Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Winchester 28- Landscaping

Page 51 of 73
Last update I had was Friday, and that was that nothing had been done in the two weeks prior except for blind installation. Hoping like crazy that something has been done this week. The big issues are scratched shower screen doors, scratched kitchen window and ensuite bench replacement.
blackcat20
Last update I had was Friday, and that was that nothing had been done in the two weeks prior except for blind installation. Hoping like crazy that something has been done this week. The big issues are scratched shower screen doors, scratched kitchen window and ensuite bench replacement.

Ya, frustrating to wait. Especially knowing that it is so near to handover.
we've got our PCI on Monday, but our SS has already said it'll be 2-3 weeks after that for keys based on what their QA team has picked up on already
Drew01
we've got our PCI on Monday, but our SS has already said it'll be 2-3 weeks after that for keys based on what their QA team has picked up on already

Yeah we were told that too. Three weeks tomorrow and no word.
blackcat20
Three weeks since PCI and still no hand over date....
Oh no....for some reason I stopped getting any updates for new notifications....was wondering how no one has been posting.
Anyway did u follow up....on what is still remaining...do u have appliances, gas etc in?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Horror stories in our estate. One family moved all their stuff in, only for the entire house to be emptied overnight. Just ordered a security door for ours to be installed as soon as we have keys.

excited_builders no appliances last time we looked; they leave those till handover to reduce the chance of theft.

Heres hoping I get an update today.
blackcat20
Horror stories in our estate. One family moved all their stuff in, only for the entire house to be emptied overnight. Just ordered a security door for ours to be installed as soon as we have keys.

excited_builders no appliances last time we looked; they leave those till handover to reduce the chance of theft.

Omg blackcat20! That is terrible!
shokel1975
blackcat20

Omg blackcat20! That is terrible!

I know! Makes me more worried than I had been. So security door went to the top of my list. We've also got floodlight cameras to install and a ring doorbell. Though we wont be moving stuff in then leaving the house overnight. Once we're in, we're in.
blackcat20

That's terrible! Can there be more patrols by the police? Security door is crucial then and maybe install home security system as well?
And let's all be careful about what we actually post on the forum. Writing about one's camera set ups, lack of internet, appliances installed, the dog's with the parents, and all that sort of stuff just ain't smart. It's so easy to identify our builds; photos supply so much information; the bad boys do visit the forum. Take care.
Gosh shocking....my first item is going to be a security system
Kimmykim
blackcat20

That's terrible! Can there be more patrols by the police? Security door is crucial then and maybe install home security system as well?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Hi Guys,
Does it worth to obtain video intercom and security system through M ?
Wild
Hi Guys,
Does it worth to obtain video intercom and security system through M ?
We haven't so I don't know what they offer.

Apparently our fences are finally done.
Shower screens were replaced this week and other fix ups done. Ensuite bench and kitchen window are being sorted next week and dirty soil removed the week after. So keys are still a few weeks away but that's ok.

Glad to hear that they agreed to remove dirty soil and the replacements.
Wild
Glad to hear that they agreed to remove dirty soil and the replacements.
Me too. The downside is we need to remove a section of the newly installed fence for them to do it

That's a pain, but you are so close and these hassles will be a history in just couple of months.
Went for a quick visit yesterday. Fences look good despite the delays to get them.

Gas metre is in.

Gate looks great (though hopefully finishes at the ground once we landscape or our dogs are going to be able to get out).

Doesnt look like much going on inside, still needs touch ups and a clean. Kitchen window due to be fixed tomorrow and final paint next week.
blackcat20
Went for a quick visit yesterday. Fences look good despite the delays to get them.

Gas metre is in.

Gate looks great (though hopefully finishes at the ground once we landscape or our dogs are going to be able to get out).

Doesnt look like much going on inside, still needs touch ups and a clean. Kitchen window due to be fixed tomorrow and final paint next week.

I love your gate! Looking great! Hope everything is fixed and you can move in in no time!
Kimmykim
blackcat20

Gas metre is in.

I love your gate! Looking great! Hope everything is fixed and you can move in in no time!

Sounds like we still have a couple of weeks of work to go, its all moving very slowly. I've been told they want it off their books by end of month.
Related
15/06/2023
Excavation for landscaping

Building A New House

Hmmm, I have checked your past posts and it seems that you are in NSW, not WA as I had thought. It pays to show your State in your avatar. Retaining wall regulations…

18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum