Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Eden Brae – Advantage Series "standard" ranges?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Hoping someone that has recently built with Eden Brae and may be able to share the options they were given for PGH / Kitchen Culture / Di Lorenzo etc.

My wife and I are trying to get an idea of what currently sits within the standard ranges (ie. not upgraded price) for kitchen materials, brick options, and flooring – and anything else I haven't thought of.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, we're currently building with EB (for the second time)
You need to go out to PGH yard at Schofields and they can tell you exactly what is standard range for your house, and give you printouts of what any upgrade costs are, and can also give you some addresses of bricks you are looking at so you can see them built.
For DiLorenzo, the standard tile choices are actually a LOT better than they were when we built 8 years ago - there's an entire double sided wall with about 50-60 different tile schemes (groups of floor, wall & feature tile) for bathrooms and splash backs, so quite a lot to choose from there.
We have our selections next week, so can't really comment on kitchens yet, but we've got about a 6 grand provision in our tender for kitchen upgrades (not including sink and a few other things we upgraded separately in the tender already.

Hope this helps you out, what are you building by the way?

Thanks for the reply!

We're building a modified London 24 – we moved the fridge into the pantry area and now have a nice long bench.

We've also factored in about $5k of upgrades for kitchen but I think this will go fast – a lot of this will go to additional drawers, waterfall/40mm (depending on pricing we will choose one - or both), soft-close runners and hinges and a few other things.

What are you building?
ncjc
Hi all,

Hoping someone that has recently built with Eden Brae and may be able to share the options they were given for PGH / Kitchen Culture / Di Lorenzo etc.

My wife and I are trying to get an idea of what currently sits within the standard ranges (ie. not upgraded price) for kitchen materials, brick options, and flooring – and anything else I haven't thought of.

Thanks in advance!

We are buildng the Waldorf that is the prestige series so we were able to choose bricks from range A & B then the cost started going up.

Range A : Dorset, Hampshire, Kent, Surry, Outback, Coral, Wheat, Dark Rum, Silica

Range B: Gibson, Kalahari, Sahara, Simpson, Sinai, Gravel, Stone, Smokey Grey, Ghania

We chose Stone (previously called Cement)

Again I am not sure what is standard for the kitchen and tiles in the "advantage" series.

We were pleasantly surprised at the range of standard tiles at Di Lorenzo and we selected a grey tile (colour : steel) for the floor and upgraded the size to 450 x 450. We also chose a standard carpet but upgraded the underlay to 10mm and it was quoted as $8/square metre
We chose Tempo Ice white Gloss for the wall tiles - standard range. (laundry) and Steel Gloss tile for bathroom tiles (standard).

The tiles are ceramic.

The carpet we will decide depending on price. The standard one we liked was Minster California Gully II - 94 Gravel and the upgraded one we are getting a quote on is Quest Rochford - colour: Downly Fluff . The price is $45 per square metre but with the $27 per square metre credit it will cost $18 /square m.

We have not got the final cost as we were only there yesterday.

In our package we had a choice of 3 Esasstone colours as standard and 3 glass splashbacks as standards. The Laminex cupboards were standard. You will need to check with Home Options Gallery.

The middle darker colour is our floor colour (it is lighter and more grey than the photo) and the lighter tile is our bathrooms, laundry, balcony etc ie wet areas
dreamh0me
ncjc
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

We are buildng the Waldorf that is the prestige series so we were able to choose bricks from range A & B then the cost started going up.

Range A : Dorset, Hampshire, Kent, Surry, Outback, Coral, Wheat, Dark Rum, Silica

Range B: Gibson, Kalahari, Sahara, Simpson, Sinai, Gravel, Stone, Smokey Grey, Ghania

Again I am not sure what is standard for the kitchen and tiles in the "advantage" series.

We were pleasantly surprised at the range of standard tiles at Di Lorenzo and we selected a grey tile (colour : steel) for the floor and upgraded the size to 450 x 450. We also chose a standard carpet but upgraded the underlay to 10mm and it was quoted as $8/square metre
We chose Tempo Ice white Gloss for the wall tiles - standard range. (laundry) and Steel Gloss tile for bathroom tiles (standard).

The tiles are ceramic.

The carpet we will decide depending on price. The standard one we liked was Minster California Gully II - 94 Gravel and the upgraded one we are getting a quote on is Quest Rochford - colour: Downly Fluff . The price is $45 per square metre but with the $27 per square metre credit it will cost $18 /square m.

In our package we had a choice of 3 Esasstone colours as standard and 3 glass splashbacks as standards. The Laminex cupboards were standard. You will need to check with Home Options Gallery.

The middle darker colour is our floor colour (it is lighter and more grey than the photo) and the lighter tile is our bathrooms, laundry, balcony etc ie wet areas

Thank you so much!

ncjc
Thanks for the reply!

We're building a modified London 24 – we moved the fridge into the pantry area and now have a nice long bench.

We've also factored in about $5k of upgrades for kitchen but I think this will go fast – a lot of this will go to additional drawers, waterfall/40mm (depending on pricing we will choose one - or both), soft-close runners and hinges and a few other things.

What are you building?

We just completed our kitchen very recently. A set of draws will set you back about $950

If you are considering doing 40mm stone with a waterfall your $5K budget definitely won't be sufficient. We upgraded the 20mm stone on the island to 40mm and that costed us $3434.20 alone.

The total amount we spent on the kitchen was just over $14K.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
"Building an Eden Brae Waldorf 50 in North Kellyville"
Blog: http://waldorf50.blogspot.com.au
Thanks Bruce.

Yeah unlikely on both — we are leaning mostly toward just the waterfall (one one side) — but depending on how tender plays out we may have additional budget/some items may be included.

We're building the Drysdale 27

ncjc
Thanks Bruce.

Yeah unlikely on both — we are leaning mostly toward just the waterfall (one one side) — but depending on how tender plays out we may have additional budget/some items may be included.

Just remember it's not just the kitchen you will have to upgrade. There is the electrical plan, the air conditioning perhaps, tiles, carpet/underlay, bricks unless you can find one in your standard range, rendering if you are going for that partially.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
Yeah we've built in a provisional sum for electrical, have ducted priced in, and have some budget for others on top of the $5k provisional for the kitchen.

In reality we won't (can*t) splash out too much, so we'll keep it conservative.
ncjc
Yeah we've built in a provisional sum for electrical, have ducted priced in, and have some budget for others on top of the $5k provisional for the kitchen.

In reality we won't (can*t) splash out too much, so we'll keep it conservative.

Good luck!

I can tell you we signed off on our final variations. About $75K worth to be honest.

Kind Regards,

Bruce
You also have 4 bedrooms each with ensuites!!

ncjc
You also have 4 bedrooms each with ensuites!!

Indeed

Kind Regards,

Bruce
Hello all
I m going to build Eden brae - marina 37. Could
Anybody suggest right thread for Eden brae home? Or Marina in particular? I m
Struggling to
Find one. Thanks

readytomove
Hello all
I m going to build Eden brae - marina 37. Could
Anybody suggest right thread for Eden brae home? Or Marina in particular? I m
Struggling to
Find one. Thanks

Yup! Look up "Who else is building with Eden Brae?"

Kind Regards,

Bruce
We now need tiger tails. Anyone gave advice who is the most reasonable
ncjc
dreamh0me
ncjc
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

The tiles are ceramic.

Hi dreamhome, can you please share the full upgrades list as shown in this picture here.

Thank you so much!

Ausgrid was cheaper than Sydney Tiger tails but the they reduced the price. They were $25 more than Ausgrid but they have been relaiable and still waiting to hear back fro Ausgrid!

Sydney Tiger Tails

T: 02 9608 8033

W: www.sydneytigertails.com
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

12/02/2024
Resilient mounts with standard 13mm plasterboard

Building A New House

What we have done in a few theatres ( including my own) is run 2 layers of 13mm gyprock, but sounds insulation especially for the bass is really tricky as a lot of that…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum