Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Drainage easement and swimming pool

Page 1 of 1

Hi guys, can anyone help me with guidelines for building pool in backyard close to rainwater drainage easement? What are restrictions? Can i build deck over the easement area? How close can I build the pool?
Many thanks in advance
http://anewhouse.com.au/2012/01/easements/

Anything on the easement will need to be removed and reinstated at your expense if a utility needs access to work.

I'm contemplating putting a deck over part of mine but the design will take this into account and essentially be removable assemblies sitting on footings that can be removed and reinstated with little trouble.

With respect to the location of the pool, you will need to get an engineering report or design to ensure that any removal of soil within the easement won't affect the pool. I had to get piers done on my lot because the rear of my house was fairly close to the easement.
pauldab
http://anewhouse.com.au/2012/01/easements/

Anything on the easement will need to be removed and reinstated at your expense if a utility needs access to work.

I'm contemplating putting a deck over part of mine but the design will take this into account and essentially be removable assemblies sitting on footings that can be removed and reinstated with little trouble.

With respect to the location of the pool, you will need to get an engineering report or design to ensure that any removal of soil within the easement won't affect the pool. I had to get piers done on my lot because the rear of my house was fairly close to the easement.

Thanks Pauldab. Where how you building? I guess it will delay / cause issues for DA approval as well as pool building approval. right?
faykis
Thanks Pauldab. Where how you building? I guess it will delay / cause issues for DA approval as well as pool building approval. right?

I'm building in Melbourne so don't know the intricacies of challenges faced where you are. (I guess you're from NSW).
Related
31/01/2024
Is swimming pool cost effective to add value to new build?

Building A New House

The last home I lived in didn't have a pool and when i went to sell it the agents were not happy, even telling me to put one in to sell the place. The agents weren't happy…

19/08/2023
Easement and building garage to boundary

Renovation + Home Improvement

You should be able to encase the sewer but you will need it designed and approved and access to lot 580 to do the work

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum