Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Street setback on an asymetric front boundary

Page 1 of 1
Hi I came across this lot in our desired location. The front street boundary is curved as you can see in the photo. This is making one of the side dept 36m and the other side boundary 12.6m.
Can anyone help me understanding from which point of the front bounday primary street setback is calculated?
Is it the A or B (marked in pink ) in the photo?

I tried reading blacktown council dwelling guidelines they dont say anything unfortunately.
Thanks in advance
Our setback was calculated as a line running parallel to the edge of the lot, not a specific point. This is our setback diagram which is probably clearer than trying to explain.

So as I understand it, the whole building has to fall behind that line.

I can't speak for Blacktown council particularly, but setbacks are usually a line parallel to the boundary (like in Jennifermarie's example). So in your case, the setback would be a curve that matches your street curve, so your building area won't be a neat rectangle. Hope that makes sense.
The distance is perpendicular to the boundary so your building envelope will be triangley shaped. Call the planning dept before putting money down would be my advice.
Thanks everyone. Looks like its a complicated block
Related
3/04/2024
Front setback minimum requirement for battleaxe plot

General Discussion

Thanks Draftroom that definitely helps a heap. We are still at the very early stage of planning to see what kind of house would fit on our plot. While we are on a…

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

30/05/2023
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

Hi All, see above image. The required setback from the rear boundary in my case is 5m, as you can see the shape of the site and location of the boundary is slightly…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum