Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The epic home building race - HANDOVER FINALLY!!!

Page 11 of 25
Looking great Rural

Lol you can never take too many photos
I still take heaps each time I'm out at the house.
Love the corner tub & walk in shower.

Looking good!!
I take heaps of photos too. You never know when you need to reference something.
What a busy week for us and for the house build!
Grandma has come to visit, I went back to work after some daddy leave. Baby went to her first doctors checkup. Mum got a child health nurse home visit. Lukie has been busy winning prizes at school.

Took grandma and son out to the house today, it was raining! The house is nice and dry though!
Oddly... there aren't any temp drain tubes off the gutter holes.

Bricks have started and looks amazingly neat! A son and father business locally. Met them late last week and they estimated a two week project for them!

This pic shows me why I can't be a tradie.. leaving my gear around!

You can probably spot the little puddles where the water falls through. Good test of our soil drainage?
So mobile posting has some kind of time limit... it resets if you take too long and then I lose all my typing!😖

So continuing my post with more picture spam...
We got our six panel stackers! Such a wide 1800mm opening! Don't worry.. the other panels are hiding in our linen closet. 😝

Otherwise, internals looks like air con is done, machine not installed yet (first pic), about 1/4-1/3 of gyprock left to do, also ceilings. Also measured out our awesome TV wall in the media room. Need to pick a fridge as well because the cabinet maker needs to finalise his measurements.

Dare we dream of a practical completion date soon?

Wow, your bricks are very neat.

Flying along, hopefully you continue so you and your family can settle into your new house soon

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
That is a massive door! Will look amazing.
HI. Just finished reading your thread. Love that big stacker door! Cant wait to see the rest of your build.

Congratulations on your baby news! such an exciting year for you all.
::party::
Bricks are incredibly neat, we had a father/son crew do our painting and they seem to take great pride in their work.
That stacker door will look amazing, they are powering along with your place and are so tidy.
Your place will have amazing street appeal
Oh wow things have come along since last time I looked. Love the bricks the front windows look great too, wish I'd thought about pretty Windows. Omg your stacker door is awesome though. Must be happy seeing it all come together.
Wow Rural, it's looking terrific! PCI can't be too far away for you

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210
Holy moly
that's great progress! Love the door as well
fingers crossed it's not too much longer and you can be in 🤞

charlibear
Wow, your bricks are very neat.

Flying along, hopefully you continue so you and your family can settle into your new house soon

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643

Thanks! Hope yours turns a corner too, CB!!
aloenyx
That is a massive door! Will look amazing.

Thanks! Our house has a few massive things and really happy that we could make this house happen. Can't wait to take a picture of us standing in the kitchen looking out towards the doors when it's all done...
Princesssarrah06
HI. Just finished reading your thread. Love that big stacker door! Cant wait to see the rest of your build.

Congratulations on your baby news! such an exciting year for you all.
::party::

Thanks, Princesssarrah!! And appreciate your following!

Will need to return the favour at some point!
em-n-craig
Bricks are incredibly neat, we had a father/son crew do our painting and they seem to take great pride in their work.
That stacker door will look amazing, they are powering along with your place and are so tidy.

Thanks Craig! Really pleased so far with how it is all turning out. Spoke to the chippies on site one day and they said they loved our layout. So many neighbours and friends are in love with our view and location.
I hope we don't find a negative because so far nothing major noted yet!!

Hope to see your handover update soon!
ABuild
Oh wow things have come along since last time I looked. Love the bricks the front windows look great too, wish I'd thought about pretty Windows. Omg your stacker door is awesome though. Must be happy seeing it all come together.

Thanks so much, ABuild! The windows were in the original house design so played little part in it. However, I admit when I saw the windows go up first time, it was way beyond what I was expecting (and it is awesome..) Was half worried some of our windows not being floor to ceiling ones - they would look small.. but all the windows are just the right size for what we need.

I think our house will definitely have the understated but amazing feel to it.
Bridgetwitch
Wow Rural, it's looking terrific! PCI can't be too far away for you

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

It really does seems like it will be close... (like 1-2 months?) I started this thread highlighting that we had a second child on the way and a massive new house build to go through. She's come out well and healthy and we have a little house rental to manage in, but soon, we will have our spacious home too!
fleabee86
Holy moly
that's great progress! Love the door as well
fingers crossed it's not too much longer and you can be in 🤞

Thanks flea! I'm tempted to mentally put down a finish date in my head...
ruraldoc
em-n-craig

Thanks Craig! Really pleased so far with how it is all turning out. Spoke to the chippies on site one day and they said they loved our layout. So many neighbours and friends are in love with our view and location.

Great to hear you are having a happy build like us, hope it continues that way for the rest of your build
em-n-craig
ruraldoc
em-n-craig

Great to hear you are having a happy build like us, hope it continues that way for the rest of your build

Absolutely, definitely lots of detail and facade work to come now. So if there are any faults, they will be noticed forever and forever!!
Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum