Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Acacia Home

Page 48 of 49
Fence is complete at last and I absolutely love it!! So so pleased with it and the security it gives us. There were some gaps below the gate that we were worried about our puppy escaping from so hubby has nailed some rubber sheeting to stop her crawling through. Not the best job but I’m not going to criticise to him!
Before

After

Plugging the gaps...will hide these with planting

trimum
Fence is complete at last and I absolutely love it!! So so pleased with it and the security it gives us. There were some gaps below the gate that we were worried about our puppy escaping from so hubby has nailed some rubber sheeting to stop her crawling through. Not the best job but I’m not going to criticise to him!
Before

After

Plugging the gaps...will hide these with planting

Your timber fence is very nice, high enough not to see neighbours.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Nice fence
I like what they’ve done for the post tops.

Did you manage the find that spray gun?

ehhc
Nice fence

Yes found the spray gun! Haven’t bought it yet but I know where to find it. Just a question about your fence paint ...what colour /make did you use? I was completely overwhelmed with the paints in bunnings yesterday and came away with nothing! I did buy some pavers though and starting some landscape diy lawn edging today as I’m fed up with landscapers not getting back to me with quotes!

trimum
ehhc
Nice fence

Yes found the spray gun! Haven’t bought it yet but I know where to find it. Just a question about your fence paint ...what colour /make did you use? I was completely overwhelmed with the paints in bunnings yesterday and came away with nothing! I did buy some pavers though and starting some landscape diy lawn edging today as I’m fed up with landscapers not getting back to me with quotes!

Ohh! We had big dramas with paints. We initially went with 4L of Dulux weathershield (bunnings mistake on quantity). That only got us 1 coat 15metres, one side, using a brush and roller.
We then went back in and bought 15L of taubmans sunproof. This would be enough for 2 coats 40-50 metres because you dilute with about 10-15% water for the spray gun.
Make sure you check the final colour on your chosen colour card!

Oh we need to do lawn edging too. What material have you gone with?

ehhc
trimum
ehhc
Nice fence

Ohh! We had big dramas with paints. We initially went with 4L of Dulux weathershield (bunnings mistake on quantity). That only got us 1 coat 15metres, one side, using a brush and roller.
We then went back in and bought 15L of taubmans sunproof. This would be enough for 2 coats 40-50 metres because you dilute with about 10-15% water for the spray gun.
Make sure you check the final colour on your chosen colour card!

Oh we need to do lawn edging too. What material have you gone with?

We went with just the standard 200x100 pavers. I went on YouTube and got some advice from Bunnings. I tried out a 4.5m length this morning and am over the moon with the result! For a first time attempt it can up pretty well and all materials came to less than $80!!

This point of new homeownership is where a trailer and access to Gumtree are almost essential if not compulsory. The bargains to be found in used pavers, and other garden stuff, are often amazing. A year down the track, and looking at your magnificent handiwork, you won't be able to tell that the materials had had a previous life!

Nice job there on the garden-edging, T.
Great job on the paving edge! It's incredibly satisfying getting bits done yourself! We live at bunnings now
Painting our fence is on my to do list for this spring. Someone told me to wait a few months to let it dry out before painting, when it was new, I haven't heard this advice anywhere else and haven't found much googling???
bank
Great job on the paving edge! It's incredibly satisfying getting bits done yourself! We live at bunnings now
Painting our fence is on my to do list for this spring. Someone told me to wait a few months to let it dry out before painting, when it was new, I haven't heard this advice anywhere else and haven't found much googling???

We stained our fence and the advice was to let it cure for a few months first.
bank

Our fencer has told us to leave the fence for a month before we paint it.
Nice paver edging! What is the purpose of the gravel? I’m thinking it’s to help drainage and stop movement? A neighbour near us had landscapers who just mortared the pavers bricks directly on clay...they’re now moved all over the place.

ehhc
Nice paver edging! What is the purpose of the gravel? I’m thinking it’s to help drainage and stop movement? A neighbour near us had landscapers who just mortared the pavers bricks directly on clay...they’re now moved all over the place.

Yes it’s blue metal gravel and should stop movement although I still may get some. I was advised by Bunnings to use it. It certainly feels pretty solid now.

Just had our study fitted out, quite pleased with it but hoping hubby doesn’t make it a dumping ground!

The coving is being done next week and then we will paint the boxes in part

Always nice to see new post from you trimum. I'm picking up ideas from your study room.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
im picking up ideas from you study too
Thanks I really like it but needs a sort out, hubby is away all weekend and half of the week so it’s a great time to set up and declutter what will go in there!

On another note our hot water boiler isn’t working
our SS has arranged for a plumber to come out today hope it’s fixable!!

O_O!!! looks really good. +3 picking ideas
Oh no on the hot water. Man i hope they fix that for you soon.

What material is the benchtop please? Are they filing cabinets in the end 4 drawer part with the cool black handles?
Yes the hot water is all fixed! Hubby phoned our SS yesterday morning and he got a plumber out to fix it and by the time we got home it was back working! Burbank did well this time! On another note our hot water boiler was put in chromogen and despite calling their warranty/service centre multiple times and leaving messages no one got back to us.

The benchtop is made by Polytech and the colour chosen was Artisan Oak

The handles are from http://www.furnwaredorset.com.au/Handle ... e_Handle_6

Not sure if you are in Sydney but we got ‘Above and Beyond Interiors’ to design and install it all. They have a Facebook page.

cat_dunc
Oh no on the hot water. Man i hope they fix that for you soon.

What material is the benchtop please? Are they filing cabinets in the end 4 drawer part with the cool black handles?

And yes they are filing cabinets! One thing I wish we had done was to get PowerPoints fitted above the benchtop but we have neat cutouts in the benchtops to thread the cords through

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum