Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 65 of 73
blackcat20
Another busy weekend
Side path filled and levelled. Front dressed with soil, tree framed up and turf laid.

Looking great!
Drew01
You guys are machines!!!

My husband worked his butt off today. My assistance has been rather minimal due to circumstances. He's done a great job.

blackcat20
Another busy weekend
Side path filled and levelled. Front dressed with soil, tree framed up and turf laid.

Wow that looks awesome did you guys do all that yourself? I need tips !

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
excited_builders
blackcat20
Another busy weekend

Wow that looks awesome did you guys do all that yourself? I need tips !

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
We did! My husband did all the heavy lifting as I'm 7 months pregnant. My job was soil spreader. Was just a matter of working out how much soil and grass we needed, getting it in place and laying turf. Side path will get pavers and river stones when we get a chance.

Well our service period has ended and M contacted us to book in...in April! Unfortunately that's when I'm due so they've scrambled to book us in sooner Ie March. Plus sending someone out asap to sort out our front door lock, as it locks us out even when unlocked, and even a key wont get you in.
blackcat20
Well our service period has ended and M contacted us to book in...in April! Unfortunately that's when I'm due so they've scrambled to book us in sooner Ie March. Plus sending someone out asap to sort out our front door lock, as it locks us out even when unlocked, and even a key wont get you in.

It never ends hey? I hope you get everything sorted quickly - and before bub arrives!
shokel1975
blackcat20

It never ends hey? I hope you get everything sorted quickly - and before bub arrives!

Me too. Most of the issues are paint related so shouldnt be too hard; I refuse to scrub paint splatter off the floor.

Theyre trying to tell me that the data point in the lounge isnt meant to work, that you plug the modem in via the study and then it will work. That makes no sense to me....
blackcat20
shokel1975
blackcat20

Me too. Most of the issues are paint related so shouldnt be too hard; I refuse to scrub paint splatter off the floor.

Theyre trying to tell me that the data point in the lounge isnt meant to work, that you plug the modem in via the study and then it will work. That makes no sense to me....

mmm... then why on earth would you have a point in the lounge if it isn't meant to work? seems like bs to me
shokel1975
blackcat20

mmm... then why on earth would you have a point in the lounge if it isn't meant to work? seems like bs to me

Agree; we specifically wanted two points.
blackcat20
shokel1975
blackcat20

Agree; we specifically wanted two points.
Is it a pay tv type point or RJ45?

We have 2 RJ45, and one f type in the lounge

Drew01
Is it a pay tv type point or RJ45?

We have 2 RJ45, and one f type in the lounge

It looks like this:

But looking at the one in the study it seems it should have been FDA. Given the lounge room one was the included data point and the study one we added was extra I'm a bit annoyed that it doesnt work independently.
We don't have any of those... But we're not in an estate, so none of the NBN crap...

On the left, two incoming f-type from cable/Foxtel, phone. Both of the f-type connectors is extended through to the living room as well for Foxtel if we ever want it or to move the modem.

On the right, data outlets, two to the family, one to each of the rumpus, upstairs living and alarm panel, and the solar power meter

With Wi-fi6 and 5G them cable outlets in our homes are beginning to look like old gas light stubs! Whacko for communication advance.
kks
With Wi-fi6 and 5G them cable outlets in our homes are beginning to look like old gas light stubs! Whacko for communication advance.
That's all well and good if you're in an area serviced by those technologies...

Even FTTB doesn't give you different connectivity inside the dwelling

Husband did a rough layout of pavers last night. They need to be levelled and aligned, then we will fill around them with river stones.

blackcat20
shokel1975
blackcat20

Thats normal. The data point goes from the study to the lounge. So in the study where your modem is, you will plug an ethernet cable into the modem and the other end into the point on the wall for the lounge. That then makes the point in the lounge active, and you can then plug it into whatever device you want to. Just think of the wall points as a massive extension for your ethernet cable coming out of the modem.
kks

A hardwired connection will still beat a wifi connection any day. I'll be connecting as many devices via ethernet as possible
seanpain4
blackcat20

Thats normal. The data point goes from the study to the lounge. So in the study where your modem is, you will plug an ethernet cable into the modem and the other end into the point on the wall for the lounge. That then makes the point in the lounge active, and you can then plug it into whatever device you want to. Just think of the wall points as a massive extension for your ethernet cable coming out of the modem.

Weird though that the data point in the lounge is the standard/included one, and we added the study one as an extra. It works fine the way it is, but we had originally wanted the modem in the lounge.
Love where you live.

Curtains at last.

Related
15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum