Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Acacia Home

Page 40 of 49
I just had a landscaper come and do a cut and level to all 4 sides to pre top soil level. Plus cut additional 200mm past side boundaries for fencing and ag liens. There was a ton of clay and builders rubble so it was well worth saving my back. Spoil was left onsite. $1400 He’s based in Oran Park I think - Southern sun landscapes.

Thanks very much I’m going to do what shazaw has done and split the jobs and get separate quotes.

ehhc I will ask your landscaper to come and quote, what are you doing with the spoil ehhc? Is it expensive to have removed?

Yeah soil removal is expensive. Another few hundred per load i think we have 1 load worth. The idea was to wait for driveway guy to excavate, add to the pile and remove it all in one go but might need 2 runs now.
We need the fence up so concreter can lay paths to boundary. But neighbour has a broken down pipe that is causing water to flow directly to mine so I need the plumbing fixed before we put up the fence

trimum
Thanks very much I’m going to do what shazaw has done and split the jobs and get separate quotes.

ehhc I will ask your landscaper to come and quote, what are you doing with the spoil ehhc? Is it expensive to have removed?

Why are you awake at 3.15am in the morning?
Our backyard is 50m2 and the front yard will be a courtyard with just the grass on the footpath. I think our cost will be coming from doing the raised rendered garden beds, fence and driveway.
bestspecials
trimum

Our backyard is 50m2 and the front yard will be a courtyard with just the grass on the footpath. I think our cost will be coming from doing the raised rendered garden beds, fence and driveway.

Insomnia

Too much on my mind!
I have split the jobs up and will get itemised quotes on those.
ehhc we have your landscaper coming on Saturday for a quote on earthworks and concreting a path.

trimum
bestspecials
trimum

Insomnia

Too much on my mind!
I have split the jobs up and will get itemised quotes on those.
ehhc we have your landscaper coming on Saturday for a quote on earthworks and concreting a path.

I do the same and ours is only half finished. LOL!!

Good idea about splitting the jobs, you will probably save a lot of money.
We are going to start getting quotes this week too.
Out of the blue we get our final variation!

Good the accounts are moving along. Gives you time to sort out the final invoice.

for Cameron at southern sun landscapes. They broke 2 stormwater pipes and came back and fix them the next day. I think there is a cheaper person I know but it wouldn’t have been by much. I went to school with his brother and also another excavator who recommend southern sun in the first place

trimum
Out of the blue we get our final variation!

Check it thoroughly. they charged us on things that were never done and things they should have charge ...they did not charged.

It is a pain to get separated quotes but it's worth it ... end up saving more.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
We have sent back the variations signed so hopefully they will get on with everything else. We had money refunded for the non existent insulation and some back from the earthworks provision but we were stung with the extra piering we had to have due to the engineers report showing rock underneath our lot. When it all balanced out the extra we have to pay is under $1k and having seen the invoices we have accepted it.

We are getting landscape and fencing quotes at the moment, we are finding quite different things being suggested but have decided to turf and source plants ourselves to keep costs down so just need the professionals for excavation, levelling, topsoil and retaining wall/edging.

One thing we are deliberating over is the corner nature strip, the council is due to put a path down so we don’t want to go to the expense of turfing this when the council will dig it up. Unfortunately we could be waiting a long time for them to do this!

On other house news the driveway is STILL not down, we have now been given a 7th date which is Monday for this to be poured. The pergola damage is all fixed and just needs painting apparently this will be Monday too. Now the doors are giving me anxiety!! The front door is still very loose and the extra mortar lock on the rear door needs to be put on. I mean..how much time do they need!! The microwave trim is still not done...SS said they are ‘waiting for the supplier’ I’m not sure we will ever see it

Quotes for landscaping takes time and you do end up getting better ideas on from different people.
Our nature strip has overgrown lawn we needs to tame it down. We have to wait and see how much will be destroyed during digging concrete footpath.

Two things happened today...

We received our final invoice which I agree with and....the driveway is DONE! Well nearly it needs the cobble header (stencil pattern) around the perimeter. However I actually think we will have PCI on Friday!! I can’t believe it!!

trimum
Two things happened today...

We received our final invoice which I agree with and....the driveway is DONE! Well nearly it needs the cobble header (stencil pattern) around the perimeter. However I actually think we will have PCI on Friday!! I can’t believe it!!

FINALLY!!! Fingers crossed.
AWESOME!
Yay for driveway.

Nice!!! I would kill for a driveway right now

Well seeing the driveway in the daylight today I have to say I was disappointed. I was concerned at the issues our SS had in sourcing a concreter to do it and was getting worried we would get a rushed job by anyone who would be available and I think that’s exactly what we got. It looks a mess to be honest with the nature strip patchy in colour and has discoloured the edge main driveway. Also we paid extra to have a border (I didn’t want it but hubby did) it’s not been done but I don’t know if the driveway has to set first....I’ve told our SS that if this has been forgotten then leave it and give us a refund!
Feeling deflated today, I spoke with the SS first thing and he confirmed PCI at 9am Friday.

man... that sucks to hear.
Pretty sure the stencil and colour is meant to be applied before the concrete dries. Refund.

Perhaps it’s not fully cured yet and they still have to seal it? Might turn out nicer

So glad to hear that the driveway is in and you have a time for PCI.
Sorry to hear that the driveway isn't really what you want.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for not many problems found during your inspection.
Oh trimum you have every right to be angry, after so much delay it is very disappointing they didn't do it right. You are going to see this driveway every time you drive in.
I just don't know how my driveway will turn out tomorrow.

I do hope your PCI will be smooth run.

Related
3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum