Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Marcoola 32 NSW Mid North Coast

Page 3 of 5
Thanks for that! Those 2 are very similar. its funny because depending on the light they can change colour so much. We have some addresses to go look at some houses done with Smokey Grey because Im leaning more towards it.
Tile choices look fantastic! We were down to Moondust, smokey grey & stone. Loved moondust as more grey but only coloured on surface so we were worried if they chip as orange underneath. Smokey grey & stone very similar but smokey is rougher (more textured) stone smoother I wouldn't call either of them grey though. Still having second thought about our decision as we are rendering front but figure can tie it all together with a mixed stacked stone on our pillars later on hopefully

BrownDog77
Tile choices look fantastic! We were down to Moondust, smokey grey & stone. Loved moondust as more grey but only coloured on surface so we were worried if they chip as orange underneath. Smokey grey & stone very similar but smokey is rougher (more textured) stone smoother I wouldn't call either of them grey though. Still having second thought about our decision as we are rendering front but figure can tie it all together with a mixed stacked stone on our pillars later on hopefully

Hi Browndog! Hmm you've given me something to ponder now with Stone. I think what is throwing me about Smokey Grey is the texture so Stone might be a good option. We are heading back to PGH to have another look and do a driveby on a few houses with those bricks. Such a big decision!!! What did you end up choosing?
Sarah13
BrownDog77

Hi Browndog! Hmm you've given me something to ponder now with Stone. I think what is throwing me about Smokey Grey is the texture so Stone might be a good option. We are heading back to PGH to have another look and do a driveby on a few houses with those bricks. Such a big decision!!! What did you end up choosing?

Sorry it's so hard isn't it? We chose stone. Check out Coral lakes thread she has stone too
good luck

Kitchen pendant lights x 3?

Over the dining table pendant lights

Fans

Curtains (not in this colour)

Love your lights and the fan
wish I could squeeze them into budget
sheers will look lovely too

BrownDog77

Thanks! My husband might have a heartattack but it's our first home so I want make it awesome! I'm going crazy with ideas....just want to get started. Waiting on certifier.
Sarah13
BrownDog77

Thanks! My husband might have a heartattack but it's our first home so I want make it awesome! I'm going crazy with ideas....just want to get started. Waiting on certifier.
This is our first home too, I am the same so many ideas. We too are waiting for certifier I am hoping mid week to have it all back.

Have just found out we can't go through certifier due to fill exceeding 1metre? And due to a tree protection order on the site!! First Ive heard about the trees. I think they think we havent had the trees removed on site?? Anywho council it is. They are hoping to lodge on Wednesday then it will be a 4-6 week wait (I'm thinking yeah right more like 10 weeks hahaha).
How can I tell in my plans if we have the cutouts in the wall of the showers for holding soap/shampoo etc?
Sarah13
How can I tell in my plans if we have the cutouts in the wall of the showers for holding soap/shampoo etc?
They are not standard, they will need to be specified in your tender or possibly at your tile appointmrnt.

Love your light choices

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke 31 weeks and WE ARE IN
You plans will show niches clearly as we had them appear on one set of plans without wanting them

H Family
Sarah13

They are not standard, they will need to be specified in your tender or possibly at your tile appointmrnt.

Ah right ok thank you so I guess if we brought it up now they would charge us a million dollars to do it?!!!
Milestone
Love your light choices

Thanks Milestone! I love your dining table one
Congrats on moving in!

BrownDog77
You plans will show niches clearly as we had them appear on one set of plans without wanting them

Dam I wish we knew this before. Annoyed now grrr
its like they expect that you know what is going on...um hello we've never done this before lol. Ive also just noticed on our plans that the overhead cupboards we requested and that are in our tender are not on our plans
Im worried now they will charge us for a variation
Sarah13
Milestone
Love your light choices

Congrats on moving in!

BrownDog77

its like they expect that you know what is going on...um hello we've never done this before lol. Ive also just noticed on our plans that the overhead cupboards we requested and that are in our tender are not on our plans
If you have overheads in your tender they can't charge you a variation. We have an issue with a wall in our ensuite that was put in the wrong place on one set of plans. We have been able to move it back with no variation fee as I could show it got moved for no reason.

Was going to say same as H Family if it's in your tender they shouldn't charge you. I'd also ask about niches and everything else you think you might want at your colours can't hurt to try?!?
it is hard because there's so many things to consider that you don't think about. Thank goodness for H1 or we wouldve not known half the stuff we do

H Family
Sarah13
Milestone
Love your light choices

Congrats on moving in!

BrownDog77

If you have overheads in your tender they can't charge you a variation. We have an issue with a wall in our ensuite that was put in the wrong place on one set of plans. We have been able to move it back with no variation fee as I could show it got moved for no reason.

Oh that's so good to know thank you!
BrownDog77
Was going to say same as H Family if it's in your tender they shouldn't charge you. I'd also ask about niches and everything else you think you might want at your colours can't hurt to try?!?
it is hard because there's so many things to consider that you don't think about. Thank goodness for H1 or we wouldve not known half the stuff we do

So true! So glad I found this site. Thanks again!
So we sillily didn't realise that our showers don't have recesses so Coral want to charge $450 per shower for the recess and $200 per shower admin fee 😠 I'm cranky at myself for not noticing they weren't standard and cranky at Coral for charging so much. I kinda feel we don't have a choice because I really dont want metal hangers in the showers forever to hold shampoo etc.

Re: the missing laundry overhead cupboards, they will fix it up and it's all no charge (as it should be)...happy about that.

Re: our approval to build - We were told that we didn't comply with the certifier so had to go through Council because we had protected trees??? and had fill over 1m. I questioned the trees because we had the trees removed months ago, it seems they didn't get the news about the trees from our sales consultant and none were protected - It was all approved by council. So now it's been put back to the certifier I think to see if we can get moving quicker. Will see how we go.
Related
19/12/2023
Changing building certifiers mid-build

General Discussion

Hi all, I've received the unwelcome news that our certifier (BCA Certifiers) has merged into the McKenzie Group. A quick Google revealed McKenzie is the mob that…

28/02/2024
Air-Conditioning Installers/Suppliers NSW Central Coast

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Anybody know any good and reasonably priced Air conditioning contractors/companies that could install a ducted air conditioning system in the Central Coast NSW for a small…

5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum