Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New here we are building the Doulton 56 with extension

Page 73 of 77
Doulton777
Had the twins 21st party a couple of weeks ago. Thought I might post some pics. Mind you I haven’t got curtains or blinds yet. Will be getting those soon.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Beautiful pics ....huge house!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
excited_builders
Doulton777
Had the twins 21st party a couple of weeks ago. Thought I might post some pics. Mind you I haven’t got curtains or blinds yet. Will be getting those soon.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Beautiful pics ....huge house!

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Thank you. Overall it was made great. Very happy with it

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Silk or linen curtains? What would you pick?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

viewtopic.php?t=86597

viewtopic.php?t=86597

So nice. You have finished that house so beautifully. Can’t wait to be in our new house. Would be so surreal having a home like this

Metricon Franklin 53 modified
stoff17

So nice. You have finished that house so beautifully. Can’t wait to be in our new house. Would be so surreal having a home like this

Thank you
. I’m pretty sure yours will look at as beautiful. What part are you up too? How’s the build going so far?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
stoff17

Thank you
. I’m pretty sure yours will look at as beautiful. What part are you up too? How’s the build going so far?

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We hope what we picked comes together well. We think it will but you just never know.
Can’t wait for sheeting to look at each room instead of seeing through framing.
Hebel was completed yesterday and the guys are rendering today. Nothing internal yet. I think all external will be done by early to mid September. Then all internal should be full steam ahead. Check out my thread if you like. I posted a few pics the other day.
As for the build. I’m happy with the attention to detail, workmanship is great, it’s just that it’s all happening at snail pace. I mean when trades are there, they are productive. It’s when they are not and it’s a lot. But can’t complain it will get there

stoff17
Doulton777
stoff17
[quote="Doulton777"]

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thank you

viewtopic.php?t=86597

We hope what we picked comes together well. We think it will but you just never know.
Hebel was completed yesterday and the guys are rendering today. Nothing internal yet. I think all external will be done by early to mid September. Then all internal should be full steam ahead. Check out my thread if you like. I posted a few pics the other day.
As for the build. I’m happy with the attention to detail, workmanship is great, it’s just that it’s all happening at snail pace. I mean when trades are there, they are productive. It’s when they are not and it’s a lot. But can’t complain it will get there

Metricon Franklin 53 modified[/quote]

Glad to see your happy wit the build. We had the snail pace right at the end. I hate that I get what your saying. Ours was more due to the suppliers holding up up.

I will go check it out. Just got to pick kids up from school first. Where are you building?

And don’t worry about second guessing what you picked. It happens to everyone.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
stoff17
Doulton777
[quote="stoff17"][quote="Doulton777"]

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thank you

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Glad to see your happy wit the build. We had the snail pace right at the end. I hate that I get what your saying. Ours was more due to the suppliers holding up up.

I will go check it out. Just got to pick kids up from school first. Where are you building?

viewtopic.php?t=86597[/quote]

Haha yes second guessing a lot, we are in Adelaide. Fulham area

stoff17
Doulton777
stoff17
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="stoff17"][quote="Doulton777"]

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thank you

viewtopic.php?t=86597

You should put a link in your sig. So then we can click on it and go straight to your page?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
stoff17
Doulton777
[quote="stoff17"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="stoff17"][quote="Doulton777"]

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thank you

viewtopic.php?t=86597

You should put a link in your sig. So then we can click on it and go straight to your page?

How do you do that, not to savy on this stuff. I’ve attached to topic to the bottom, but looks like you can’t tap on it though

stoff17
Doulton777
stoff17
[quote="Doulton777"][quote="stoff17"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="stoff17"][quote="Doulton777"]

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thank you

viewtopic.php?t=86597

How do you do that, not to savy on this stuff. I’ve attached to topic to the bottom, but looks like you can’t tap on it though

Make sure your not on Tapatalk when you do it. Go to web view if your on your phone. If you go to your page. Copy from the address bar. Then go to your sig and paste it. And add it in there. That should work for you. Try that.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
stoff17
Doulton777
[quote="stoff17"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="stoff17"][quote="Doulton777"][quote="stoff17"][quote="Doulton777"]

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Thank you

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Make sure your not on Tapatalk when you do it. Go to web view if your on your phone. If you go to your page. Copy from the address bar. Then go to your sig and paste it. And add it in there. That should work for you. Try that.

I did do it on Tapatalk. I’ll give it a go. Thanks

I think i sorted it. Small things in life, sorry to fill up your thread with my incompetence. haha
stoff17
I think i sorted it. Small things in life, sorry to fill up your thread with my incompetence. haha

Ahh na don’t worry about that. Did you work it out?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
I have Warwick curtains samples that the lovely consultant left with me. Have a look. I’m thinking of sheer linen but not sure yet. As I originally choose sheer silk. Which one would be better? I only have the silk samples. As I didn’t think I wanted the linen. But now I think I’m changing my mind.

And instead of having the plastic white and the back of the blockout curtain. It’s going to have this material

3 of the colours together

There’s blockout blinds too. What do you guys think of the colours?

I’m also getting block out blinds. And window shutters. In all the toilets and bathrooms. Blockouts are rating 10. So it’s great quality. Plus any dirt that gets on it slides off.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hey Doulton if you don’t mind me asking how much are you expecting for your curtains (just the sheets and block outs not the shutters) to cost?

Who's the blind company if I can ask? We went to the home show yesterday, but I reckon most of them are snake oil salesmen if they need to be there

emmyawards
Hey Doulton if you don’t mind me asking how much are you expecting for your curtains (just the sheets and block outs not the shutters) to cost?

I got the quote back already. It’s $23,000 for the curtains and block out curtains is only in some of the areas. There was cheaper options she gave me. But I wanted quality. And it’s Warwick brand which is a quality brand. At that’s also at a discounted price. I’m also thinking of going with linen instead. As linen tends to fold better as well.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum