Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 10 of 73
Wow they must have caught up then back when mine titled they were running three weeks behind.
We just titled!!
Woo hoo! Congratulations!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Congrats. Not long now.
Settlement is Jan 29
We've been advised to go do an inspection. Not sure what there is to inspect really; our pegs are all in place. Though I do want the crossover fixed as it has already been broken, I assume when they were doing the works to fix the sewer issue.
Drove straight for work today to see what the commute will be like. 80 minutes wasnt too bad considering the multi car pileup and the ongoing freeway works.

Surprised to find the whole thing has had a (bad) haircut.

And mystery holes all over our block but no one elses...are these soil testing holes?

Yep they would be your soil tests!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
bank

Interesting! Havent heard anything from M, our CSC has been uncontactable all week....glad they're doing stuff behind the scenes though.
Building insurance paperwork has arrived....5 days till settlement!
We are settled at last
Now to get a house built!
Woo hoo. Now to get the permit. That's what I am waiting on.
My CSC has let me know that the plans are currently with the developer for approval. After that its:
- drafting to do final plans
- council approval
- construction team to prepare
- site start

Estimate is 8-10 weeks from settlement so fingers crossed we're up and runnign by the end of March. She also confirmed that soil testing was all done.
Congrats on your land settlement Blackcat

I hope everything stays on task and you can get to site in March.

Tribe7
Congrats on your land settlement Blackcat

I hope everything stays on task and you can get to site in March.

Thank you. I really hope so, it just relies on everything being done in the stated time frames. Some of the grumpier people in our estate keep trying to insist that M is so hopeless it'll never happen on time, but I'm trying to be positive. But I'm also the type to keep contacting them to see where its at so theres no opportunity for them to slack off.
Don’t worry about the grumpier people, there isn’t really a cure for sour grapes

Your taking the right approach with staying positive and following every step up.

I’m hoping for a March start too, fingers crossed we can be build buddies

Tribe7
Don’t worry about the grumpier people, there isn’t really a cure for sour grapes

Your taking the right approach with staying positive and following every step up.

I’m hoping for a March start too, fingers crossed we can be build buddies

That would be awesome

I think the people having issues are all those on really small blocks, it seems to add complications to the process.
My CSC just confirmed in writing that our plan has been submitted to the developer so she is definitely keeping things moving.
Some of the block sizes these days are crazy small.

Oh wow that’s very exciting to say the least, hopefully your covenant approval comes back quickly and the wheels of motion keep moving. We have valuation today, our working drawings have been ordered too

Tribe7

Oh wow that’s very exciting to say the least, hopefully your covenant approval comes back quickly and the wheels of motion keep moving. We have valuation today, our working drawings have been ordered too

Some of the small blocks are just a smidge over 200sqm, the houses are wall to wall....

Good luck with the valuation!
blackcat20
Tribe7

Some of the small blocks are just a smidge over 200sqm, the houses are wall to wall....

Good luck with the valuation!

OMG what do they even build on that?

Valuation is all done and went great
tick that off the list

Related
15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum