Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New here we are building the Doulton 56 with extension

Page 60 of 77
Doulton777
Brenton41
Doulton777
Looks like decking has been done. I don’t know why metricon don’t stain it. Anyone have any ideas on staining it? Are we better off getting someone to do it? Or is it easy too do? I want to it be prefect

viewtopic.php?t=86597

What type of timber is it? Merbeau? Cutek is a good brand that I’ve used on large areas of Merbeau and it lasts well in direct sun light. Don’t go cheap of you will be redoing it a lot. Might help to hose it down over the next week or so before hand to bleed it out.

It’s blackbutt. That’s one thing I never do is go cheap on anything. I always like to get quality. It last longer.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I assume it bleeds like Merbeau when it’s wet and unsealed. Up to you but I’d go with Cutek and you will love the result. Water pretty much beads off of it. It will come up sweet.
Brenton41
Doulton777
Brenton41
[quote="Doulton777"]Looks like decking has been done. I don’t know why metricon don’t stain it. Anyone have any ideas on staining it? Are we better off getting someone to do it? Or is it easy too do? I want to it be prefect

viewtopic.php?t=86597

What type of timber is it? Merbeau? Cutek is a good brand that I’ve used on large areas of Merbeau and it lasts well in direct sun light. Don’t go cheap of you will be redoing it a lot. Might help to hose it down over the next week or so before hand to bleed it out.

It’s blackbutt. That’s one thing I never do is go cheap on anything. I always like to get quality. It last longer.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

I assume it bleeds like Merbeau when it’s wet and unsealed. Up to you but I’d go with Cutek and you will love the result. Water pretty much beads off of it. It will come up sweet.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I will check it out. Is it easy to do? Or should we get someone in to do it?

viewtopic.php?t=86597
deck looks beautiful! If you want the stain perfect, you have to do it yourself. Use sikkens, takes 3 coats, 24 hours between each application. Its pricey, but best on the market.

No way some painter is gonna return 3 times over 3 days to stain the deck for you. They'll use some single coat rubbish.
Doulton777
You know it’s time to move house when you find something like this crawling on your shoulder

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Wth! That wood have given the wifey a heart attack!

Renman
Doulton777
You know it’s time to move house when you find something like this crawling on your shoulder

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Wth! That wood have given the wifey a heart attack!

Hahahaha it was crawling on my shoulder
I flicked him off. But then I felt sorry for him. I didn’t want to let him go I was thinking about keeping him. But I knew it was for the best

viewtopic.php?t=86597
dulie
deck looks beautiful! If you want the stain perfect, you have to do it yourself. Use sikkens, takes 3 coats, 24 hours between each application. Its pricey, but best on the market.

No way some painter is gonna return 3 times over 3 days to stain the deck for you. They'll use some single coat rubbish.

Thanks Dulie will look into them both. I just want it too last. That’s builders for you using the cheaper stuff. Knowing my ss he would have made them do it really good. I think his a bit of a perfectionist. You can tell by how many defects there are. His even getting the painters back to get them to fix up the feature walls. Even if it’s intolerance

So glad we got him.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Testing

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Looks great D77!
Love how the darker parts jump out at you like your pet spider..
Doulton777
Looking good

Quirmeball1280
Looks great D77!
Love how the darker parts jump out at you like your pet spider..

Hahahahaha thanks

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Renman
Doulton777
Looking good

Thanks ren. I was actually testing my sig Hahahaha as this site is frustrating. My sig was cut off at the pic part

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Renman
Doulton777
Looking good

Thanks ren. I was actually testing my sig Hahahaha as this site is frustrating. My sig was cut off at the pic part

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Seems to be working now.

Renman
Doulton777
Renman
[quote="Doulton777"]Testing

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Looking good

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Seems to be working now.

[/quote]

Yeah except it wasn’t the pic I wanted 🤨

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Hopefully this works

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Hopefully this works

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Oh darts it still didn’t work

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Nice lighting for pictures, loving the contrast in external colours!
Bethany

Thanks Bethany. I been getting a lot of people saying that about external colours. I wanted to make it different. Not the normal usual colours. Yeah the lighting does set it off nicely. If only you could post videos on here. My daughter did a tour video on the house inside.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Bethany

Thanks Bethany. I been getting a lot of people saying that about external colours. I wanted to make it different. Not the normal usual colours. Yeah the lighting does set it off nicely. If only you could post videos on here. My daughter did a tour video on the house inside.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Post it to YouTube and share the link

Scaffolding is up getting ready for the chandelier. Electrician will meet us there in the morning to find out where we wanted it and the position is it.

viewtopic.php?t=86597
Doulton777
Scaffolding is up getting ready for the chandelier. Electrician will meet us there in the morning to find out where we wanted it and the position is it.

viewtopic.php?t=86597

Loving view from the entrance! Love the stairs

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum