Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sekisui | Burbank - Cedarwood1828

Page 34 of 43
ehhc
Yeah... thanks for the concerns everyone. Lol I was super p|ssed off about the whole situation and how everyone just seems to screw up left right and center. From CSO not issuing variation before PCI, cant follow contract process for handover, can’t calculate, builder mistakes, bank slow, valuer didn’t do it right the first time. But.... we’re fortunate we still have a roof over our heads and surely it’s only a couple weeks to go now. Small delay in the long scheme of things.

Just couple of weeks to go so hang in there. Try to relax go for super head to toe massage to relieve stress, as for me ...I'm repotting pot plants knowing I will not be able to plant these out straight away ( my way of stress relieve).

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
I’m getting nervous leading up to PCI, no sign of our final invoice but there’s still time I guess. Hope you get movement very soon, it’s funny I usually love public holidays but have been dreading them since we started building it’s another day of no work.

Ohh yeah I dislike the public holidays now too... wonder if it’s like that with all builds or just us 3 with Burbank. It must be just us in Sydney - I saw a Instagram tagged Burbank and it was BecMorris they got handover earlier this year I think lol!!

I had my dosage of stress relief yesterday. Kept my day off, had a remedial massage, a hair cut, exchanged a few things at Bunnings. Haha. One form of stress relief for me is organizing a list of stuff to move and any missing tools to buy or borrow. Weird hey.

Probably just the three of us
I’m going to go and do some shopping for things I don’t need and I can’t afford then spending the rest of the weekend with buyers remorse
that’s my stress relief and then stress inducer

ehhc
Ohh yeah I dislike the public holidays now too... wonder if it’s like that with all builds or just us 3 with Burbank. It must be just us in Sydney - I saw a Instagram tagged Burbank and it was BecMorris they got handover earlier this year I think lol!!

I had my dosage of stress relief yesterday. Kept my day off, had a remedial massage, a hair cut, exchanged a few things at Bunnings. Haha. One form of stress relief for me is organizing a list of stuff to move and any missing tools to buy or borrow. Weird hey.

trimum
Probably just the three of us
I’m going to go and do some shopping for things I don’t need and I can’t afford then spending the rest of the weekend with buyers remorse
that’s my stress relief and then stress inducer

LOL My stress relief just thinking of landscaping and buying more plants .

Final cheque in hand!
. Now just to set a date/time with builder

ehhc
Final cheque in hand!

WOW YES cheque !!!::smile:: Please keep it safe.

Don't you feels happy and good to pass this cheque on to Builder even though You are going to be paying many months of interests $$$$ later.
lol

That’s great news.... nothing to stop you getting those keys now!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
ehhc
Final cheque in hand!

Yesss!!! One step closer to the elusive

Hi There, have you set date for handover.

We attempted handover today. Didn’t go well at all. A few things from our pci checklist weren’t done. Some new problems too - Stove top igniter didn’t work. Hws relief value sprays water all over the electrical area. Solar Hws sensor not connected. Roller door stuffed. In the end we’re not sure who rejected who...

I’ve emailed the HO to intervene with a list of issues to be addressed and asked for a new handover date. This sucks. Some small things we let slide because they will be cheap to buy or easy to fix. But for the bigger things we weren’t going to be Bullshit7ed anymore.

ehhc
We attempted handover today. Didn’t go well at all. A few things from our pci checklist weren’t done. Some new problems too - Stove top igniter didn’t work. Hws relief value sprays water all over the electrical area. Solar Hws sensor not connected. Roller door stuffed. In the end we’re not sure who rejected who...

Every things you have mention must be in working order and functional to complete handover.
No way you have to accept if stove top is not functioning also that garage roller door must be fixed for security ....

ehhc

Oh wow that’s so frustrating I would be so mad for what should be such an exciting time. Did HO get back to you and has your SS told you what they will do to get this sorted?

trimum
ehhc

Oh wow that’s so frustrating I would be so mad for what should be such an exciting time. Did HO get back to you and has your SS told you what they will do to get this sorted?

HO, not not yet and we’re not expecting any response until early next week. It was 5pm by the time I got the email out.
As for SS? The small things he’s agreed to - get electrician for this, plumber for that. No timeframes were not given though. However we couldn’t agree on 3 items towards the end and I think I had the justification to back my points but it all fell on deaf ears. The conversation went no where, and he expressed his desire to finish up and reschedule handover despite no agreement on fixes. We didn’t even get to check if the hot water works. He started to close the doors etc so we just left!! In at 2.25, left at 3:05. The mrs doesn’t even want to attend the next meeting - Waste of annual leave but mainly not wanting another depressing experience.

That’s so frustrating! We almost had one item we couldn’t agree on - our feature brickwork - but when I said render it, our SS was happy to oblige so we had a completed list. Hopefully your next meeting will be more positive, and you can get it sorted.

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
ehhc
trimum
ehhc

HO, not not yet and we’re not expecting any response until early next week. It was 5pm by the time I got the email out.
As for SS? The small things he’s agreed to - get electrician for this, plumber for that. No timeframes were not given though. However we couldn’t agree on 3 items towards the end and I think I had the justification to back my points but it all fell on deaf ears. The conversation went no where, and he expressed his desire to finish up and reschedule handover despite no agreement on fixes. We didn’t even get to check if the hot water works. He started to close the doors etc so we just left!! In at 2.25, left at 3:05. The mrs doesn’t even want to attend the next meeting - Waste of annual leave but mainly not wanting another depressing experience.

Oh wow just mind blowing. I’m so sorry you are being treated this way. Have you reached out to Burbank via social media? Sometimes this is the only option.

Yeah that’s why I said we’re sure who rejected who haha. Did we say no to handover or did we get kicked out? I’m not even sure.

Arh social media. Not yet, but I am considering taking this straight to fair trading for mediation. If I posted on their social media I would be too tempted to do a side by side shot of our build vs Sekisui House display home complete with their logos and their hash tag noplacelikehome lol too far?

ehhc
Yeah that’s why I said we’re sure who rejected who haha. Did we say no to handover or did we get kicked out? I’m not even sure.

Arh social media. Not yet, but I am considering taking this straight to fair trading for mediation. If I posted on their social media I would be too tempted to do a side by side shot of our build vs Sekisui House display home complete with their logos and their hash tag noplacelikehome lol too far?

Knowing your SS he may have kicked you out! He threatened to do the same to us last year if hubby didn’t stop complaining when he was covering our SS leave!!
Nothing is too far at this stage. Take the issue to whoever you need to!

trimum
ehhc

Knowing your SS he may have kicked you out! He threatened to do the same to us last year if hubby didn’t stop complaining when he was covering our SS leave!!
Nothing is too far at this stage. Take the issue to whoever you need to!

Did he do that in front of the A.M? If so then, voicing to him won’t do anything for us...

Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum