Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Forever Home Build

Page 4 of 9
Love your design Ladybugs!! Can't wait to follow along

We've just had our block cut in Jimboomba Woods and can't wait to start seeing the house go up!
The floods were horrible
where our block is we are up higher but no one from the estate could venture out as every direction was cut off due to flooding.
fleabee86
Love your design Ladybugs!! Can't wait to follow along

We've just had our block cut in Jimboomba Woods and can't wait to start seeing the house go up!
The floods were horrible
where our block is we are up higher but no one from the estate could venture out as every direction was cut off due to flooding.

Oh exciting times! how is it travelling now? can't wait to follow yours too! do you have a thread yet?

it was horrible

I forgot to update we went there on Thursday night and our walls were up, bricks finished and cladding on,
I can not even explain my excitement lol it feels like a real house now

and I am falling even more in love with it.
our bricks are the same as the house across the rd oops lol but they look different which is good as I like ours better :p

Omg plaster
that looks awesome
I bet walking through it now is amazing to see

Yeah I started my own thread
lol finally
we have had our plumbing done now and apparently our slab will be poured on the 21st
well if the weather stays fine so I'm crossing everything 🤞

Wow sweets!! Unreal progress!! I bet you can now visualise each space and how it's used, how fantastic

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
For some reason I haven't been getting notifications of updates. Looks awesome! They are moving ahead really fast!
Thanks guys, I am in even more in love with our design now! tbh some of the brick work is a bit crapy

maybe I just need to not look to closely haha
kitchen was meant to be delivered today but didn't come, not surprised at it's the public holiday tomorrow and the house isn't locked up yet.
went to a party at our new neighbours house last weekend we have got quite close with them and so happy all our neighbours seem lovely so far <3
pressure is on to find some pendant lights.. I think I want these ones but I am so indecisive.. it's hard work being me sometimes :-p haha
Great floor plan and it's flying up. Nice to see another acreage build, we are just behind you in time frame
Oh I love those lights!!!
I'm thinking it's probably best that there is no kitchen delivered if it's not at lock up. Specially over a public holiday

Those lights are gorgeous

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
In waiting for our house to take its shape, I'm starting to imagine where to put pendant lights as well! Funny enough, of all the houses we have lived in.... never a single pendant light. At most just one chandelier.

I will likely be using my light choices to add some colour and warmth ... and maybe a bit of wow to our house.

Found this one in the flesh! Really amazing but really expensive!

Thank guys I think I will get them 😍 Now need to decide on the size lol
Emncriaig I found your thread 😜

Ruraldoc I have never had pendants either so whole new ball game for me haha
Love that one you have pictured 😃
Yeah there is a nice example of its effect in MrsJM's house. Sadly, her house still has troubles... a very scary and sad experience for a new house build!
So I have just got back from a trip to the great barrier reef with the company I work for and went to see the house today, our tiles were there yay! and I happy to say I still love my splash back as much as I did!
some painting has been done, I am assuming primer or base coat not really sure lol
sinks are all in and all cabinetry is in too as of last week.
here are some update pics

Oh wow it looks amazing!! How exciting!
Flying along!!!! Looking fabulous!!!
that's some awesome progress Ladybugs
Love the tiles

Awesome progress! Sounds like we all need a trip to the Great Barrier Reef and then come back with a finished house!
We certainly were glad to have frames when we got back from Cairns a few weeks ago. Before we left, we didn't even have a slab!
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum