Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 12 of 73
icat2000
Took three weeks for our plans to be finalised because of the volume of building activity happening at the moment. Hopefully, they turn yours around quickly. Because if everyone takes a couple of weeks to do their bit it all impacts.

Yeah it really slows things down. One of the girls in the stage before ours got hers through in 4 days! Hopefully there arent any problems, I know our house is slightly too big for the building evnvelope but M assures us they had that approved months ago.

By the time we do final plans, get council approval and move into the pre-construction phase, we're looking at April at this rate
Frustrating, as its good time to be building and want to get to lock up before the winter weather starts setting in.
icat2000
Frustrating, as its good time to be building and want to get to lock up before the winter weather starts setting in.

Most definitely. To think when we signed up the sales person told us we'd be in by April
:lol:
So M submitted our plans with bits missing from the colour schedule, so approval is pending that information being provided. Hopefully they do that pronto.
How annoying. Do people not check things anymore.
The bit that confuses me is I've been told we're missing three colours for the section above the garage. I have no idea what they're referring to, the only things that are coloured are the cladding, roof and guttering. And theyre all listed in the colour schedule.
There is a section of FC sheeting above your garage door as standard and it’s normally painted your eave colour unless you request something else. Gosh I hope M get cracking for you.

Tribe7
There is a section of FC sheeting above your garage door as standard and it’s normally painted your eave colour unless you request something else. Gosh I hope M get cracking for you.

We've upgraded that to brick as per estate rules, so they wouldnt approve the plans anyway if that was the case. The only coloured things are the upstairs cladding and the roof/gutters. Our My Metricon portal has been updated with an expected aprroval date but that puts us as three weeks for developer approval (potentially four if they really did submit before we settled). For an 8-10 week pre-build, that seems too long to me.
Spoke to the estate review panel today, they have our revised plans and expect to review them today or tomorrow. The use of "revised plans" makes us wonder if the brick infill above the garage was omitted from the plans as it wasnt in our contract plans and was added (again) as a variation (despite being added right at the beginning of the whole process). Fingers crossed we have that box ticked by the end of the week.
Hopefully we get some good news soon:
And just got the phone call, we have developer approval
Congratulations! Now the really exciting parts can start.

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Wooo hooo blackcat that’s fantastic news. Have drafting started on your working drawings?

Tribe7
Wooo hooo blackcat that’s fantastic news. Have drafting started on your working drawings?

I'd say so. I'm told they are in a queue and I should have them in the next week or so. We didnt make any major changes to the plans so I'm hoping its pretty quick.

Went to QLD for the weekend and stumbled upon a local artist at a market. The minute we saw her paintings we knew we'd found exactly what we wanted for our lounge room. Now to wait until we're closer to finished (and saved up a bit more $$).

I also need to find some frames for the prints we bought in Hawaii. I'm looking for some whitewashed timber, I think would suit the style perfectly. https://www.facebook.com/HeatherBrownSurfArt/
Well I hope you get the plans soon, the waiting it frustrating.

Oh cool hope you had a great trip up, it was super hot too. The art work is very funky, where do you think you will put it?

Tribe7
Oh cool hope you had a great trip up, it was super hot too. The art work is very funky, where do you think you will put it?

Not sure where to put them, we have three (two from one artist, and one from another). All 8x10 prints.

Very excited yesterday to discover we have taps! In our section, only our block and the one opposite have taps so hopefully thats a good sign. Weirdly one block in our stage already has fences and site scrape, but I'm doubtful they could have got developer approval and permits in less than four weeks...

We also took our two girls down for the first time, they enjoyed having a good sniff around. Then we took them to the dog park in the next estate which they loved (and theyve never been to one before).

And we made a good start on staining the back fence. You can see a couple of pailings on the right that we missed, we ran out! We also have to do the whole section to the left. Plan is to finish it off on sunday, run over the placd with a whipper snipper then spray the weeds. Actually caught my foot on a stray piece of wire that was firmly embedded in the soil, that was a bit painful.

Save
Jumped the gun and placed a deposit on a painting which will probably go in our lounge; the artist will store it until we're ready for it.
Popped out today to finish the fence and get the weeds sorted. Our whipper snipper went out of order so gave up on that one.

Then noticed one of the neighbours was checking our their block so went and introduce ourselves and next thing we know, they've mowed the whole block for us with their ride on mower
Well our loan broker is trying to sort out the stamp duty mess. Apparently the conveyancer should have applied for the discount, but didnt. Our actual conveyance went awol a few days before settlement so someone else was looking after us and obviously wasnt aware that we are first home buyers/builders. So the broker is trying to get the refund asap. Also our bank has a promo to pay the conveyancer fee so trying to get that sorted as well.

Still no sign of our final plans or building permit, and it's been two weeks since developer approval.
Wow you have awesome neighbours Blackcat, score to get your block mowed and great work on the fence staining too.

Bugger about the wire that would of hurt a lot.

Which painting did you buy for the lounge?

I’m pleased your broker is sorting out your stamp duty mess it’s really not good enough at all.

Fingers crossed those plans rock up soon

Related
15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum