Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Build HGWA

Page 4 of 5
Madora Dreamer
jenza20
Imightbedave
Looks great! Your living area looks huge!

I thought it was so small when the slab was down and now with walls up it makes it look so much bigger!! haha

It looks massive, I've been having dreams that my house is going to be cavernous with only me in it! You must be so pleased with how well it is going.

Yep loving it! And it's just going to be me and my dog haha Lots of moonwalking and sliding around in my socks 😂
That is going to me too, with a different playlist blasting in every room in the house

And I'm locked out of my house 🙌 I have to take photos from the outside like a creeper now 😂

Entry door

Door to scullery from garage

Main bedroom has a door 😊

Linen/broom cupboard in laundry. Sliding glass door to be installed later 😊 I only have like 6 towels. I might need to buy some more linen & towels 😂
Any excuse to buy more stuff

That's an impressive linen closet!

Now you are at lockup you'll have to take windex to site to clean off your noseprints from the glass 😂

Swung by yesterday before work and managed to sneak in 👍 Also took a photo today of the more completed kitchen 😁

Double vanity in master bedroom

Master walk in robe

Powder room

Guest bathroom

Tile meeting scheduled for this Friday 😱🙌🎉
Hi Jenza,
We had our pre-start with HGWA yesterday and was wondering did you include mitred tiling?
We have built previously with Red Ink and we managed to pay the tiler cash directly to do mitred edges for us... HGWA are wanting to charge us over $500 for mitred edges
and we are wondering if its worth the risk not including it and then trying to see if the tiler will accept cash to do it??
jenza20
Swung by yesterday before work and managed to sneak in 👍 Also took a photo today of the more completed kitchen 😁

Wow I love that pantry cupboard! Can you please tell me if that's Laminex or Formica? The gloss looks amazing
[quote="jshaw88"]Hi Jenza,
We had our pre-start with HGWA yesterday and was wondering did you include mitred tiling?
We have built previously with Red Ink and we managed to pay the tiler cash directly to do mitred edges for us... HGWA are wanting to charge us over $500 for mitred edges
and we are wondering if its worth the risk not including it and then trying to see if the tiler will accept cash to do it??[/quote

HG's over and above charges like that are ridiculous! Our mitred cost were $1600
(and I still can't even look at how much it cost to use a different size tile lol) I wanted to offer tilers cash but I was scared to miss out on it. It's such a shame though, because I bet they don't see any of the extra
dee13
jshaw88
Hi Jenza,
and we are wondering if its worth the risk not including it and then trying to see if the tiler will accept cash to do it??[/quote

HG's over and above charges like that are ridiculous! Our mitred cost were $1600
(and I still can't even look at how much it cost to use a different size tile lol) I wanted to offer tilers cash but I was scared to miss out on it. It's such a shame though, because I bet they don't see any of the extra

Wow I thought my costing was bad... I just don't know how they justify the extra tile work!!! Yep, I'm so tempted to risk it but if I miss out I know how mad at myself I will be!!!!
jshaw88
dee13
jshaw88
Hi Jenza,

Wow I thought my costing was bad... I just don't know how they justify the extra tile work!!! Yep, I'm so tempted to risk it but if I miss out I know how mad at myself I will be!!!!

I'll ask on Friday. They'll probably would say no if my site supervisor is around. Mitred tiling looks great but my budget is fully stretched and in my mind, anything is better than my shoebox house atm 😂😂
Natasha
jenza20

Wow I love that pantry cupboard! Can you please tell me if that's Laminex or Formica? The gloss looks amazing

Hi Natasha 😊
It was part of HGWA standard inclusion range. This is what it was called.

Cabinetry looks amazing Jenza!! You must be stoked 😊😊

tdk14
Cabinetry looks amazing Jenza!! You must be stoked 😊😊

Sure am!! It's finally sinking in that I'm building a house 😂
jenza20

I'll ask on Friday. They'll probably would say no if my site supervisor is around. Mitred tiling looks great but my budget is fully stretched and in my mind, anything is better than my shoebox house atm 😂😂

That would be great... I'm just really curious to know if it can be done!

Good luck with your tile meeting
jshaw88
dee13
jshaw88
Hi Jenza,

I'll PM you 😊
Tile meeting today, guesstimation time for handover is roughly 10 weeks away. So excited but scared at the same time. Shiz is getting real!

Master double vanity

Laundry

Guest bathroom

Tiles tiles tiles!

Kitchen benchtop colour

I'm so sad, I got so excited about this built-in bin 😂

Feature tiles in the respective bathrooms. Left is guest, right in master.
That's awesome! Those 10 weeks will creep up quicker than you expect!

Looking great! You'll be in there before you know it (scary huh!)

First home builder - Brightwood Estate, Baldivis.
Celebration Homes. Follow my build here
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum