Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Better Built Homes Journey

Page 7 of 7
20 November 2017: Wow! Just Wow! We have now been in our house for a little over 1 week and it has been such a surreal experience. Waking up in a beautiful home after 17 months of living out of a suitcase is nothing short of amazing. We still have some things to get done such as landscaping and fencing, however we have the majority of things completed and we are living more than comfortably. In fact, we feel like we are on holiday!

You might think that this whole blog has been a paid advertisement for BBH. I can honestly say that is the furthest from the truth. We have had our share of problems and differences. However the difference is that BBH (Aaron in particular) listens and fixes problems as they arise. We always felt (and still feel) taken care of. I can honestly say, if you are looking for a builder, I cannot recommend Better Built Homes enough. They are truly awesome.

So what is a post without pics? My wife who is a photographer took some pics of our house today with some furniture in it. I hope that the pics convey our sense of joy in living in our dream house built by BBH. Let the pics roll!

We feel very very blessed. Again, our cup is full. Till next time everyone, Happy Building!
Gorgeous... just gorgeous!!!
Congratulations! Stunning...just stunning! thanks for sharing your journey...
chrinee
Gorgeous... just gorgeous!!!

Thanks so much chrinee for following and liking. It is very much appreciated.
erikaom
Congratulations! Stunning...just stunning! thanks for sharing your journey...

Thanks so much erikaom. It has been our pleasure to share our journey. Thanks for coming along!
Krusade25........Simply beautiful and awesome...............Thanks for sharing your dream journey

Our brick are going on..... SM advised that they will finish brick and roof and gutters before Christmas and will return in new year to continue

As its our first home we have missed few things initially, have requested few basic upgrades which we missed at the time of contract.
Thanks so much Annu. I can't wait to see your dream take shape over the course of the new year! Have a great Christmas and New Year!
28 November 2017: Today was a time of reminiscing. I look around at this dream that we are in and appreciate what we had for 14.5 years. Many happy memories. Our kids were born in our first house. We made changes and we honestly thought we would be there forever! When providential opportunities present themselves, sometimes you have to take that leap of faith. We feel blessed that we did just that. Here is a look at our beautiful first home. It is where we started and will forever be remembered fondly.

It is only when you look back that you appreciate what is before you! Till next time everyone, Happy Building!
Hi Krusade,
Many congratulations on the completion of your brand new house!

We have been following your construction journey over the last few months, specially as we have also decided to build with BBH. (Our land will be registered in Jan/Feb 2018, and we'll possibly start a new thread once construction starts by mid next year.)
Annu
Krusade25........Simply beautiful and awesome...............Thanks for sharing your dream journey

Our brick are going on..... SM advised that they will finish brick and roof and gutters before Christmas and will return in new year to continue

As its our first home we have missed few things initially, have requested few basic upgrades which we missed at the time of contract.

Hi Annu,
We are also planning to build with BBH. If you don't mind could you please share what things you missed initially, and had to add later as upgrades? It would immensely help us as we plan for our internals appointment (due in Feb 2018 ).

We liked the overall design of the house we are planning to build, and the overall reviews of BBH. But I must say we felt kind of let down by the flooring inclusions, and are thinking if we should pay them for a carpet upgrade, or remove the flooring altogether and get it done on our own. Keep thinking if it will be a hassle to get anything done to the house after the handover.

Thank you!
Congratulations on your beautiful new home. Can I ask what colour is your island bench?

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Vivek
Annu

Hi Annu,
We are also planning to build with BBH. If you don't mind could you please share what things you missed initially, and had to add later as upgrades? It would immensely help us as we plan for our internals appointment (due in Feb 2018 ).

We liked the overall design of the house we are planning to build, and the overall reviews of BBH. But I must say we felt kind of let down by the flooring inclusions, and are thinking if we should pay them for a carpet upgrade, or remove the flooring altogether and get it done on our own. Keep thinking if it will be a hassle to get anything done to the house after the handover.

Thank you!

Hi Vivek,

Glad to know that you are going with BBH, they are really better than the best...

We forget to add few more draws in the kitchen which we desperately needed (now we can't do it)
home theater insulation and extra points for projector etc
change two windows to awning instead of slid one.... it really compromises house look though it cost almost same.
study bench for kids
stairs lights
lights above kitchen bench specially LED ones just above cooking top
Also you can add down lights in alfresco area

We prefer to have commercial laminate upstairs and down stairs we are getting tiles done from outside.

You can prefer to upgrade carpets ............which seems to be good idea for me if you want carpet.

All the best for your home...........

Our roof and bricks are done and now getting this upgrades done.... it really cost you if you do it later and it same with all the builders.

Get it done earlier if you want to.

Annu
Congratulations Krusade, the house looks phenomenal.
We are finally recieved the construction commencement and should start constructing this Jan.
sparrowsnest
Congratulations on your beautiful new home. Can I ask what colour is your island bench?

Building our first custom dream home. https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Hi sparrowsnest.

So sorry for the late reply. Christmas is just a crazy time of the year. Our island is formica char blue velour on the bottom and caesarstone snow on the top.

Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

indu.singh0602
Congratulations Krusade, the house looks phenomenal.
We are finally recieved the construction commencement and should start constructing this Jan.

Thanks so much indu.singh0602. We are beyond over the moon with our final product.

Congratulations on your approval and commencement. Looking forward to seeing how it all takes shape in the new year. Have a great Christmas with your family.

krusade25
sparrowsnest

Hi sparrowsnest.

So sorry for the late reply. Christmas is just a crazy time of the year. Our island is formica char blue velour on the bottom and caesarstone snow on the top.

Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you and your family have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Thank you for replying. That’s actually the colour I have chosen but I’m really second guessing. It’s great to see it in a real kitchen.

Related
24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

7/06/2023
LMI or Saving? - Help, which is better?

General Discussion

brokers will also be in a position to get you a better rate than the advertised rate most times.

26/04/2024
Overhead cupboard door size in Kitchen – which is better

Kitchen Corner

Bigger the better for storage for me IMO. But I guess it's harder to tell the cost/benefit in your example - mainly the 'cost'? If you go 700mm, what are you doing extra…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum