Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Modified Statesman Ashville

Page 2 of 3
Bricking started today, plumbing was done last Friday. Hopefully the roof goes in over the next day or so.

So I haven't updated in a while. I have been ridiculously busy. Our house is now at lock up. Everything seems to be flying along. Spoke with the builder who said handover should be first week in October so I've been frantically shopping trying to sort everything it. We are up doing our stormwater tomorrow so I'll get some pics then.

Front will be all rendered. Can not wait to see it all come together.
Ckfd! How exciting! We have the same front windows hehe.

Interesting that your bricking happened before your roof, ours is vice versa.

Love it so far, can't wait to see more updates soon!

nicoledee - Im fairly sure it just depends on what trades are available in each area. Our kitchen and bathroom cabinetry was all delivered late last week so hopefully that goes in this week. Tiler is due to start next week. All going so quickly!
October is so soon! How are you feeling?
Got the exciting email today. Pre handover in 4-6 weeks and completion in 6-8 weeks. I'm so excited!!!
Hoorah!!
WOOHOO!!!

That is awesome Ckfd!! Congratulations
Thought I'd add some pictures that I took. One bit of advice go to site often and check the doors. Tradies are always leaving doors unlocked.

From the kitchen looking back to the front door

The bricks after the acid wash. The mortar has come up so much whiter thank god.

Kitchen

Kitchen island. Can't wait to se the stone benchtops go in.

Hallway linen cupboard. I'm so excited to have so much storage. My current house has none. At all.
I feel giddy for you just looking at all that storage space!
alysanne I added the brickwork picture for you to see the difference after they cleaned the bricks. 😊
Thanks so much! 😊
Yesterday we went for a look to see if much else had been done. Tiling has started!!

Laundry

Main Bathroom

Ensuite #2

Kitchen
can you post a pic of your roller garage door... i want to see chest nut color.
The tiling is looking so good! I really like the black tile backsplash in the kitchen. Also, what colour was your joinery in the kitchen, the bottom cupboards? Looks really good!!! How is it travelling now?

yasir_fnd chestnut colour.

House Facade Painted

Ensuite 1 for my mum

Ensuite 2 for my hubby and I

alysanne the bottom cabinets are Laminex Fossil and the uppers are the Egger Premium in White Gloss. They were an upgrade that they were throwing in for free when we went to selections.

All that's left to go now is the shower screens, appliances and a decent clean. Clean is booked for October 5th and Pre-Handover is booked for the 6th of October. Hoping the bank gets there to do their inspection quickly and pays the last payment so our site supervisor can bring the keys with him! I'm so excited now and just want to move in!!
You are so close now, congratulations!
I've got the Egger Premium in white as well. The Fossil looks really nice. I was contemplating that for a little while. I hope the bank does the inspection quickly. Will you be getting an independent building inspector as well?
So close, I feel like the next two weeks are just going to drag!

We've got a family friend who's a building inspector and came through with us at several different times and he said everything was all good and there's no need for concern.
Woo! Good news! Our bank has made the final payment so we get the keys next Friday the 6th. So excited!!!!
Related
9/05/2023
what to add for energy efficiency building volume home

Eco Living

go upvc window frames ensure insulation under colorbond. not just sarking, lighter color roof also not sure if you have seen this viewtopic.php?t=5823 last couple of pages…

11/05/2023
Building duplex at the hills council area

Building A New House

Even if it's not being sub-divided and you want to keep it as Torrens title, you will still need to talk to a town planner or Council themselves, to see if they will allow…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum