Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Equis Lake The Vines Easy Start/Summit Homes

Page 1 of 1

First home buyers/builders, building in Equis Lake, The Vines.

Such a beautiful quiet area,we have been renting in this area for near a year now, tired of throwing all our money at someone else's home where we would prefer to create a real home of our own were we can fully relax, pin anything we like on the walls and settle.

We first started looking at building August/September 2016, we looked through many display homes/ reviews and spoke to many consultants.
I must say some of these sales reps really do put you off building by the way they approached us.

We finally settled with Easy Start homes and got everything underway with a home we really liked., we were advised multiple things, etc inclusions, which this sales rep was quite impressive with the knowledge and communication, however there had been multiple hiccups caused by the company and eventually down the line these were all fixed, however all these issues just made us very angry and regret even signing up to build a house. grrr.

Pre start went smooth, until that was over, more hiccups.
Finally all sorted, plans all accepted, more issues with land developers declining our plans due to design guidelines not met.
Went through all our contracts to see who would be liable for this which clearly states builders liable, when presented this to the builders they agreed to let us cancel our contract which we didn't want to do because we were already so much invested into this. A month later these were all "sorted out", and when i say sorted i mean we had to pay more due to the builders oversight again. grrr.

23rd Feb 2017 - all our pre construction tasks have been ticked off as complete, waiting to find out what happens next/what is required of us, come on email from the builders.
welcome to h1 that looks like a great layout.

We built with summit group and all i can say is that they are awesome! Your SS is going to be colin who is brilliant so expect high standards even during build
murphyrachel32

First home buyers/builders, building in Equis Lake, The Vines.

Such a beautiful quiet area,we have been renting in this area for near a year now, tired of throwing all our money at someone else's home where we would prefer to create a real home of our own were we can fully relax, pin anything we like on the walls and settle.

We first started looking at building August/September 2016, we looked through many display homes/ reviews and spoke to many consultants.
I must say some of these sales reps really do put you off building by the way they approached us.

We finally settled with Easy Start homes and got everything underway with a home we really liked., we were advised multiple things, etc inclusions, which this sales rep was quite impressive with the knowledge and communication, however there had been multiple hiccups caused by the company and eventually down the line these were all fixed, however all these issues just made us very angry and regret even signing up to build a house. grrr.

Pre start went smooth, until that was over, more hiccups.
Finally all sorted, plans all accepted, more issues with land developers declining our plans due to design guidelines not met.
Went through all our contracts to see who would be liable for this which clearly states builders liable, when presented this to the builders they agreed to let us cancel our contract which we didn't want to do because we were already so much invested into this. A month later these were all "sorted out", and when i say sorted i mean we had to pay more due to the builders oversight again. grrr.

23rd Feb 2017 - all our pre construction tasks have been ticked off as complete, waiting to find out what happens next/what is required of us, come on email from the builders.

Related
17/03/2024
Any reputable custom builder in lake macquarie area

Building A New House

It is in lake macquarie area and dimensions are width 14 m and depth 8 m and the slope is 1/5 going down from the road.

15/10/2023
DIY fence gate motor installation? Easy?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I mean, I install them/sell them for a living so I haven't done DIY, unless you count the first one I installed lol. (electrician by trade). Usually a 6-8 hour job for…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum