Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New here we are building the Doulton 56 with extension

Page 8 of 77
We extended upstairs over the outside room, they didn't want to do it but our sales consultant was great and helped get it through.
aniazur
We extended upstairs over the outside room, they didn't want to do it but our sales consultant was great and helped get it through.

Yeah we did the same. They don't like doing that. In fact no builder likes it I found.

❤️ the tiles they are going to look amazing.

cant decide
❤️ the tiles they are going to look amazing.

Thank you
. Soon as I walked in Beaumont last year. I thought they are the tiles. Haven't changed my mind since. Or looked at another floor tile to go through the kitchen.

Doulton777
do you know the size of the kitchen cupboards height in the display home?
In my estimate they are said to be 800mm however I think the displays are upgrades.
Also did you request or get the Doulton display home option list?
Thanks
stanus
Doulton777
In my estimate they are said to be 800mm however I think the displays are upgrades.
Thanks

No im not sure about that. Didn't measure it. We didn't get the list as we picked the doulton off the plan before it was even built. And we put a lot of our upgrades in that way beforehand. Plus we didn't think the cupboards sizes would be different. That's interesting.

Did you know the doulton appliance bench is bigger in the display then what they give us on standard plan? I Was a bit disappointed on that. We took the measuring tape to measure it. I think it's 400mm less going by memory.

stanus
Doulton777
Thanks

I just checked it. In my promo that includes 800mm cupboards.

We are also building Doulton 56 with Wembley facade. We have just finished signing the contract. Now waiting for the construction to start. Please keep posting the pictures of different stages of construction if you can. I am so excited.
Doulton777
dulie
Sounds like that tile promo was well worth it!!

Oh definitely. It was so good to finally go to a selection and not have it being in the $30,000 to over $40,000. To be honest I thought it was a catch. I thought I bet that won't include labor etc... but it did. And it's good to actually see someone know about it. The tile consultant knew straight off about the deal. Usually with m. One person tells you something another person tells you something completely different. Except for my consultant. She won't tell you anything unless she really knows the answer.

We also have Porcelain tiles all over including Ensuites and powder room from floor to walls except outdoors. It is costing us around $30k.
Sanuaka
We are also building Doulton 56 with Wembley facade. We have just finished signing the contract. Now waiting for the construction to start. Please keep posting the pictures of different stages of construction if you can. I am so excited.

Oh wow so glad I have someone else that's building the doulton. And with Wembley facade. I almost made a post to see if anyone else is building the Doulton. When does your site start?

Sanuaka
Doulton777
dulie
Sounds like that tile promo was well worth it!!

Oh definitely. It was so good to finally go to a selection and not have it being in the $30,000 to over $40,000. To be honest I thought it was a catch. I thought I bet that won't include labor etc... but it did. And it's good to actually see someone know about it. The tile consultant knew straight off about the deal. Usually with m. One person tells you something another person tells you something completely different. Except for my consultant. She won't tell you anything unless she really knows the answer.

We also have Porcelain tiles all over including Ensuites and powder room from floor to walls except outdoors. It is costing us around $30k.

Where are you building? When did you put the deposit down? Because there was a promo going and it was pay $11,000 and get all porcelain tiles floor tiles throughout the whole house? And that's including the extension.

I will for sure be taking lots of pics. I actually bought a camera for it. It's suppose to zoom in 84 times

Oh I just remembered I think there's about two other people building the doulton. Can't wait to see everyone's progress.

Yeah I can't wait to see one of the Doulton house gang actually post some construction pics up!!!
dulie
Yeah I can't wait to see one of the Doulton house gang actually post some construction pics up!!!

You and me both lol

So D777 you are saying the kitchen bench were the cooker is on the plans is smaller by 400mm. According to the plan it is 650mm in size?
I said I wanted the cooker were the one in display is i.e. at the window.
stanus
So D777 you are saying the kitchen bench were the cooker is on the plans is smaller by 400mm. According to the plan it is 650mm in size?

The appliance bench is the one with the window. And yes it's smaller then the display. We went there and measured it. Unless you requested for it to be like the display in size. Then it won't be. If you notice on the plan the bench doesn't go all the way too the wall? I'm assuming that's the space we have lost.

Oh no sorry there's no gap there. But I have been told the the doulton display was about 58sq

stanus

Can you post your plans?

stanus

What did you mean 660mm? Are you saying smaller by 660mm.

at the moment I have not got my plans. That's the next stage with the prelim. contract. Early stages at the moment
The plan I have is of the Doulton but not the display. It is evident from the kitchen were the gas cooker is not next to the window but were the ovens are in the display.
here is the display plan pic of the kitchen
http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh490/stano73/20170311_194014_zpsfrcp8qe6.jpg
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum