Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds First build - Dakota

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I thought I would share our building journey with all you lovely people and hopefully it is of interest

We are first home buyer in Victoria and have created a blog to document our journey accessible here:-

http://ourfirsthomebuild1.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/we-thought-we-would-create-blog-to.html

I will also post some photos below for you all to have a look at

Would love to hear about anyone else who is building with Simonds and their experience so far.

We are very pleased and excited for our home to be built.

Currently we are nearly a lock up stage and plaster is about to be installed.

- S
Currently:-

http://pasteboard.co/vgjegfLYp.jpg

Hey simondsbuild1, I can't see your photos but checked out you blog and omg you WIR is amazing!
We are building the palisade by simonds, we are still in the admin stage but have had a great experience so far.
Look forward to seeing the rest of you build progress

Hey Casse.f90

Thank you! A lot of people say that.. ha ha. We decided we didn't need 4 spare bedrooms (if you include study) so we decided as the existing WIR was only enough to fit our shoes in, that we would just create a door through to the adjacent bedroom and kit it out as our WIR! No excuse not to be organised and tidy now.

I had trouble posting images - do you know how you make that work? I clicked on IMG and then pasted a link but it didn't show up.

Have you gone to gallery yet? We found it very rushed and speedy, so be well researched before you in and look up who Simonds use as suppliers so you can give a product code for something you want that may not appear in the gallery.

The Palisade is lovely - can't wait to see it come to life for you!

Our electrical plan took us nearly 2 hours to do in gallery!
Yep we've gone through selections and have contract signing tomorrow.
I did find it a little rushed but I had already mapped out where I wanted extra PP's and lights etc. and had a good idea of our colour scheme. I do have a few things to change tomorrow but not a lot. (Hopefully)
I use the app Tapatalk which has an option in the comment section to add photos from your phone. It took me a while to figure it out. Although I still don't know how to stop getting emails with every notification which is very annoying! Haha

Building the Simonds Palisade in Gippsland

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t
Wow love your floor plan! It makes it so much more personal when you've changed it to suit you! Love the facade too!

Hey simondsbuild1 how is your build coming along? Any updates?

Hi all, sorry I am a year late in updating you all.

This is a photo just before we moved in in May 2017.
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum