Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sekisui | Burbank - Cedarwood1828

Page 38 of 43
shazaw
You have been very busy that garage door is looking much better after painting the trim.

He he I'm very jello that you guys are fixing up inside, lights, laundry,TV connected. I'm so envied.

Oh there is another place that sell garden pots at St Peter. Called Garden Life 158 Princes Hwy.
I have drive by many times but never had a chance to go in. Looks interesting from outside.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624

Went to their website, everything is so beautiful. But holy moly check out the prices LOL... way too much for us. https://gardenlife.com.au/product/adakupu-ribbed-jar/

I really want a set of pots like this with varying texture and slight changes in shape. Maybe Kmart might have some

A neighbours friend convinced us to get his mate to install lights and antenna at mates rates and great job. Lol 4 weeks later no one showed up. Had to take matters into own hands.

Had our outdoor lights and kitchen batten lights done. Loving the soft warm light it now brings to the kitchen

Antenna up... finally no more scrambling to find nrl and origin games online.

ehhc
shazaw
You have been very busy that garage door is looking much better after painting the trim.

He he I'm very jello that you guys are fixing up inside, lights, laundry,TV connected. I'm so envied.

Oh there is another place that sell garden pots at St Peter. Called Garden Life 158 Princes Hwy.
I have drive by many times but never had a chance to go in. Looks interesting from outside.

Went to their website, everything is so beautiful. But holy moly check out the prices LOL... way too much for us. https://gardenlife.com.au/product/adakupu-ribbed-jar/

I really want a set of pots like this with varying texture and slight changes in shape. Maybe Kmart might have some

You can get similar one at bunnings.

Finally fence is coming up! Have ag pipes and geotext fabric ready. 2.25tons of 20mm aggregate coming tomorrow. Busy DIY this sat :/

That’s great!!! I bet you’re pleased to see that fence go up!

Bloody oath! Even though it’s only one side for now, it’s our main living area side. Can start planning landscaping materials etc soon.

Much better workman ship so far than the crappy back fence mob too.

so good!
Did your neighbour fixed their leaking down pipe. Looking forward to see more DIY landscaping.

shazaw
Did your neighbour fixed their leaking down pipe. Looking forward to see more DIY landscaping.

Nope. Super frustrating. I’ve even offered to help but it looks like they are trying to go the cheapest option eg blame the previous trades, warranty. All getting dragged out

Finish ag line.... move just over 2T of grave yesterday :/ no six pack lol

We started on a small retaining at the front too, but decided it was too low so we added another stepped sleeper. Will box them off after driveway so it’s like a stepped bed. Maybe 3 trees or big plants

Today we will make a start to paint the fence then we can back fill and level off some areas

Wow Excellent job ehhc not easy to wheelbarrow gravels on uneven surface. So nice to have tall fence. Hard work but the result is worth it.

Excellent job it looks so good! My annual leave is over now and I’ve not been able to get s fraction of the landscaping done that I wanted to as excavating only finished on Friday so I think will have to pay landscapers to do it. My weekends are absolutely full and hubby is not motivated to do anything in the garden except lay the turf. You really have done great stuff, did you do retaining wall or did you get the fencer to do that?

trimum
Excellent job it looks so good! My annual leave is over now and I’ve not been able to get s fraction of the landscaping done that I wanted to as excavating only finished on Friday so I think will have to pay landscapers to do it. My weekends are absolutely full and hubby is not motivated to do anything in the garden except lay the turf. You really have done great stuff, did you do retaining wall or did you get the fencer to do that?

Gets tough without annual leave! Nah the main retaining wall, the fencer did it for us. We only did the stepped extension at the front. Heaps good the way they did it - at least way better than what the back fencers did.

Anyway. Painting fail! We picked shale grey to match the fascia but it’s turned out wayyy too light. Didn’t think the difference would be that huge when applied to a bigger area. Ms ehhc doesn’t mind it that much but I’m going to paint the 2nd coat something like Basalt. Not entirely wasted since the timber absorbed so much that we need a 2nd coat but it’s just all the little crevices that I need to make sure I go over again.

Edit: should clarify... the shale grey color is still nice. It just doesn’t suit our external colours

I have pick wrong colour for garage floor.. The colour is way too light for garage but looks alright with the wall colour. Floor colour don't go with the drive way colour.

shazaw
I have pick wrong colour for garage floor.. The colour is way too light for garage but looks alright with the wall colour. Floor colour don't go with the drive way colour.

Oh no! Im sure you wont have the garage door open that much that its a big worry though? Or maybe you will

Meh, by the time its covered in cars and junk you dont know where to put (like ours is) you wont even see the floor colour
That doesn’t look bad shazza:)

At our old place we had a terra-cotta driveway and light grey garage floor hehehe

Finished painting fence. Dramas galore

So first we decided shale grey was too light. Went to get 15L of Basalt. Painted for 2-3 hours and decided it was taking too long. We back and bought a spray gun
man this was the best $40 spent!!! Relationship saver

HOWEVER..... throughout painting we kept thinking how come this basalt formula is darker than our gutters and water tank. We just wanted to get it done and just powered through. It was not until cleaning up that I read the paint label. Lady at bunnings gave us Ironstone instead :/

No way are we painting again. Still like ironstone but not as much as basalt. But then again, never seen basalt on a fence so I don’t know. Time to move on

Spray painter is the way to go! Is this for timber or colorbond fence?

trimum
Spray painter is the way to go! Is this for timber or colorbond fence?

Fence is timber lapped and capped. Are you still getting a timber corner fence? Will you be painting it?
Not sure this spray gun is good enough for metal surfaces...

Hehe oh no i thought you were using a spray gun at the start otherwise I would have suggested it. Yes, they're SOOO much faster than a paint brush.

I love ironstone so Id be biased giving an opinion
The darker colour will make your plants pop more
Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum