Feb 04, 2017 8:53 pm
Hi guys, need some advice.
We have almost finalised our quote for the Sahara Lux Q3. There are a few things on the quote that we feel we are being overpriced on. Has anyone built with Henley and have been successful negotiating items at the contract stage? Also, we don't know when our land will title and they are saying that we will have to pay an additional $1000 a month each month the start date gets delayed. Anyone been successful at having this waved? This is our first build and we are a bit lost ehehehe. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Building with Henley2
Feb 05, 2017 7:43 am
Our land is titling approx 12 months after our initial deposit with Henley. Contracts signed in Oct, land was due Jan now not til May. With sales our pricing matrix allowed us a number of months of fixed pricing before being charged additional monthly charges, works out to almost 12 months. I was advised by Sales and Admin that I could forego the pricing matrix so as not to get charged the monthly fee and take the current base price and current promotion which also means dropping the promotion we currently have in our contract. Therefore its a matter of waiting to when site starts to determine which is best option for us. If you want to negotiate, we did this at tender when we felt charges were incorrect or overstated. Contract had no discussion except signing the papers. However contract was signed 7 weeks after Tender and there was a lot of discussion with Admin in between to get the Drawings right and charges were changed accordingly.
With the new branding of Henley, I've put a question into Admin as whether we can still drop the pricing matrix and take new pricing & promotion as previously advised, awaiting response. Inclusions have changed now so asking also what are the changes in case we are being disadvantaged by the pricing matrix on old pricing and promo.
Hope this helps
Sign in or Join to reply to this Topic
bankBuilding with Henley at Fit-Off StageBuilding with Henley at Fit-Off Stage
We are at the same point as you (with jg king) and we are being told we should be in by Christmas. That said though, we have been building for 7 months and our contract…
AshleighBuilding in Woodlea with Henley homesBuilding in Woodlea with Henley homes
I hope things are onwards and upwards from here for you Chels! I'm waiting on Woodlea titles too (Stage 32) waiting patiently...well trying. Some of the stories on here…
HachiRustoBuilding Palace 33 with Henley in West MelBuilding Palace 33 with Henley in West Mel
Thanks for the reply Bruce. How is the build coming along, have you had any issues with Henley and the build? or has it all been going along smoothly?