Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Forever Home Build

Page 1 of 9
After our last builder going bankrupt just before we were due to start building we have finally started with our house and are so much happier with our builder now so it really was a blessing in disguise.
we are building on just over an acre at buccan qld.
here is our plan

l

Marble herringbone splashback for the kitchen, grey concrete tile below is for the floors, kitchen all white with ocean foam for the benches.
Grey gloss tile is for the kids bathroom vanity splashback

Carpet is the lighter one and this grey tile is for the ensuite

This is where we are up to
we started on the 10th of February so it is moving along nicely, excited is an understatement!
Wow it's enormous Ladybugs! Love those marble splash back tiles

Sorry to hear about your last builder but glad you're happy with your new builder

Wow, love your plan!!! Just gorgeous area where your building!!

Love love love your splashback!!!

Not long until slab!!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Love your plan and your choices
looking forward to following your build

Thanks so much guys! waffle pods ect got delivered today so they should be starting slab prep tomorrow

we are building in Buccan QLD
and yes quite spacious, the plan was to build once and build a house that will do us now with young kids up to them as teenagers,
we have been living with my inlaws for 2 and a half years so to say I am itching to move back into a home of my own is an understatement haha
Ladybugs2
Thanks so much guys! waffle pods ect got delivered today so they should be starting slab prep tomorrow

we are building in Buccan QLD
and yes quite spacious, the plan was to build once and build a house that will do us now with young kids up to them as teenagers,
we have been living with my inlaws for 2 and a half years so to say I am itching to move back into a home of my own is an understatement haha

I hear you on living with the in laws... been with our in laws for almost 4 years... my mother in law has forgotten what boundarys are I think... just shoot me

So exciting about your waffle pods being delivered, seeing a slab down just makes the light at the end of the tunnel shine so much brighter

viewtopic.php?t=83643
You're a patient lady, we lived with my brother in-law for a few months after we sold our last house and it was a killer having other people under our feet constantly between him and his girlfriend! Hopefully your build goes quickly!

Haha yeah some days are really tough! I am lucky that I have a great relationship with them but to have my family of 4 squashed into a a small area and have no room left it's a bit crazy!
I have a Scentsy business and I literally have a cupboard on every wall with no room left so it warms. Y heart to know it's getting closer or I might have to sell the kids to make more room ???

Guess what happened today?
They did all the slab prep and are pouring on Friday Wohoo!!

You'll overtake me at this stage!!! Bring on Friday for slab pour!!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Yay exciting! We went out to our block today and our brickwork is 95% done, so good at this stage where you can see big bits of progress

Fab plan and fab plot. Hope all goes smoothly and quickly ?
How exciting Ladybugs!! Your new builders certainly move quicker than mine! We're still at drawings stage

Did you change floorplans or keep the ones you had from previous builder? Can't wait to see slab pics!

TheGirlie
How exciting Ladybugs!! Your new builders certainly move quicker than mine! We're still at drawings stage

Did you change floorplans or keep the ones you had from previous builder? Can't wait to see slab pics!

They have be so quick, hoping they let the slab sit for a little bit but atleast it has over the weekend at the least I guees.
we kept our floor plans pretty much but with a few changes so it wasn't exactly the same. worked out well as one of the new builders plans was so similar to ours so wasn't hard

lp77
Fab plan and fab plot. Hope all goes smoothly and quickly ?

Thanks so much we love it and can't wait to move in!
mrsdoe
Yay exciting! We went out to our block today and our brickwork is 95% done, so good at this stage where you can see big bits of progress

oh now THAT is exciting!!! I can't wait to see that

I am preparing myself for it to slow right down at lock up stage but this first stage is fun haha
charlibear
You'll overtake me at this stage!!! Bring on Friday for slab pour!!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643

I am following you build too! any progress today?

Slab was done today!!

Conslabulations!!! That's a huge slab!!

Nope no progress for us, frames are still a week off being delivered and the carpenter is still 2 weeks away

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum