Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Marcoola 32 NSW Mid North Coast

Page 5 of 5
that is disappointing but don’t lose heart as they can catch up really quick with the next few things and at least your slab has cured & is super strong

WEEK 13: don't think I could be more annoyed at this point. Nearly 14 weeks in and this is where we are at. I'll be calling Coral head office to complain.....not to mention our framing has been open to all the rain we've been getting and sarking is falling off all over from the multiple storms.

Oh no
Our entire build was 14 weeks, including the 2 weeks after PCI. I hope you get progress soon!
Yep!!!! Im super angry
Sarah13
Yep!!!! Im super angry

I don't blame you. They are so inconsistent! We have had 2 flawless and fast builds with Coral. They seem to be all or nothing. No in-between. Not sure I would risk it a third time lol
Sarah13
WEEK 13: don't think I could be more annoyed at this point. Nearly 14 weeks in and this is where we are at. I'll be calling Coral head office to complain.....not to mention our framing has been open to all the rain we've been getting and sarking is falling off all over from the multiple storms.

Wow that's just ridiculous and so slow not even close to lock up which should be done by at least 8-10 weeks max! The amount of times we complained to them they are useless I hope you get some progress but if your in nsw and close to the coast don't hold your breath.
Our roof is finally finished!!! Was so excited today aswell with our bricks being delivered....only to discover they delivered the wrong brick 😣😣😣😣😣

about bricks but your roof looks awesome!how bigs the portico

Yay! Lovely roof

Hows your build going?

Coral - Marcoola 32
[quote="kikihome"]Hows your build going?

Slowly....lol. bricks have started thankfully. Hoping they'll be done by the end of this upcoming week. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for checking in kikihome, how are things with your build? I'll pop on now and have a peep.

Yaay for bricks looking great

Yahoo! Bricks are looking great! Im sure they wont take long to finish and it will then start to look like a real house! Glad youre seeing progress!

Coral - Marcoola 32
Lovely big portico!! Hopefully things speed up for you

Thought I'd do a bit of an update. We are now in week 21 and have just had all gyprocking and setting done (skirting still to be done). Kitchen, bathroom, ensuite and laundry cabinets went in today. Handles will be changed to matte black (coral wouldn't do that for us😤). Have had a few little hiccups along the way. Hopefully they can get a move along now. It is a big job since the house is 355m2!

Yayyy! Lots of progress and its looking beautiful!

Looks great

We have just had the state manager from Queensland come down to look at our house after we discovered we have big issues with our bricks (and so many others along the way) The bricklayers have used different mortar gauges over the entire house. The major problem is on our back patio where we have 50 mil gaps above windows, they are going to have to redo the whole patio and are now suggesting that we render the whole house. Does anyone know where we stand in terms of compensation or accessing insurance for this type of problem? We didn't want our house rendered!!!! Inside is really starting to come together, there are few things they still need to fix up but looking good. if only they would pull their finger out! We are nearly at 8 months now since start of build and now over contract.

Sarah13
WEEK 13: don't think I could be more annoyed at this point. Nearly 14 weeks in I would like to ask you about garare level and ground level, are they same level?

Related
19/12/2023
Changing building certifiers mid-build

General Discussion

Hi all, I've received the unwelcome news that our certifier (BCA Certifiers) has merged into the McKenzie Group. A quick Google revealed McKenzie is the mob that…

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum