Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

AllCastle Contract sign to commence build

Page 1 of 2
Anyone know the number of days AC allows for from contract signing till land ready for build. I am worry it will takes long time to get DA approval, hydraulic plan / design, storm water design, demo of existing house, inform the tenant to leave etc. as the tender put all this to owner 's responsibility.
once the contract is signed and the DA approvals and demolition is certified complete, there was 20 days for AH to start. That was us mid 2016 anyway.
I should give an update

soils survey done Dec 2016
Initial tender Feb 2017
External Colour April 2017
Contract signed paid 5% July 2017
CDC approved end Aug 2017
Bank loan approved Sept 2017
progressing with internal colour, electrical
Wow LevaneL

What is the 5 months gap for ?? You have 12 month fixed price ?

I thought they would require the 5% withing 60 days of the initial tender date ?

We just received ours and is wondering if there are room for them to give some discount ?
5 months for owner responsibility items : storm water design and other CDC require designs by owner.
when u ask questions need days to get response. ( tender clarifications, contract terms amendments, questions about the plan, correction to plan etc) when you added that in time will add up. Organising meetings also used up some time. Unless you are flexible as soon as they requested.
I don't think they will give discount once you signed and they pass it to office staff for the rest of the work. Sales guy use discount to get you commit to start the journey.
The price will increase after tender expired.
Thanks LevaneL

Do you think 5% discount on the house is possible ? Say $25k to $30k ?

So many things to consider in such a short amount of time is rather stressful.

yes, that will do around 27k bcoz some additional items you can decided later ( internal, carpet, electrical etc that will treat as variations , so the initial contract price of 5% is between 25k-30k depend your added options.)
I understand how u feel, I get used to it now. Initially whenever I asked a question it will result in more price add to the tender.
Pic is the standard toilet.
Thanks again

Man , that toilet looked so boring ...

I am getting my tender meeting with Clarendon this week. Be interesting to see what their offer and experience is like.
Oh, this is just give you a feeling about what need to upgrades.
I think if I insist on this toilet will they have it on stock. No doubt everyone will upgrade it.
Hahaha

Everything all adds up in the end really.

Curious what they will come back with this week for me.

Is your sales Julie ? We have Les
Mojitostan
Hahaha

I thought Les was a good guy.

Hey LevaneT. Good luck with the build. Here is one thing I just thought about the electricals. I had the home hub option. Ask them to wire with Cat6 cables and not Cat5, if you get your house wired. The did mine with Cat5, which is slower. I just use wifi or Ethernet over power. Does the job. But my movie steaming set up would have been better with cat6.

LevaneT

yes, that will do around 27k bcoz some additional items you can decided later ( internal, carpet, electrical etc that will treat as variations , so the initial contract price of 5% is between 25k-30k depend your added options.)
I understand how u feel, I get used to it now. Initially whenever I asked a question it will result in more price add to the tender.
Pic is the standard toilet.

I went with this toilet. Does the job.

Another thing I just thought of. There’s not enough space above powder room to install an ixl tastic heater/fan/light combo. I paid for a ducted outlet but my sparkle couldn’t fit it in.

Hi Onetonnesam, yes I also went with the hub option in the garage, no mention of cable types. Thank for reminding.
Color and electrical all done waiting for final construction plan, not yet start to build. No date yet and Xmas is coming.
onetonnesam
Mojitostan
Hahaha

I thought Les was a good guy.

Very nice and patience as not tech savvy.

We had two tender revisions and only settled on the third and final one after a month long negotiation. Waiting for plan presentation in three weeks time.

Can people share their external color selection process ? Did you upgrade terracotta tiles ?
LevaneT
Hi Onetonnesam, yes I also went with the hub option in the garage, no mention of cable types. Thank for reminding.
Color and electrical all done waiting for final construction plan, not yet start to build. No date yet and Xmas is coming.

Hi L

Can you share how much you spent on electrials ? I want to prep for the definite air con upgrade to allow more zone controls .

Also how much are downlights and double power points ?
I spent close to 10K, I only install the wire only for light ($69 each, 36 addition to tender 20 ) plan to put the downlight my self later.
There are 10 downlight come with the package. Power point come to 15 additional and some external wall.
wrong power points should be 30 additional. This can use for power over ethernet or wi fi speakers.

My electrical plan to share
LevaneT

My electrical plan to share

Thanks levaneT

Now i don’t need to plan it in my head all the time
Related
15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

25/04/2024
AllCastle Cashback offer 2023

Building A New House

Was the offer also on their website? If so, you could check the Wayback Machine.

29/01/2024
Sign off approval required before verandah built

General Discussion

Depends on size, local regulations etc. Ask your Council.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum