Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Custom Hamptons Inspired Home - We are in!!!

Page 5 of 40
Hillsbuilds
Hey Magavin, have you a thread I can follow?

Hi hillsbuilds. Nah no thread myself. I've been lurking for a long time and near the end of my build now. I wish I had now though instead of hijacking others haha

Love your list of upgrades! They will look amazing ☺

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

Magavin
Dani_J
While we are still talking kitchens, here are our appliance choices. It came down to either F&P or Bosch. After lots of trips to the Good Guys, felt F&P had the nicer, better value range and seems easier to use. Just hope the black ceramic does not clash too much with the white cabinets!!

We are having two ovens in a wall tower so we can cook multiple things at once. Decided in the end to forego a pyrolytic oven as could not justify the expense for self cleaning when I only clean my oven like once a year, if that!!!
Just was important to me that had several functions and a digital display so can get a precise temperature.

Took ages to decide on appliances as well. Product Review website is not much help as just seems to be mostly ppl with bad experiences and negative reviews regardless of the product. Also signed up to Choice reviews which were marginally more helpful as at least independent. Used this mostly to decide on the dishwasher and we stuck with Bosch in the end.

Other kitchen choices include:
- Undermount sinks to island bench (double) and galley (single)
- 6 x pot drawers
- Pull out bin drawer

I chose F & P too! It came down to the top of the range 9 function 90L oven or the base price 11 function pyrolytic 85L and I ended up choosing the pyrolytic. I second guessed myself as soon as I locked it in!!!! Oh well it's done now. I'm sure anything will be better than the upright chef ovens I've only ever experienced while renting. I'll probably burn everything to begin with
I also worried about the black and white but I'm sure it won't matter and I think at night the lights from the oven touch screen buttons will look fancy. Are you integrating the rangehood into some dummy cupboards?? We have. With glass overheads either side. Fingers crossed it will look good. After seeing the carcasses up Im kind of thinking I should have chose the 900mm instead of the 600mm as the glass cabinets seem like they are going to be a lot bigger than the rangehood cabinets. Im the worst at second guessing my decisions!!!

I just checked and the oven we are getting is also the 9 function 90L. Had to google the product code as could not remember! You can't go wrong with the 11 function one pyrolytic one though. We've got a basic Technika one at the moment, so I know what you mean. Anything we choose is going to be a big step up!

As for the black on white, here's an example. Looks ok to me.

We don't have overhead cabinets so it's just a canopy rangehood for us. If we had overheads, we would definitely have gone Integrated as well. What is the size of your cabinets either size? Trying to picture it...
. Is your cooktop 600mm or 900mm?

Magavin
Hillsbuilds

Hi hillsbuilds. Nah no thread myself. I've been lurking for a long time and near the end of my build now. I wish I had now though instead of hijacking others haha

You could always share some pics on here so we can all drool over them!
. Feel free to hijack my thread for a while. Don't mind at all as always great to see what others are doing!

Dani_J
Magavin
Hillsbuilds

. Feel free to hijack my thread for a while. Don't mind at all as always great to see what others are doing!

I know right? We just want pics!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thankyou! Ok I'll try to post some this week sometime once the stone goes in. I'll be busting at the seams to show someone I'm sure. Its nothing grand but it's going to be ours and I can't wait!!
Magavin

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thankyou! Ok I'll try to post some this week sometime once the stone goes in. I'll be busting at the seams to show someone I'm sure. Its nothing grand but it's going to be ours and I can't wait!![/quote]

Yay! Looking forward to seeing them!
Wow your story is familiar. We found our dream block 2 years ago next month. New up and coming suburb with blocks 2000m2 and up. Our block backs onto a lovely river with a retirement village on the other side. It is at the end of a culdesac and we only have one neighbor and a big field on the other side. We paid a deposit and had to wait 15 months for registration which was in July last year. We have literally been working with our architect for 14 months and only now, literally today have we finally decided on a plan that we are absolutely in love with. We came in over budget twice and had to cut back 60m2 but I am so happy and feel such a weight lifted off my shoulders today. We have also gone for a modern Hamptons look and it has been so hard to get that across to the architect! He kept drawing skillion roof lines and such modern ideas, luckily we were moved onto his associate and we just clicked with her instantly. I love all of your ideas so far, especially the kitchen pallet, it is stunning. I will be following on for much inspiration over the next year, its so exciting. I'll attach some pics if I ever work out how
StephK
Wow your story is familiar. We found our dream block 2 years ago next month. New up and coming suburb with blocks 2000m2 and up. Our block backs onto a lovely river with a retirement village on the other side. It is at the end of a culdesac and we only have one neighbor and a big field on the other side. We paid a deposit and had to wait 15 months for registration which was in July last year. We have literally been working with our architect for 14 months and only now, literally today have we finally decided on a plan that we are absolutely in love with. We came in over budget twice and had to cut back 60m2 but I am so happy and feel such a weight lifted off my shoulders today. We have also gone for a modern Hamptons look and it has been so hard to get that across to the architect! He kept drawing skillion roof lines and such modern ideas, luckily we were moved onto his associate and we just clicked with her instantly. I love all of your ideas so far, especially the kitchen pallet, it is stunning. I will be following on for much inspiration over the next year, its so exciting. I'll attach some pics if I ever work out how

Thanks Steph. Your block sounds amazing! Getting the location right is so important and definitely worth the wait. No point building your dream home in a so-so area that you're not going to be happy living in in a few years' time!

Going custom definitely requires a lot of patience, backwards and forwards. I didn't realise how much either, and at times it has been very frustrating. But I'd rather have the time to consider things properly and the wider range of choices that you don't get with a volume builder.

Yes please do share any pics you have for all us Hamptons tragics!

Here are the 3D designs from the architect, its all we have to go off atm. Does anyone know of a really good website/program where you can add colour to things like this? Its hard to get a really good feel for it from a tiny picture. I would love real, honest feedback though, i feel like family and friends aren't going to be 100% honest but so far all opinions are positive. It's just such a different look then all of our neighbors houses its very daunting.

Thank you for letting my hi-jack your thread, it's so nice to talk to like minded people
I think it's beautiful, love the gables! What colours are you thinking of? Surf mist colorbond roof?

The only thing I can think of (and purely just for something to suggest, feel free to ignore!) you could change the garage door to one that has a row of little windows at the top iykwim? May just visually break up that section a bit rather than just and expanse of roof and door?

The detail in the gables and around the big window is lovely ❤️

Oh also I know what you mean by having a different look from all the other houses around. Where we will be building, the whole area is full of houses from the 80s and newer builds that are fully rendered brick!

Oh haha, no great suggestion actually! I meant to write in my post that the garage door has changed to a Hampton's style door and does have the row of windows at the top, I just love the look!

We haven't gotten to colors yet. We want to use Scyon linea weatherboards & I love Dulux's Spanish Olive color at the moment which goes very nicely with colorbonds basalt or shale grey and white trim. Everything is bound to change 100 times between now and the actual build though
lol, great minds!

Wow! Looks great Steph. I second Hillsbuilds; love all the gables also! Wish we could have had more but our developer would not allow it.

Spanish Olive is a lovely colour as well. Get in touch with New Home Visuals to add some colour for you. For a very small price you can just send them your 3D images and colour choices and they will mock it up for you. Plus you get two free revisions if you change your mind. Found it really worthwhile to help visualise.

http://newhomevisuals.com

StephK
Here are the 3D designs from the architect, its all we have to go off atm. Does anyone know of a really good website/program where you can add colour to things like this? Its hard to get a really good feel for it from a tiny picture. I would love real, honest feedback though, i feel like family and friends aren't going to be 100% honest but so far all opinions are positive. It's just such a different look then all of our neighbors houses its very daunting.

Thank you for letting my hi-jack your thread, it's so nice to talk to like minded people

Looks amazing!!! Love the gables. In our area we had to build brick. Waaah! I love the weatherboard look. We did add our American Hamptons twist on it though by doing a gabled porch with stone cladding.

Nice magavin! That exposed beam is luscious. Is the stacked stone a chimney? The natural timber goes so well with the colour of the stone.

Hillsbuilds
Nice magavin! That exposed beam is luscious. Is the stacked stone a chimney? The natural timber goes so well with the colour of the stone.

Thanks Hillsbuilds! The stone is just a feature pier. Something a little special to stand out from the crowd. I had originally planned to do all the trims white but after seeing the timber it seemed a real shame to paint over it. Then when the stone went on there was no question it was staying timber ❤️

Lovely stacked stone Magavin. What a beautiful feature!

Our 37sq Custom Hamptons Inspired Home:
[url]view topic.php?f=31&t=86931[/url]
Hey guys, finally got my pics together and would like to share our bathroom choices. Might also need some advice again so thank you in advance!

After trawling Pinterest for beautiful Hamptons style bathrooms, I was drawn to examples with non white cabinets and thought it would be nice to have a point of difference between the cabinetry in the main wet areas and the white cabinets in the kitchen.

OUR BATHROOM INSPO:

I also love traditional subway tiles and was drawn to images with walls tiles half way. I do love a fully tiled bathroom though and was warned off going half height tiling by an interior decorator who reckons it's outdated! But I'm still thinking of going half height nonetheless.

Especially love the pic below with its darker walls. Really contrasts with the white subway tiles.

Our 37sq Custom Hamptons Inspired Home:
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86931
Related
27/09/2023
Custom home builder in north east Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi, can anyone recommend a custom home builder who can build in north east area? Looking to build a custom 4-br energy-efficient home with a max budget of 750k. If they…

1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum