Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Manhattan 23 - Coral Homes (Week 18: Flooring, Carpet....)

Page 13 of 20
Congrats on the start Steph!!
This week our footings and piers are being done, next week is our drains and our slab is booked for pouring on 25th of January (seems like a long wait compared to other builds?)

We dropped in yesterday and took some update photos! We can see the positioning of our house now and it looks so much smaller than we were expecting
hopefully that changes when the walls go up!

It does feel small once the slab goes down - It honestly makes you wonder how everything is going to fit! But once the walls go up its fine.
allblaqk
It does feel small once the slab goes down - It honestly makes you wonder how everything is going to fit! But once the walls go up its fine.

Thanks that makes me feel a little better

StephLee
Thanks that makes me feel a little better

No problem
I was prepared because of reading homeone, so I actually didn't feel like our slab was small but my husband thought it was small. Now I walk through and think its massive!
That does seem a long time between scrape and pour... we might actually catch up to you now, and be building at the same time!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
YAY I bet it doesn't all feel real until that slab gets poured.

We have been warned from a few other people that just the slab makes the house look SO small, but like someone else said, once the walls goes up it looks a lot different

So damn exciting, i'm really looking forward to your build. We do our selections starting from next weekend, bit scary haha
Bridgetwitch
That does seem a long time between scrape and pour... we might actually catch up to you now, and be building at the same time!

- B

Yay, we can race each other

CC7
YAY I bet it doesn't all feel real until that slab gets poured.

We have been warned from a few other people that just the slab makes the house look SO small, but like someone else said, once the walls goes up it looks a lot different

So damn exciting, i'm really looking forward to your build. We do our selections starting from next weekend, bit scary haha

Yes! It totally hasn’t hit me yet.. that super exciting! Selections are scary but just do your research - if your going with Coral, you can make changes after the selection day until you sign the variation so that takes some pressure off
good luck with it! Can’t wait to see!

Exciting to see it’s all happening for you guys now! 🎉🎉😃
Drains were done on Thursday/Friday even though we were told next week

Does anyone know if we should be able to see outdoor taps at this stage? We can’t see them in the locations we were told they would be

No you won't see your external tap locations until your external walls are complete.
But they will be exactly where the elevations predict they will be.
Katty_cat
But they will be exactly where the elevations predict they will be.

Perfect, thank you

So exciting to see some progress happening... we still just have a block of weeds!

- B

Bridgetwitch
So exciting to see some progress happening... we still just have a block of weeds!

- B

You are going to catch up very quickly I’m sure

It be great to follow your house build along. Hopefully, I'm not too far away from a start.
Week 2: Nothing at all happened this week because slab has been pre-booked for end of next week
such a waste of a week!

StephLee
Week 2: Nothing at all happened this week because slab has been pre-booked for end of next week
such a waste of a week!

Coral are super quick though... our frame has been sitting untouched for a month because of the xmas break. They are only getting back to work from Monday... I know the feeling.

A lot of coral homes on here have started after ours, and a lot of them are close to lock up.. ! i'm hoping ours is done by June
Related
24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum