Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

HIA Contract - Is there a time limit?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I received my HIA contract at the end of January and haven't signed it yet as I am waiting for approval from a lender (it's taking longer than I had hoped).

They aren't really chasing me on it and all seems fine. I have paid an initial deposit (1500 or something) but nothing since then. I hope to sign in the next week or so, but was wondering if there's a chance they will come back and say the price has changed. I don't think they will and they haven't been chasing me to do anything - just wanted to make sure.

Can't find in the contract anything that states when I need to sign it by. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Have a look at your tender document for us when we were looking at building with a big project builder the tender had a deadline date to start the build process and there was a clause in it that said the price would increase every month after that date

Related
3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

1/05/2023
preliminary agreement deposit limit in NSW

Building A New House

In NSW the maximum deposit for building work is 5% until the builder provides HBCF insurance

24/01/2024
HIA HOME CONTRACT

General Discussion

Would love to know who your builder is?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum