Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Acacia Home

Page 47 of 49
Having severe issues with our electrics.... we checked all the plug points but weren’t able to do the same with the tv and data points. We have now found most of the data points and tv points don’t work. Vaccaro came out two weeks ago to fix the first lot and now we have been through the house and realise most of the others don’t work either. Wish we had found out before!!

Ohhhh noooo! My sons can't live without internet. I will have to check all data points.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Yes can’t tell you how frustrating it is and trying to get Vaccaro back was a feat and a half and now we have to try and do that all over again!!

Hey, we may have concretor coming to start this Friday! I’m looking for a shed ... where are you getting yours from? I’ve been looking at bunnings and there are thousands of them

ehhc
Hey, we may have concretor coming to start this Friday! I’m looking for a shed ... where are you getting yours from? I’ve been looking at bunnings and there are thousands of them

We are probably getting one from bunnings too but still looking around

We had our excavator come and put more topsoil on the site today as the stuff that went down was blown around and became too thin. It was quite expensive to get him back and put two more loads of turf underlay down but I’m so pleased we did now it’s made a huge difference!
Tomorrow we are getting turf delivered and poor hubby is going to have to lay it all by himself as I am in Melbourne all weekend with our daughter for her birthday (it was planned several weeks ago). Our eldest son is also in Melbourne this weekend too apartment hunting as he moves here for a new job in a couple of weeks. It’s unfortunate the turf had to go down this week but we have great access to do it before the fence goes up next weekend. He has a huge job laying 180 square metres by himself, it’s only 2/3 of the amount of turf we need, I decided to be kind to him and we will do the last 1/3 in a couple of weeks time

Your poor hubby... to do lawn on his own ...I tried to unload one roll of lawn and eventually landscaper helped me out. lol

I know I will probably hear the swearing and cursing here in Melbourne! I told him to only do 100 but he wanted to do 200 we compromised and agreed to 180 but wouldn’t surprise me if he did it over the two days of sat and sun

Turf underlay levels have been brought right up now I can not wait to get pics later of turf going down!

Looked so good even without lawn with lawn your place will be spectacular. Love it.

Hubby sent me these I can’t wait to get home in a few days to see it all! He kept going into the night laying turf with just the streetlight and his head torch!

We will still need to lay part 2 which is the front lawn and the nature strip also once the fence and retaining walls are done there will be a bit of patching to do. We won’t be ordering any more turf and doing the next part for a couple of weeks as there are other jobs lined up.

Also an update with electrics.... Vaccaro have come out twice since handover now to correct wiring and get aerials and data points working but they seem to have resolved everything so that’s good. Also a big thumbs up to Bing Lee, we ordered a tv for the upstairs lounge room and had someone ready to wall mount it. When it was on the wall we noticed two deep scratches on the screen that was not caused by anyone who handled it. Bing Lee were amazing- the Manager and one of his staff delivered a replacement, took it out of the box, removed the one off the wall and wall mounted the new one. That’s what I call amazing service

Place looks amazing trimum
each new job looks like another big step

Daylight

it looks fantastic
Your hubby has done a wonderful job. Looks so good keep watering. As my lawn is a bit dried out... we have been too busy to water lawn.

Didn’t get to water it yesterday we need a good downpour but not tomorrow as the fence goes up! It’s as dry as anything at the moment and I’m a bit worried about it. Now our eldest son has just been offered a job in Melbourne so we are helping him move interstate over the next few weekends so everything here will have to take a back seat. I swear my life at the moment is being centred around the fence going up I can not wait to have some privacy!!

This fence is causing me extreme grief at the moment! I was so pleased when we finally got someone to agree to do the fence and were happy with the price. He eventually told me he was able to start on Friday 27th then I got a call yesterday morning...he couldn’t start because the materials hadn’t been delivered to our house. Finally they turned up late yesterday so the fencer cam today to start. I get a call while I am out this morning...he has dug through a water pipe
I get home to look and he tells me I have to pay the plumber ($200) as it is in the t&c of the contract I signed. I check and it is
he manages to put up all the posts and will now come back Monday and Tuesday to finish due to the time lost today. We’ve had an excavator and concreter all over the site and no one has damaged a pipe yet but guess it was bound to happen eventually. So hopefully next weekend I will be able to paint it!

That’s pretty unlucky :/

So just the corner fence to go and then it’s privacy?? 1 more week

Hopefully by Tuesday it will all be done. I really thought we were getting the metal framed one like yours but nothing is written down
so a bit annoyed with myself as I a know I discussed that with the fencer.
Anyhow just looking forward to it being finished!
It is the corner fence plus return to the house and the gate on the other side where the concrete is.

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum