Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The epic home building race - HANDOVER FINALLY!!!

Page 14 of 25
Haha almost broke the internet!
Looks great rural! Will you redo the fence or leave it? It would be awesome to have a PA door to that playground. It looks like you will have lots of room around the house too. Such a perfect spot for your family to grow up!

shellu
Looks great rural! Will you redo the fence or leave it? It would be awesome to have a PA door to that playground. It looks like you will have lots of room around the house too. Such a perfect spot for your family to grow up!

Hehe.. did not honestly know what a PA door was.. Googled it.

But yeah we can definitely walk through to the fence, or walk around it to get to the playground no problems.

Would definitely change the eyesore of a fence that it is.. or perhaps repaint it or something, but probably not immediately. It is a very sturdy fence though.
ruraldoc
shellu

Hehe.. did not honestly know what a PA door was.. Googled it.

But yeah we can definitely walk through to the fence, or walk around it to get to the playground no problems.

Would definitely change the eyesore of a fence that it is.. or perhaps repaint it or something, but probably not immediately. It is a very sturdy fence though.

Ha ha sorry Rural. I'm all studied up on my shed building terminology! Anyway if there's nothing wrong with the fence then that's great! Paint might be nice though.

Congratulations 'Ruraldoc' - it all seems to be coming together for you! Thanks for sharing your journey. I've just made my way through your posts. Entertaining and truly epic! After a false start with another builder we are about to commence a build with Dixon in Griffin so I was keen to see what you thought and how the process went. Great pics by the way! And I love your exterior column lights!
Thanks for your kind words. It's absolutely been generally positive so far. Certainly being a bit more regional the pace is slower than we would have wanted but we will get there soon!

I hope Dixon Brisbane do well for you. There is another Dixon Brisbane build by fleabee86 if you haven't already found it. Though she is building down south Logan area!

Our builder as I understand is a local builder trading with the Dixon franchise. All the subbies are local which is nice. They all seem to love their work too.. not a misstep yet.

However as you can we are looking at fittings and detail work this week. Hope they deliver awesomeness!

If you will be running your own thread would love to see it!
KITCHEN IS IN! (And so is the sewing bench...) the skirtings are looking nice. Shame they will be painted white.

Our bub showing amazement at the progress.

Oops.. that's a redo. Haha.

Not sure what I think about the phone port being off the bench... hmm.

Can make some big quilts on those benches!
Oh wow, kitchen and sewing bench look fantastic.... and the most adorable little one you have - just wanna kiss those chubby little cheeks!!!

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Oh my what a cute little chubby one!!! She is to die for!! Love me some chubby babies, gorgeous!!!

Kitchen is looking tops, what awesome progress you are having
The baby pic takes the prize this time...bugger the kitchen lol

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
awwww look at your bubba!!!!!!!
and your island!!!! oh em gee!!!
She is just so cute... and fell asleep in my arms as we walked around. I think once we got to her room she said that's enough. Hehe.

Otherwise tried to show the wife late today her sewing bench... and we've been officially locked out!

Congrats on being locked out and your lovely kitchen
D

Omg.. baby Tori is SO cute.
Love the kitchen.. probably love it more coz it's ours!?

Admittedly, since we've been discovered nearby park-goers have been dumping their birthday party rubbish in our tip --> including beer bottles... gah <--, I'm glad they have fully locked the house. There is dangerous and precious equipment in there stored by our awesome tradies. Also important materials we don't want to have replace either!
Hi Ruraldoc, your baby is so cute! The house looks great so far, not long until it's finished. What plans do you have for the outside, like gardens etc?
Your front has a fair slope on it still, mine is a lot steeper, but I am still working out what to do with it.
Are you painting the house inside one colour? We will be using three colours in the house.
Cheers
Hey Lorri!

Thanks we are quietly hoping early September for PCI and/or handover.

We have contracted for two colours only though we could get the painter to do more if we pay him direct. At the time we were trying to keep some costs down before we got too complicated. Most of the house will be a basic white.. canvas white. Then the baby and sewing rooms will be a light violet or mauve. I'm not sure of the exact colour now.

Otherwise landscaping is a work in progress and not finalised yet. Once I get a draft done, I'll get my landscaper (the wife) to see if it's doable. We have started collecting spare bricks and rocks from a friend's property to use as paths or a sunken seating area.

Hope all is well with you!
Kitchen looks great, progress is great but it sucks to be locked out
I felt like a prowler trying to peer in! 😝 but alas everyone knows who we are by now so probably won't worry about police. And if I can get in during the day on my days off, I can have a look around anyway!

No updates gotten from SS, but the skirtings are in, doors but not the knobs. Cabinets are in , but not the pantry shelves nor wardrobes. Bath room fixtures not in yet but sitting in our garage. Lots of wiring has gone in. Not waterproofed yet.

Hmm I'm thinking painting and some of the listed stuff above to be done, hopefully starting next week?

Just want our house already. 😵 It's -3degrees here!
Hi Ruraldoc,
We picked 3 colours but no idea of what that cost us, probably best not to know!
landscaping is hard to work out, for us there is an extra problem, down here there are these little critters that eat everything called pademelons, also rabbits, so you have to fence everything or it gets eaten, I know I will be fencing the garden around the house and some other bits like vegie gardens but doing 5 acres is not happening! Cost wise it isn't worth it, they can just hop around all the unfenced area and keep out of the gardens lol.

What is your soil like? We have clay or clay.
Cheers
Ah that would be a very interesting problem for you.. and others on acreage. As we are in town, would worry about birds mostly.

I think we have clay? Our soil was S class which means semi reactive soils? But otherwise we are near creek and we have lots of granite rocks buried just around our house.
The block we are on used to be a community garden so it must be OK for growing!
Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum