Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 70 of 73
Kimmykim
Sorry to hear all the problems with M. We got most our defects fixed except the crack lines on our garage floor. M said they will only repair if the crack is the size where you can slip in your credit card. We just need to monitor that.

By the way Blackcat, does the double glazing windows work in winter? How's the temperature in your house? We didn't have that done but would like to know whether it is worth to change in future. The weather is freezing cold now and we are having 15° inside the house. Thanks in advance.
Depends on where you live and want the outside temperature?

We are in inner East of Melb, with the cold days so far we have had 14.5deg in our house. This is with full hebel, double hlazed throught the home, some internal sound insulation between the walls, insulation between the ground and first floor, blinds and curtains on all the windows that can be open and doors.

We expected the a 6+ star energy home would be warmer tbh.

Renman
Kimmykim
Sorry to hear all the problems with M. We got most our defects fixed except the crack lines on our garage floor. M said they will only repair if the crack is the size where you can slip in your credit card. We just need to monitor that.

By the way Blackcat, does the double glazing windows work in winter? How's the temperature in your house? We didn't have that done but would like to know whether it is worth to change in future. The weather is freezing cold now and we are having 15° inside the house. Thanks in advance.
Depends on where you live and want the outside temperature?

We are in inner East of Melb, with the cold days so far we have had 14.5deg in our house. This is with full hebel, double hlazed throught the home, some internal sound insulation between the walls, insulation between the ground and first floor, blinds and curtains on all the windows that can be open and doors.

We expected the a 6+ star energy home would be warmer tbh.

I agree, I thought our house would maintain its temperature better. Our bedrooms get down to around 16 overnight.

M are coming to inspect the creaking floor next week. Also still chasing the correct remotes for the garage door.

Got so sick of the crappy paintwork in the ensuite that I painted it myself today. Five minutes and it looks way better.

Our insulation is crap too...

Drew01
Our insulation is crap too...

It's disappointing. I'd hate to think how cold we'd be without the double glazing. It's amazing at keeping construction noise out though which is good given it's going on 6 days a week over my back fence.

Attempted to use the bath tub for the first time... apparently we don't have a plug

blackcat20
Attempted to use the bath tub for the first time... apparently we don't have a plug

I've got 3 i don't need it you want one of ours! We had a pop down plug installed in our third bath

Drew01
blackcat20

I've got 3 i don't need it you want one of ours! We had a pop down plug installed in our third bath

Do you have the same bath? Its the Metro Island from Beaumont. Wont say no if you can spare one
The plug I bought from Bunnings doesnt fit....
M have been through to sort out a few things. Creaking floor is on notice, painters are coming back and they're trying to sort out the missing gage remotes and bath plug.

blackcat20
M have been through to sort out a few things. Creaking floor is on notice, painters are coming back and they're trying to sort out the missing gage remotes and bath plug.

Is it the creaking of the subfloors or the joist?

Renman
blackcat20

We think a joist as it creaks back and forth as you walk across the floor, like it's see sawing.

blackcat20
Renman
blackcat20

We think a joist as it creaks back and forth as you walk across the floor, like it's see sawing.

You should get like a small knocking noise as soon as U applied pressure to the area.

Renman
blackcat20
Renman
[quote="blackcat20"]M have been through to sort out a few things. Creaking floor is on notice, painters are coming back and they're trying to sort out the missing gage remotes and bath plug.

You should get like a small knocking noise as soon as U applied pressure to the area.

[/quote]Hmm I haven't noticed any. They were going to look at the plans and see what was under there.

blackcat20
Renman
blackcat20
[quote="Renman"][quote="blackcat20"]M have been through to sort out a few things. Creaking floor is on notice, painters are coming back and they're trying to sort out the missing gage remotes and bath plug.

[/quote]Hmm I haven't noticed any. They were going to look at the plans and see what was under there.

[/quote]I am still waiting for the joist company to attend site with Metricon to assess the issue.

Before and after

Nice study fit out!

Drew01
Nice study fit out!

Thanks! Its nice to finally get everything off the desk and floor (the before photo was post me taking everything out).
I'm still waiting for my cabinet maker to finish other jobs before he gets to ours...

Completely bespoke, we're hoping it'll look awesome when done

Drew01
I'm still waiting for my cabinet maker to finish other jobs before he gets to ours...

Completely bespoke, we're hoping it'll look awesome when done

Look forward to seeing it. I've had this one in the works for a few months and very pleased with how it turned out.
Very nice.

Is that desk for two people?

Renman
Very nice.

Is that desk for two people?

Yes. Means my husband can work from home when needed, and itll give us more space once the little one needs it as well.
Related
15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum