Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New here we are building the Doulton 56 with extension

Page 74 of 77
Drew01
Who's the blind company if I can ask? We went to the home show yesterday, but I reckon most of them are snake oil salesmen if they need to be there

We are going there today lol. The name is into blinds. To be honest they have been the only ones who jumped on my quote quickly. I had troubles with the other ones. Took ages to get a quote back from some of them. She also left me the samples which is great cos it helped me research into them and helped me make my mind up to get linen instead.

Blinds online were nice at the Melbourne home show. But when it came time for the quote. They took ages to respond.

Scares the pants off me when I see the minuscule prices being asked on Gumtree, and the like, for used house-lots of such premium-price ranges of curtains and window treatments. Not sure what the new prices actually fairly reflect...materials? production? marketing costs? profit?
kks
Scares the pants off me when I see the minuscule prices being asked on Gumtree, and the like, for used house-lots of such premium-price ranges of curtains and window treatments. Not sure what the new prices actually fairly reflect...materials? production? marketing costs? profit?

Sorry I’m not what you mean sorry?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Got my cupboard installed from ikea. Took 9 hours too install. It also includes a hamper. Before and after shots.

Doulton777
Got my cupboard installed from ikea. Took 9 hours too install. It also includes a hamper. Before and after shots.

Love it, just saw it on Facebook too, it looks fab, well done!

HGMbuild
Doulton777

Love it, just saw it on Facebook too, it looks fab, well done!

Thank you
. Yeah I posted it in a few places. To give others ideas so they don’t go and pay a fortune to get just average ones installed. It’s so worth it

I must admit they look good. I have not always been a fan of Ikea, but they really do look good.
I still don't understand how they can do it for the price...

John Pierpoint
I must admit they look good. I have not always been a fan of Ikea, but they really do look good.

Thanks
. I think Ikea has gotten better over the years. I know years ago they used to be terrible.

Drew01

I don’t get it either. There was like 103 flat pack boxes. So much details too it. It’s amazing the prices of things individually.

Doulton777
Drew01

I don’t get it either. There was like 103 flat pack boxes. So much details too it. It’s amazing the prices of things individually.

So it was a custom build, or they fit the respective modules into your wardrobe?

Drew01
Doulton777
Drew01

So it was a custom build, or they fit the respective modules into your wardrobe?

They have a few different sizes you can get. It wasn’t custom built. I have about 3 other cupboards that I will be doing with them as well. But there’s 2 others that I have. I will have to do a custom build. Because their design won’t fit.

Looks fantastic! Unfortunately, our robe is only 550mm deep, due to a window - we can't take it out any further. So the IKEA system won't work, as I think it is 600mm deep.
shokel1975
Looks fantastic! Unfortunately, our robe is only 550mm deep, due to a window - we can't take it out any further. So the IKEA system won't work, as I think it is 600mm deep.

Yeah very interesting, cause looking at Doulton's plans, her robe is only 450mm deep. Can't really tell if it's sitting flush from the pictures though.
[quote="shokel1975"]Looks fantastic! Unfortunately, our robe is only 550mm deep, due to a window - we can't take it out any further. So the IKEA system won't work, as I think it is 600mm deep.
/quote]

There’s other ones that aren’t that deep. I believe 350mm ones. I’m not sure of the exact size. But hubby was sure they had ones that were less then 600.

Doulton777

Love your wardrobe 😍😍 looks fab 👌🏼👌🏼 I am a big fan of IKEA. Got a couple of things from there and was very satisfied. They are value for money.
Did you choose individual pieces & then fit them in your space?
Our build just started, slab got poured today.
My thread:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=92532&p=1831688#p1831688
Doulton777
Drew01

Can I ask how much this cost?
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum