Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 13 of 73
Tribe7
Wow you have awesome neighbours Blackcat, score to get your block mowed and great work on the fence staining too.

Bugger about the wire that would of hurt a lot.

Which painting did you buy for the lounge?

I’m pleased your broker is sorting out your stamp duty mess it’s really not good enough at all.

Fingers crossed those plans rock up soon

This is the painting (excuse the poor quality photo). It's 2m long.

Yeah getting to know some neighbours early is really good. Like us they have a cat and a dog, so could be handy if we need someone to feed them at some point and vice versa.
Sigh. They're expecting to apply for our building permit at the end of next week. There goes any chance of our build starting this month
The picture is really pretty, very relaxing.

Oh bugger that’s a shame they are taking there time.

It seems to be drafting holding things up; they seem to have far more builds than they can handle. Pushed my CSC for an estimate and she's saying end of March so hopefully. I'm told the building permit only takes a week.
That’s what held us up by three weeks was the drafting. Then permit took 10 days then builder took couple weeks to start.
icat2000
That’s what held us up by three weeks was the drafting. Then permit took 10 days then builder took couple weeks to start.

I really dont understand why they dont get plans started before settlment, theyve had months...

Decided yesterday that I'd like a coffee table for our front sitting room, to make it a bit of a chill out space. Just need to find a nice timber one that won't set me back hundreds of $$.
Thinking something like this

or maybe this
Both good choices. If was me choosing I like the top one.
blackcat20

or maybe this
I don't mind them, but for us they're not that kid friendly - square corners tend to hurt kids when they run into them

Drew01
blackcat20

or maybe this

I don't mind them, but for us they're not that kid friendly - square corners tend to hurt kids when they run into them

Makes sense. We're kidless at the moment anyway, but the coffee table will be going in our sitting room rather than the family room. I don't want anything with glass and not particularly keen on a round table.
Save
we've got a lot of this furniture from Oz Design - we love the radius' on the timber - not to everyones' taste though - we got rid of a heap of glass topped tables when our kids appeared...

https://www.ozdesignfurniture.com.au/br ... -blackwood

I even had them make my wife a display cabinet for her 45th birthday that matches the rest of the furniture...
I love the stuff at OzDesign but i think we're trying to keep the budget as small as possible, we'd rather put the money into a decent couch and dining table/chairs (as we currently own nothing).
blackcat20
I love the stuff at OzDesign but i think we're trying to keep the budget as small as possible, we'd rather put the money into a decent couch and dining table/chairs (as we currently own nothing).

I feel your pain - we bought our OzDesign furniture about 5 years ago when it was on sale (I think everything is always on sale), as we had a lot of empty spaces in our house.

We had our kitchen table and benches custom made, as it was heaps cheaper than buying anything - was by Nature's Secret Furniture - they made it to how we wanted it, and it's solid Australian timber with a lifetime warranty - https://naturessecret.com.au/
At my wits end with the stamp duty mess. It looks like our actual conveyancer left the company before settlement, and someone else keeps ringing me insisting they need our build contract. SRO says this is false but given the conveyancer doesnt believe me, it seems this mess is unlikely to get untangled. In the meantime we're paying interest on the stamp duty we shouldnt have paid. I dont understand why he thinks we need a signed build contract to get discounted stamp duty on a land purchase...no where on the SRO is this actually a thing. I can barely understand the guy who keeps calling and practically shouting at me without actually listening to what Im trying to say.
Could it have something to do with the need to have an occupancy certificate within 12 months of settlement to qualify for the discount?? Maybe he wants it to prove you are building and your build time? Seems odd. From memory, I don't think we provided ours, but we did have to put an estimated completion date on the paperwork for the SRO.
They've finally conceded that it is a simple as filling in a form to request the concession/refund. Yes we have to estimate the completion date but they don't need a signed build contract given that doesn't even have a date in it. Just wish they'd done it properly to begin with.
Building permit estimated now to be two weeks away. Definitely not starting the build in the estimated 8-10 weeks from settlement.
Woo hoo. On your way. Can't believe your conveyancer made you jump through hoops. Anyway, that hurdle over. Bring on the build!!!
icat2000
Woo hoo. On your way. Can't believe your conveyancer made you jump through hoops. Anyway, that hurdle over. Bring on the build!!!

He seems to be the fill in and is terrible. Yells rather than listens, if he'd given me a chance to talk I could have told him which form we needed to fill in.

Getting closer by the day, supposed to be getting our final electricals tomorrow.
Just got our final colour schedule and that all looks perfect. So we're finally inching forward. Our CSC is trying to find out why drafting is taking so long given we did our contract plans six months ago and nothing needed to be changed since then.
Related
15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum