Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at Alamanda???

Page 1 of 4
Our land doesnt title til May 09 (fingers toes and everything crossed)

I know the first stage has been released just wondering if anyone has started or is about to start building was it on time? I see the display villages are going up at a cracking pace!!
Hey

We are also building in the Alamanda estate, title due to be released May 09. I am also renting in Point Cook too and drive by the Alamanda estate everyday. I have seen a huge metal frame recently which I suspect is the
rec centre.

Would be good to know how the first stage progressed and whether there were any delays.

cheers
g
Stage 3 is delayed... i have been waiting since July ...
We are building at Alamanda, stage 7b. Due to title in May 09, but I won't hold my breath!!!

Anyone who's building there know why the pool is an outdoor one? Seems it would make more sense to build an indoor pool!

Damo
Hi everyone,

We bought in stage 5a, expected titles release dec-08 or jan-09.

Claego, has your land been released yet?

It's now Sept, i wonder how long more we will have to wait...
Not yet, not yet..

Just called them again and they said it will go to title office next week.. if things go well, then i should be looking at 1st week of Oct... hope this is true...
I have a site start in Oct on my contract, not sure if i can really start in Oct...
hey guys, im looking at Alamanda and Innisfail estate, i was just wondering once we buy the land, is there a rule/law/restriction as to when we have to start construction? I was thinking of buying the land first and then start constructing 2.5 years later.... is this possible?
if i remember correctly, construction must start within 18 months after the settlement
aussiedamo
We are building at Alamanda, stage 7b. Due to title in May 09, but I won't hold my breath!!!

Anyone who's building there know why the pool is an outdoor one? Seems it would make more sense to build an indoor pool!

Damo

Hi Damo

We've bought in Waterlilly too, they told us May09, but email the rep the other day and he said its more like June - heres hopin.

I drove past the estate and the frame is up, its nice to see things are happening, not sure why the pools been built outside, will be nice on a hot day i guess.

Cheers
G
claego
Not yet, not yet..

Just called them again and they said it will go to title office next week.. if things go well, then i should be looking at 1st week of Oct... hope this is true...
I have a site start in Oct on my contract, not sure if i can really start in Oct...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Claego
Let us know how it goes...
Looks like ours probably won't happen until next year...
Claego,

I hope things go well for you. Is the builder going to charge for the delay for the house construction. *concern* How much?
Hey All, does anyone know at what time does the car spaces in Laverton/Aircraft station get filled up completely in the mornings during weekdays?
Quote:
Hey All, does anyone know at what time does the car spaces in Laverton/Aircraft station get filled up completely in the mornings during weekdays?

Depending on the time during weekdays; normally, during Mondays to Wednesdays, the car park becomes full before 8:30am.
Thursdays and Fridays are better... I can still get a car space at around 8:45am.
Normally i leave home at around 7.15am, and by the time i reach Queens Street in the city, it is about 7.50am, so the freeway traffic aren't too bad for me... But Friday is much better..
Hi mikeval, i do need to pay extra if site start delay, if remember correctly they said the cost is $1500 for 3 months... but they are confident that i can make it...

And today, woo... the Alamanda website actually has been updated saying that Stage 3 is titled release... unbelievable, because i know nothing about it... may need to make some phone calsl on Monday to my solicator/bank manager...

and thanks Dreamhome, hopefully i can own the dirt very soon...
Good news, i have just received a SMS from my solicator that my land has a settlement date... Too good to be true, i am going to be a land owner plus more debt

Looking forword to the build... hope everything is going to be fine..
claego
Good news, i have just received a SMS from my solicator that my land has a settlement date... Too good to be true, i am going to be a land owner plus more debt

Looking forword to the build... hope everything is going to be fine..

Excellent news Claego!!! Congratulations

We drove past the estate today and things are moving fast, lots of new houses have started, most of them i think are display houses but it's all looking great.

I wonder how late they are with stage 5..
Don't want to pay a fine to builder because of late start but we probably will have to

The Bayview Park looks awesome. There were lots of families with their kids out there today, probably enjoying today's nice weather

Claego, what is your settlement date?
Hi everyone,

Is anyone using their builder to install the fibre optics or using Villawood's preferred supplier 'Commverge'?

Our builder seem not quite sure what our options are as they can't confirm that they can do it and at what price and they have not confirmed if we can use Commverge instead.
ooohh can you actually use the roads to drive to Bayview Park?? I would love to take a drive around the estate (seeing as I will be living there) but havent so far as I wasnt sure if I was allowed.
Hi Dreamhome, i am settling on 25th.. just hope things go smoothly

My builder has confirmed that they cannot do the optic fabic, so i will need to organise my own electican (most likely will use Villawood's supplier).. just make sure they allow you to do that in writing. In my case, i have asked them to include this clause in my contract.

When i drove passed yesterday, i already saw people pinicing in the park area... everyone is getting excited...
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum