Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The epic home building race - HANDOVER FINALLY!!!

Page 5 of 25
fleabee86
ruraldoc
Wow, busy day today... and I often get home late

But nope, no slab yet... as of 10am today when my wife went to check. She saw a man lay more rio, but then she had to go to work.
Anzac Day tomorrow so I will sneak a peek at some stage tomorrow.

It's getting close though

So close I can taste it!!::lol:: Off to ANZAC day school parade!
Back from our first Anzac Day parade.

Stopped by the house (err.. almost) and we are one step closer!

C'mon slab!
Wooo hoo your boxed up and ready to roll!! I think tomorrow will be a good day for you rural.

Tribe7
Wooo hoo your boxed up and ready to roll!! I think tomorrow will be a good day for you rural.

Hope so!!

This upcoming month will be very very busy...
leaving for Brisbane airport on Thursday morning
this week - work conference (son and wife get to come too for our 2nd visit to Cairns)
next 3 weeks - final preparations for baby
end of May - baby will be ready to come out!

Incidentally, how soon will we be able to stalk your build? Sounds like you are just a few more steps to completing the contract stage...
Just seen your thread and following. Hope you get slabbed up soon
ruraldoc
Tribe7

Hope so!!

this week - work conference (son and wife get to come too for our 2nd visit to Cairns)

Incidentally, how soon will we be able to stalk your build? Sounds like you are just a few more steps to completing the contract stage...

Oh come on rural the suspense is killing me..... any exciting news to share??

Oh nice that little holiday has come at a perfect time. Enjoy your trip tomorrow

Gosh is it only a month till babe will be here?? wow that's come around quickly. Please don't say that to your wife, I think if someone said that to me in the last weeks on my pregnancy I would of clawed there eyes out and ate them

Your welcome for a look any time your coming past rural, we actually live 750m down the road from our block, it's going to kill me while we are building because I can see them

Tribe7
ruraldoc
Tribe7

Hope so!!

Oh come on rural the suspense is killing me..... any exciting news to share??

Oh nice that little holiday has come at a perfect time. Enjoy your trip tomorrow

Gosh is it only a month till babe will be here?? wow that's come around quickly. Please don't say that to your wife, I think if someone said that to me in the last weeks on my pregnancy I would of clawed there eyes out and ate them

Your welcome for a look any time your coming past rural, we actually live 750m down the road from our block, it's going to kill me while we are building because I can see them

So it rained heavily all day... did not take into account the weather!!
And I was at work all day.
Wife was busy packing but saw no action when she checked earlier today.
Hopefully some dry spells for the rest of the week, so that they can get that concrete down!!
Alas, we won't know until we come back next week...

On a different note, yup.. wife is very over it. But we would rather have baby out later and healthy than early with its risks of premature birth!!

I feel the same. It's way too easy for us to drive down our street. Our future neighbours think we are hooning haha!! (we aren't that loud) Incidentally, I told my wife where you guys were when we drove through Boonah the other day. Will definitely take a sticky beak... and yep, I'm sure you will seen find out what car we drive! haha

We are in Brisbane now, for a good fresh morning start to the airport tomorrow. Our son is so excited about the trip, and somehow... he says he remembers the big manmade lagoon in the CBD (even though he was only 2 yrs old at the time!)

Enjoy the rest of your week!
em-n-craig
Just seen your thread and following. Hope you get slabbed up soon

Thanks! No slab today as already mentioned!! Or at least I dont know if there is. I could ask our builders if they will still slab even if its got terribly drenched today in our town.

Your acreage build looks amazing. As mentioned before, she was really in love with an acreage house design we initially picked, but then I trumped her with a smaller piece of land in town. She still got a sizeable sewing room though. We go up to Caboolture from time to time. A good friend lives there. Might try to find out where you guys are!

All the best!
Enjoy your little holiday!! Looking forward to seeing some concrete photos when you're back

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Hi all!

We were slabbed yesterday or the day before! No great photos as wife is in crutches and couldn't climb our big hill at the front. But definitely slabbed!
Framing to start today as well as per our builders. Building the frames on site!

Photos later. I'm at work now and tried to update all you keen interested people, as it's been a busy time since we got back from Cairns.
I hope your wife is ok!!

Super excited to see pics!!!
Yayyyy
can't wait for pics

Hope you're wife is ok...

Thanks! Wife is OK. She is bursting at the seams, we are nearly there. Crutches are for a crook knee that is playing up so she uses them for support.

Otherwise pics from this morning before work. Don't mind the shadowy person in the photo.😜

ruraldoc
Thanks! Wife is OK. She is bursting at the seams, we are nearly there. Crutches are for a crook knee that is playing up so she uses them for support.

Otherwise pics from this morning before work. Don't mind the shadowy person in the photo.

Yayyy
how exciting!!! That's awesome! Wait till it's all up and you can walk through it

Congratulations! Glad wifey is ok too

Hey rural,

Great to see an update, con slab actions firstly. Huge step forward. Agree with CB bring on the pics.

I hope your all well rested from your trip, little concerning Mrs Rural is on crutches this late into her pregnancy. Hope she and the babe are alright.

Ok so I had a dumb moment, typed half msg and didn't finish it, glad your wife is ok and nothing major happened.

Wooo hooo to the frame prep.

Yea.. she likes to do everything difficult.. actually no she doesn't!! We will figure it out nonetheless.

Thanks everyone. Really pleased with some progress. I was already looking at the framing today and thought... uh rooms small??? also slab is giant...
my brain and eyes are so confused looking at it.

I agree, will need to wait till we can actually walk through the house!
Had a walk on our slab today and the back of the house is up!

Pics overload coming...😱

From the kerb

Facing from the back of house

Looking through the kids area towards the front of house

Our master suite...cozy

From standing in our portico

Soon to be driveway when it's all done
You don't see many builders building the wall frame on site. Are they doing the same for the roof frame? Enjoying your build, thanks, Bruce

OMG Rural!!!! That's awesome! How exciting!!!
Makes it all feel real now

Hope wifey is taking it easy!
Keep the pics coming!!!!!
Looking good Rural
Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum