Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Installing a Power Pit

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I've put in a request to Ausnet to quote on dropping my overhead power to an underground pit but its a 8 week wait which is painful as I'm doing my budget now.

My question is, who has done this and installed a power pit and how much was it? I'm looking at a three phase feed and the distance is only 5m but the pole is in front of my neighbour so need to go under their driveway and under the footpath.

Thanks, Chris.
Hey mate I'm in a similar boat.

Originally I was budgeting 5k for this but understand from friends who had it done recently its closer to 3.5k now.

Price will depend on your supplier I think.

I've also just sent a request to Ausnet, I sent it yesterday. I didn't realise it takes 8 weeks just to get a quote?? Our nearest pole is directly in front of our block, but on the other side of the road. Has anyone had one where the nearest one was across a road? I've no idea how much it will cost.

Christoshizz
Hey mate I'm in a similar boat.

Originally I was budgeting 5k for this but understand from friends who had it done recently its closer to 3.5k now.

Price will depend on your supplier I think.

Thanks for the reply fella ... this makes me smile! Are you looking at single or three phase?

Cheers, Chris.
nikil
I've also just sent a request to Ausnet, I sent it yesterday. I didn't realise it takes 8 weeks just to get a quote?? Our nearest pole is directly in front of our block, but on the other side of the road. Has anyone had one where the nearest one was across a road? I've no idea how much it will cost.

Yeah 8 weeks, what a crock! I got a email this morning from Ausnet and the lady suggest it will be more like three more weeks (four in total) before she gets to be as her workload isn't too bad.

I'm not sure they will cross the road, rather come from down your street or tap in to someone elses pit.

Fingers crossed they don't have to drill all the way across as I reckon they'd sting you for that

Cheers, Chris.
Probably single but depends on what cooling option we put in. Might upgrade it to 3 phase.

Is there a big cost difference between single phase and 3 phase?

No idea. Whatever it is just have to pay it.

Related
7/04/2024
Storm water overflow pit, is this right?

Building A New House

Thanks for that, the PVC pipe is still about 40cm below ground level and it sticks out of the sand with no end cap or anything on it just open pipe, is this the finished…

25/06/2023
Seeking Advice on Installing an Electric Gate with Intercom

Building A New House

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, and I'm looking for some advice regarding my house construction project in North Kellyville. I…

29/06/2023
Installing a new shower do l need a plumber

Bathrooms and Laundry

Ask yourself if the insurance company will be aware of the Reno.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum