Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Avenues Land Release at Austral NSW 2179

Page 1 of 5
Hi everyone,

My partner and I have recently purchased vacant land at The Avenues, 60-70A Seventh Avenue, Austral NSW 2179.

We will be building our first home and would love to hear from future neighbours who have also purchased vacant land or a house and land package at The Avenues.

Please share your experiences, questions and comments about the buying process, home designs, home builders, and everything in between!

It will also be great to see updates here on the development when construction is underway.

Currently, Stage 2A land releases are for sale, and more information about The Avenues can be found at the following links:

- The Avenues website: http://theavenuesaustral.com.au/
- Realestate.com.au listing: http://www.realestate.com.au/property-r ... -201609730
- Urban Property Agents website: http://www.upas.com.au/3210116/

Looking forward to hearing from others!

- A and M Home
Hello, good to run into a forum thats been created for The Avenues at Austral!
My wife and I have bought land in the first release back in September so we have been kept up to date with all the progresses of the approval process for the commencement of site works, which is good and all progressing with councils so far.
The 93 lot subdivision plan was lodged with Liverpool Council back in October 2016 and since then the Stormwater management report, environmental and waste, contamination and Transgrid all are completed. The initial DA was then lodged on the 24th October.
As from the 24th March the developer has complied with all council requests and sent back the flood assessment impact report for council to assess now.
The company who is in charge of the reports and assessments is Craig & Rhodes reporting back to council and the property developer for "The Avenues Austral" and responsible for the works on site is Newquest Properties Pty Ltd.

So in the coming 3-4 weeks we should have updates again on if council is satisfied or they still want more information on anything prior to the DA approval for sub development of the 2 lots into 4 lots then into the 93 blocks of land.
Let me know if anyone is interested in any of the reports at all.

Hope to hear from more people that are going to be building in The Avenues at Austral and we form a great community and share our building experiences as we jounrey down that path - Some for the first time and others like me for the 2nd or 3rd time!

We are all in for a ride of ups and downs throughout the development and building process!

From
David and Allison!
Hello Guys,

We are also in the process of purchasing a vacant land in the Avenue at Austral.
We noticed there are some vendor protection clauses in the contract to protect vendor from exiting the contract with a notice letter in case they do not complete land acquisition or DA approval by the end of next year.
Do you guys have the same clause and have you managed to nogotiate some better clause with the vendor solicitor?

Thank you very much.
Hello, nice to hear of more people building in "The Avenues" Austral!
There is no point trying to argue the clause. It is a standard clause and Its not uncommon and i'm sure your solicitor would have seen it may a time before. It is becoming more common in areas like Austral, Leppington and any areas especially within the South West growth plan. Box hill, Kellyville, Marsden Park and even in some part of The Ponds this clause have been used by large multi billion dollar developers such as Australand / Frasers group. Reason being is that developers are able to purchase land on the proviso that the current owners can remain living in the current home and the work or DA approval is commenced around the existing residential dwelling remaining part of the future development or the builder is to supply a new home to the current land owner. All other structures outside the allotted zone for the current owners who want to remain there are demolished/removed. However, the clause is mainly because the DA is usually requested prior to the actual purchase of the land from the existing owners. The developer basically approaches any interested seller or land they see as a possibility for their development and applies to council for DA and starts spending money on seeking DA approval and completes all the necessary paperwork, pre purchase checks, provision access/easements for electricity, water, sewerage etc.. BEFORE they have purchased the land.
We do get back our deposit if all else fails ( plus any accumulated interest on the deposit amount held) .. I know it doesn't help up us if we are waiting/counting on the block, but it very very rarely falls through. Investors usually don't care, but home owners want that little bit more certainty.
End of the day, the vendor is counting on the sale as they have already spent money ensuring the land is theirs with the DA lodgement and all inspections and plans for council already done. We probably only have about 2-3 months max left until the DA is approved and from all documentation that has been supplied to council thus far, it's only a few months off obtaining the DA approval. Once the DA approval is in writing, 50% of that clause is then fulfilled and it is then up to the land acquisition/purchase from the current land owners. If they decline for reasons outside of the contract they have with the developer, it will cost them big time so it won't be an issue from the acquisition side of things. The seller could only delay the commencement of works if they are required to clear out any of their possessions from the land and they take longer or need longer to do so. But again they have been issued timelines and would have already signed accepting these terms.

Bottom line, the developer won't proceed with the purchase if it's going to cost them more than it's worth to them. so they are ensuring this by the clauses in place.

Sorry for the long explanation but we have done this before.
We have just put our deposit on our land at The Avenue.

Thank you very much David.
What do you guys think of the sales and the land developer solicitor?
We put our deposit and land exchange request 2 days ago but there is no response and no one pick up the phone for either the sales person or the land developer socilitor.
The original Sales commenced through UPAS, after stage 1 was sold, the onsite sales office ( which is not open every day) was established.
Your solicitor will generally receive all correspondence via registered post. Deposits need to be recorded and a copy of the original bank cheque (assuming your 10% deposit your talking about) you would have the stub for your records. Just keep that for now. Im also assuming your not just talking about the $1000 holding deposit here. Usual practice is give the solicitor 5 working days to respond. Just as you have needed to make time to sign your part of the contract, both parties need to do this prior to the solicitor responding.
Thank you very much David
Hi guys,

I just received an email from the sales agent and it looks like Stage 4a at 80 Seventh Avenue will be released to the public in 1 weeks' time.

The release includes 16 residential lots ranging from 338sqm – 341sqm with a starting price of $439,400.

Construction for Stage 4 will commence in early 2018.

My partner and I purchased our lot in the Stage 1a release, so I'm really excited to know that construction should be underway soon! Has anyone got any updates on the DA and any idea of when construction will start?

Also, Homeworld at Leppington will be opening later this year, so it'll be great to see some new display homes. Has anyone got a particular builder and home design in mind for their lot?

- A & M Home
Hello All,
It looks like the DA for subdivision is in process. Are we still expecting the development completed in July 2018 for stage 1 and 2?
Deciding whether to buy or not. Contract does not provide a registration date but was told early 2019.

The contract states:

The sunset date is 31 December 2020.
- Special condition 33.1, the vendor has not completed the acquisition of land related to this sale, In the event the Vendor is unable to complete this purchase on or by 31 December 2018, the Vendor can rescind the contract.
- Special condition 34, the Vendor has not obtained Development Approval, In the event, the DA is not obtained by 30 June 2019, the Vendor can rescind the contract.
Who is the developer? I found the DA applicant is Austral Nominee No 1 Pty Ltd and they have been operating for 705 days.
Hi everyone,

I recently contacted the sales agent and was told that registration is on track for mid 2018 for Stage 1 and that remedial works are in progress.

I'm guessing that the early 2019 registration date is for Stage 4A and 4B lots which are currently for sale.

The developer is Ramsay Property Group: http://www.ramsayproperty.com.au/reside ... e-avenues/.
Hi guys, any progress update you guys received for the project?
Thank you very much.
Hi Kim,

No update as yet, however I frequently check the DA on the Liverpool Council website: https://eplanning.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/ ... ?id=346400. Hope this helps!

Also, it looks like quite a few lots in Stage 4B have now sold.

My partner and I visited Austral on the weekend and some of the other developments such as Eadenwoods on Kelly Street now have houses starting to be built!

2018 will be a very exciting year once development in The Avenues is underway and we can hopefully commence building!
Hi Kim,

No update as yet, however I frequently check the DA on the Liverpool Council website: https://eplanning.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/ ... ?id=346400. Hope this helps!

Also, it looks like quite a few lots in Stage 4B have now sold.

My partner and I visited Austral on the weekend and some of the other developments such as Eadenwoods on Kelly Street now have houses starting to be built!

2018 will be a very exciting year once development in The Avenues is underway and we can hopefully commence building!
Thank you very much for the update. much appreciated.
Happy new year.

Great to hear from future neighbours.

My partner and I purchased a lot few months back, land registration expected late 2018.
Hi guys, any progress update you guys received for the project?
Thank you very much.
Hi Kim,

My partner and I drove past a few weeks ago and saw that the house on the property has been taken down. Other than that, I haven’t seen or been advised of any progress.

Mel
Related
12/02/2024
Can my land in Bexley NSW be built a duplex ?

General Discussion

Just to clarify, I'm not a builder I've read my own council's LEP numerous times and worked with an architect to understand my own lot size and problems.

1/05/2023
preliminary agreement deposit limit in NSW

Building A New House

In NSW the maximum deposit for building work is 5% until the builder provides HBCF insurance

30/05/2023
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

Hi All, see above image. The required setback from the rear boundary in my case is 5m, as you can see the shape of the site and location of the boundary is slightly…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum