Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sekisui | Burbank - Cedarwood1828

Page 39 of 43
Yes we are getting timber fence although our neighbour at the back of us who is the only one who needs to contribute, wants us to use his fencer as he is a bit cheaper ($200 cheaper) and the sleepers he does are $30 not $40 but I want to keep the one we have scheduled.

Fence finished! any pics ....what will you do next? We are same with thinking about of doing things the fast way half way the job.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
If their quality isn’t good go with your own one. Different places can vary so much. See the 1st pic below, back neighbours got this done. The retain supports are useless - not close/strong enough and it’s actually supporting from the wrong side.

Pic quality aren’t great still too early in morning.

Yes they have started winding me up a bit because I knew their fencer didn’t do timber because I asked them over a year ago when we considered using the same company. Our neighbours have been insisting they did so sent a screenshot this morning of my conversation with the fencers who clearly said they did NOT supply timber fencing.

Btw I LOVE the colour you’ve painted your fence! It looks great.

ehhc
If their quality isn’t good go with your own one. Different places can vary so much. See the 1st pic below, back neighbours got this done. The retain supports are useless - not close/strong enough and it’s actually supporting from the wrong side.

Pic quality aren’t great still too early in morning.

Nice colour, and you still have a decent room on the side.

Driveway being poured on Monday

So exciting your house will feel so different!

Wow, You will see a big different after driveway is complete, the house will be totally dressed up.

Concreters are here, exciting but also hoping they will do a good job. Had their coffees now waiting for beer o’clock

Done! Hose down and control cuts on wed. Sealer next week. Can’t drive on it for 2 weeks! :/ hoping it dries quite abit lighter....

Looks great! I love that new concrete look it never appears that clean again

looks like a great job done!
Thanks guys. Haha know what you mean about clean concrete. I looked at the new bits, said should keep it clean. Look at the old bits and said ... yeah nah.

Now your house looks formal fully dressed up all you needs is corsage ( landscaping )

Can you tell me what spray painter you got from bunnings I will be going and getting one next week if this fence is ever finished!!

trimum
Can you tell me what spray painter you got from bunnings I will be going and getting one next week if this fence is ever finished!!

Come over and borrow mine! It’s only a $40 obitzo but does the job and we prob won’t use it again

Got all these from Parchem today from a last minute recommendation from a friend. Chris from the Wetherill Park store was super helpful with tips and advice.

Cleaning some plaster spills tonight then will mask up and pressure wash the floor tomorrow. Wait 1 week to dry before 1st coat

Will be great to see what you think, we haven’t done anything with our garage flooring yet.

Hmm problems may not occur until months down the track (if we did it alright) but I’ll give feedback if there is hot tire pick up after the first drive on though

Plaster bumps scrapped off and scrubbed with a metal bristle brush. Walls taped up. Looks like a scene from Dexter lol.

Apparently it’s all in the prep so we want to get that as 100% as we can. We’re scrubbing down with a long handle stiff bristle brush, sugar soap and pressure washing it. It’s really lifting off all the dirt, oils and bits of plaster that couldn’t be scrapped off. Been told the epoxy won’t stick to any paints/plaster/oil/dirt and the acid won’t get through those materials. Next is acid etch and again pressure wash, maybe a few passes to remove all the acid

Take a lot of prep to get a good result. Slow and steady is the way to go.
Waiting to see the colour of your garage floor.

Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum