Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sekisui | Burbank - Cedarwood1828

Page 30 of 43
ehhc
Hi, no confirmed date but SS is aiming to finish by month end. We’re locked out so I can’t confirm exactly what is done or not.

I know roof service was carried out. Painting patch ups were done inside and out. 1 piece of window glass replaced (optical manufacturing fault). Missing linen shelving installed.

Still have to do
-Down pipe fix
-replace damaged flyscreen
-rear garage door tracks repair
-kitchen flyscreen doors
-csd adjustments, stop and pull kits
-sliding door adjustments
-incorrect vanity mixer
-incorrect drains
-turn a GPO upside down
-minor concrete patching
-appliances/hws/aircon

Things seem to be getting nasty in the office. I queried the final variation they hit me up for earthworks provisional allowance. I asked them to justify it as our SS at the time advised an amount that was way lower than currently claimed. Now for the first time, I am getting the no email reply, phones not being answered. Our previous CSOs were always reachable, always helped to find an answer, nothing was too hard. So because they are not responding, I don’t have a final variation and therefore no final invoice yet.

Good new that your SS has a goal to finish by end of the month.
After talking to my SS ... I feels he does not have any idea on when the house will finish.
Very reluctant to give approximate time.
We have not communicate with CSO. Wonder how they will treat us later.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
trimum
I’m in agreement with their variations it’s the site costs and their adjustments I’m cinerned about. The extra months of fencing, extra site clearances when people keep dumping their rubbish, extra months of portable toilet on site etc

I wouldn’t expect a final variation for any work unless the item was a ‘provisional allowance’ in the contract. It’s not fair to be charged those examples above... not our fault they went slow

Yes I will have to look back in our contract and find out what was ‘provisional’

trimum
Yes I will have to look back in our contract and find out what was ‘provisional’

You can’t be charged for longer fence hire, longer toilet hire etc as that’s the builders issue. Also any rubbishy dumped on site after you handover to them is their costs as it’s their site and they should keep secure.

Decent update this week

Aircon unit installed

Appliances delivered, some fitted. Newer and better models of M/W, dishwasher and oven

Roof cowl for r/h installed (finally, what a relief they did this as upgraded instead of plumbing out of wall near a window like they were getting ready for)

Here is pic of the Solar hot water collector. We’ll put a cover over the outdoor area so we won’t really see it. Although I don’t mind it - it looks sort of techy/ geeky

We have solar hot water too. I dont mind the look of the panels at all

Ours works excellently. We turn the booster on only like three times a year, the rest of the time its free hot water baby. (well other than water consumption which i always forget).
cat_dunc
We have solar hot water too. I dont mind the look of the panels at all

Ours works excellently. We turn the booster on only like three times a year, the rest of the time its free hot water baby. (well other than water consumption which i always forget).

That’s cos we’re dorky haha. 3D modeling and rendering lol.

Which brand did you get, and was with builder or after handover? We were only meant to get gas storage. Ours is Chromagen, the reviews seem pretty poor.

Cat, I searched your thread and found the answer like I should of haha

So you have a Rheem solar upgraded with Sekisui. I hope the chromagen system will be decent enough to give us free hot water. I watched some YouTube videos after your comment about free hot water... unbelievable... the collector gets hot enough so you just turn off the booster? Does the hot water actually feel like proper hot, showering, hot water without the booster?

ehhc
Decent update this week

Aircon unit installed

Appliances delivered, some fitted. Newer and better models of M/W, dishwasher and oven

Roof cowl for r/h installed (finally, what a relief they did this as upgraded instead of plumbing out of wall near a window like they were getting ready for)

Here is pic of the Solar hot water collector. We’ll put a cover over the outdoor area so we won’t really see it. Although I don’t mind it - it looks sort of techy/ geeky

Do you have photo of appliances.

That’s a good lot of work done!

Tehehee Ehhc! Sorry I totally forgot to go have a look at what it was called.

Yeah our hot water is SMOKING. In fact scollerding hot without the electric booster being turned on. We often wonder if they didnt put a max temp restrictor on the system.

Only a few times a year (honestly not many times) in the middle of winter when its been overcast for a few days do we need to turn ours on.

We also upgraded to a larger tank, as well as three panels instead of two. This makes our hot water last longer as there's more in the tank

I dont know how it will compare to your system. Hopefully yours will be as efficient
I should add there's a switch in our laundry which turns the electric boost on and off on the hot water. I have no idea how yours will work being gas. Maybe its all connected and does it automatically.
The YouTube vid on Chromagen sys, it’s super sophisticated - they just unplug the instantaneous directly at the outdoor socket lol

But it’s really promising to hear how well your solar HWS works Cat! Hoping ours will be as efficient too now.
umm dunno if I mentioned but we didn’t upgrade to solar. They just installed it 🤷‍♂️. If it breaks we’ll move to instantaneous in the future

shazaw
Do you have photo of appliances.

Oven, r/h, m/w and m/w trim kit

Oh my! How fancy is your stove top!! And PLEASE tell me your dishwasher stays blue!!!

Your kitchen and all the finishes you chose is really coming together
Haha unfortunately not. I thought the same thing when I first saw it. It’s just a blue protective film.

Oh wow you are really at the end, they put those in before handover i love your kitchen!!
You are getting very close to finishing and keys in your hand.
Have you started to pack?
New couch and dining table ready?

ehhc

I like all the knob are on the side, save space from the front and safer for children.

I have no idea what the ‘fish burner’ is going to be good for... other than maybe a roasting pan?

Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum