Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

RE: Adenbrook Homes Ballina - Bricks Near Completion!

Page 3 of 4
Sorry this does not really make sense to me. Probably something you should take up with your conveyancer/solicitor that managed the paperwork for the sale. There would have been maps of the streets, lots etc that would have corresponded to what you were buying
Thankfully, it made perfect sense to the real estate agent and my conveyancer/solicitor. The REA has accepted culpability for the confusion and everything has been worked out. We’ve ended up with an arguably better piece of land in the process and a sincere apology for the mix-up.
Great to hear you sorted it out.

I hope the REA gets more than a slap on the wrist for what he has done.🤥
HENRY
Great to hear you sorted it out.

I hope the REA gets more than a slap on the wrist for what he has done.🤥

He probably won't, but... there's only so much you can do without diving into full blown litigation, and I don't have the energy for that. I also have a fair bit of empathy for his circumstances, so I'll take it as a learning experience and move on. You can't change the past, after all!

The contour test and soil test have come back, and now everything is with the draftsperson. We will get a contract in the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed!
Here's hoping your contract comes back super fast, with everything included and correct!

Cheers
HENRY
Here's hoping your contract comes back super fast, with everything included and correct!

Cheers

Thanks, Henry. We have our fingers crossed that the contract phase will be free of negative surprises and lots of accurate information!
Hey everyone,

Our tender is here! No nasty surprises really, besides $16500 worth of retaining walls, due to a deceptive contour fall. We’ve made a few additions to the standard design, including:

· Small garage windows – Perfect for air circulation.
· Vinyl flooring in the main areas instead of tiles.
· Sliding doors to the rumpus area to create a quiet, chill-out zone.
· A sliding door to the walk-in pantry – we have a cat. Like all cats, she loves food.
· Concrete paths to the sides of the house and an aggregate concrete alfresco area.
· Sound proofing between bedrooms 2 & 3, and between the family room and master bedroom.
· Air-conditioning to family and master.
· Essa stone benchtop to the kitchen.
· Double bowl undermount sink
· Overhead kitchen and laundry cupboards
· Rain shower in ensuite
· Colourbond Roof
· A wide aggregate concrete driveway
· Turf to the front yard

We’re really looking forward to the contract and colour room selections. Hopefully things will progress quickly now!
Hey everybody,

Colour and electrical appointment completed!

My other half trusted me to do it all alone, after a few in-depth conversations – he was extremely happy with my choices and the way I spent our $5000 colour room voucher.

The Results:

*Colour room Upgrades
**Contract Upgrades
Anything unmarked is standard to Adenbrook Homes

Outside/Exterior

Colorbond Roof** and Gutter: Monument
Fascia: Monument
Garage Door: DecoWood Garage Door in Western Red Cedar (Flatline panel style)*
Bricks: PGH Hotham
Window and Door frames: Champagne
Watertank: Colorbond Paperbark
Front Door: Corinthian Doors Infinity 6G** /with obscured glass*
Front Door Furniture: Gainsborough Trilock Contemporary Angular Bright Chrome**
Back and Laundry Doors: Corinthian Doors Flush Panel
Back Door Furniture: Gainsborough Tristan
Interior

Floors, Walls & Doors

Vinyl Floor to Common Areas:
Honey Oak
Carpet to Master and Rumpus: Saratoga Shadow*
Carpet to Bedroom 2&3: Promenade Winter
Sliding Doors to Rumpus: Corinthian Deco 6S*
Internal Doors: Corinthian Deco 3S*
Door Furniture: Gainsborough Laurent
Wall Paint: Dulux Ghosting Quarter
Roof Paint: White on White

Bathrooms
Ensuite Bathroom (Floor Tiles): Belga Grey Glazed Textured
Ensuite Bathroom (Wall Tiles): Siderun Shale Bark Gloss
Bathroom (Floor Tiles): Belga Taupe Glazed Textured
Bathroom (Wall Tiles): Siderun Shale Bark Gloss
Ensuite and Bathroom Benchtops: Laminex Antarctic Stone
Ensuite and Bathroom Cabinetry: Laminex Impressions Parchment (Nuance Finish)
Tapwear: Cadet Stylus Pin Mixer
Ensuite Basins: Caroma Carboni II Above Counter Basin*
Bathroom Basin: Caroma Carboni II Inset Basin*
Main Bathroom Shower Head: Irwell Invigra Shower on Rail
Ensuite Shower Heads: Irwell Invigra Shower on Rail and Caroma Quatro Rain Shower** with loop diverter
Bath: Caroma Newbury Island

Laundry

Laundry Floor Tile: Belga Taupe Glazed Textured
Laundry Wall Tile: Siderun Shale Bark Gloss
Laundry Benchtops: Laminex Jordan Stone (Spark Finish)
Laundry Cabinetry: Laminex Ash White Natural Finish
Tapwear: Stylus Cadet Pin Mixer
Trough: 45m Radiant Stainless Trough

Kitchen

Benchtop: Essa Stone 20mm Nickel Gloss**
Cabinetry: Laminex Ash White Natural Finish
Splashback Tiles: United Pumice Gloss
Splashback Grouting: Mid-Grey
Tapwear: Stylus Goose Neck Pin Mixer*
Oven: Westinghouse WVE613S
Cooktop: Westinghouse WHG642SA
Rangehood: Westinghouse WRF900CS
Handless Drawers and cupboards*
**Soft close runners for kitchen drawers
** Microwave tower in lieu of the standard base cupboards, including two pot drawers, open shelf with DPP, Microwave space with SPP and cupboards above.
**Overhead cupboards to the refrigerator space
Clark Monaco Double Bowl Undermount Sink
**Westinghouse WMB2802SA microwave

Electrical Appointments Notes

Beautiful selections Goodone. I love the scandi look 💕
Thanks! I love it too
I can't wait to watch it take shape.
Building loan approved!
Yay congrats 🥂🎉🎉

I am hoping council doesn't take their sweet time in approving our plans. I'm not loving our chances this close to Christmas though.
Your plans look great! I love your layout! We are submitting to tweed council right now too. I’m expecting not to start build til atleast late jan or feb. that view of mount warning is priceless! 😄
GoodeOne

I am hoping council doesn't take their sweet time in approving our plans. I'm not loving our chances this close to Christmas though.

Hi love your plans. Anymore updates? Were about to go to tender with adenbrook ourselves so far the process has been great but so so soooo nervous about the road ahead
Hey folks,

It’s been a while since I’ve updated this thread, so here’s a brief rundown on what’s been happening. Following our November submission to council, a few changes – expensive changes – were ordered by whomever looked over the plans. The builder was surprised on our behalf and managed to talk them around some of the more unreasonable requests.

Our home is now drop edged beamed on both sides, in addition to the ordered retaining walls (these have become a little smaller). We’re also required to build stairs from the laundry to the ground due to the drop created by the drop edge beam. Thankfully, my brother is a carpenter.

Council have only recently approved our plans, giving them the green tick on Feb 26. We’re just waiting on the bank commencement letter. The builder has given us a projected start date of April 1.

Despite the hassle caused by the council, I can’t fault the builder. They’ve been super communicative and helpful the whole way through so far. Fingers crossed for smooth process ahead.
Ssdreamhome
GoodeOne

Hi love your plans. Anymore updates? Were about to go to tender with adenbrook ourselves so far the process has been great but so so soooo nervous about the road ahead

How did your tender go? Don't be nervous. but bring a load of patience along. Council can delay things considerably.
mj-mac4
Your plans look great! I love your layout! We are submitting to tweed council right now too. I’m expecting not to start build til atleast late jan or feb. that view of mount warning is priceless! 😄

Any updates on your build? Or are you experiencing similar problems with council?

Final plans
We have a solid start date! April 9th, providing the weather behaves itself
So excited.
Related
24/03/2024
Building Near Train Track - Additional Cost for Acoustics

Building A New House

Our standard double-glazed window is tested to achieve, Rw 34, and can be glazed to suit Rw 39. The price is good too...

24/11/2023
late completion penalty

Building A New House

Like I said the Occupancy Certificate is not the tollgate that marks the completion of the house. The contract defines…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum