Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New here we are building the Doulton 56 with extension

Page 17 of 77
Nice one Doulton! Plans look amazing, I've seen entire apartments in Asia that would fit into your master suite
It's going to be absolutely fabulous when complete. Love all the living spaces as well, plenty of room for everyone to spread out and relax, and also to entertain, bet it's going to feel even more spacious with the high ceilings.

And woohoo on a tap being installed, they'll be all ready now to begin siteworks and get things on the road
you'll have a slab and maybe even the start of a frame by the end of the month at this rate, hope it all goes smoothly and quickly too!
dulie
No idea what that pipe is for, but at least there is some sort of movement on site! Hopefully not long before we all get to see this gigantic slab of yours!

Gigantic haha I love the sound of that. Can't wait.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Gravy
Nice one Doulton! Plans look amazing, I've seen entire apartments in Asia that would fit into your master suite
It's going to be absolutely fabulous when complete. Love all the living spaces as well, plenty of room for everyone to spread out and relax, and also to entertain, bet it's going to feel even more spacious with the high ceilings.

And woohoo on a tap being installed, they'll be all ready now to begin siteworks and get things on the road
you'll have a slab and maybe even the start of a frame by the end of the month at this rate, hope it all goes smoothly and quickly too!

Thanks gravy. Hahahaha I had to laugh about the Asia comment. The bedroom is bigger then the display doulton because of the balcony. So we scored in that way by choosing that design.

I hope your right and we have a slab by this month. The kids sure need to room. There's 4 boys in one bedroom where we are now. They fight like cats and dogs. So you can imagine how desperate I am to get this build done.

Originally we were planning on staying in this house. And put a 13sq extension which would bring it too 60sq. But couldn't justify the $200,000 price tag that it would cost us. Plus if you were to sell it down the track. You wouldn't get your money back. The bedroom we have now is 8 meters. So we are used to big bedroom. But I think this one has better used space. If you seen the Waldorf. That's our house that we are in now Just a bit bigger they made it now. And a few changers.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Gravy

Thanks gravy. Hahahaha I had to laugh about the Asia comment. The bedroom is bigger then the display doulton because of the balcony. So we scored in that way by choosing that design.

I hope your right and we have a slab by this month. The kids sure need to room. There's 4 boys in one bedroom where we are now. They fight like cats and dogs. So you can imagine how desperate I am to get this build done.

Originally we were planning on staying in this house. And put a 13sq extension which would bring it too 60sq. But couldn't justify the $200,000 price tag that it would cost us. Plus if you were to sell it down the track. You wouldn't get your money back. The bedroom we have now is 8 meters. So we are used to big bedroom. But I think this one has better used space. If you seen the Waldorf. That's our house that we are in now Just a bit bigger they made it now. And a few changers.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We had our taps and meter installed about 3 weeks back but the final plans are yet to be issued. Today we got our electrical plans to check and sign. Hopefully everything is fine.
Doulton777
I went to the land last night and found the water meter was installed.

Does anyone know what that pipe is for?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Maybe for recycle water tap. We have 2 taps installed 1 is normal and other one is recycle water.
Sanuaka
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Maybe for recycle water tap. We have 2 taps installed 1 is normal and other one is recycle water.

Sanuaka
Doulton777
Gravy

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We had our taps and meter installed about 3 weeks back but the final plans are yet to be issued. Today we got our electrical plans to check and sign. Hopefully everything is fine.

Wouldn't it be funny if our houses both started at same time lol?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Sanuaka
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Yeah hubby reckons you could be right

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Apparently they did the tap in March. But I never noticed.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Has anyone got a water bill for their water? I got $14 for 133 litres being used?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Sanuaka
Sanuaka
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

That's weird we got recycle too but we didn't get two taps.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Has anyone got a water bill for their water? I got $14 for 133 litres being used?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Not yet.
It will be funny and so exciting to know each others development. Will know in another 2 or 3 weeks.
Sanuaka
It will be funny and so exciting to know each others development. Will know in another 2 or 3 weeks.

Same here. They told us we need to sign off on plans by this week. They have to rectify a few things on it first. I hope that does take ages ago.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
How much did you guys pay for your translucent doors? And how recent did you add them?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Sanuaka

Same here. They told us we need to sign off on plans by this week. They have to rectify a few things on it first. I hope that does take ages ago.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Hopefully they keep their words. We can just wait and watch.
Doulton777
How much did you guys pay for your translucent doors? And how recent did you add them?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Did you get your final plans? We didn't. M promised but didn't keep their words as I said so.
Sanuaka
Doulton777

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Did you get your final plans? We didn't. M promised but didn't keep their words as I said so.

We did but they didn't put 1 thing in. So now they have to redo it I think.

Why didn't you get yours?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Sanuaka
Doulton777
Gravy

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Sanuaka

Did they give you the Clipsal Iconic light switches instead of the Slimline?

Yes they did but I am not happy with those. I don't know why they didn't issue us the final plans when they promised but I expected so from them. We only got the electrical drawings but we need to add in some more power points so we didn't sign it yet. They even offer different lights as well but we didn't change it. Did you?
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum