Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis - Madison 40

Page 5 of 23
fademan

Did someone say "Discounts"? ...hmmm. I do not recall getting discounts.

well if you get it..then it's a BONUS
They can give you cooling for free. Thats the offer we got and we were also offered a 2k discount on base price. We were originally shown a facade which had a flat roof on the garage and the drawing they gave us had a normal roof. Luckily we put that on e-mail to say, flat roof at no charge. And was able to take a discount on the $ 1600 for the flat roof during tender.

We had a bad experience with PD, mainly due to lack of communication and pricing. We were told the same thing, "to be confirmed at colours/tender" specially for all the credits. Its really hard to go ahead and pick things at WOS because, exact prices are hard to be confirmed. Specially with flooring, render and items already included in promotions. They keep saying credit will apply and the final really not much at all. Then you have a massive price increase at tender ! Which happened to us, luckily we had all mail correspondence with us on the day.

But when we discovered they had a made a typo on the prices and the plan was drawn incorrectly, due to internal communication issues. We decided to walk away. Lost 2k but didn't want to risk the full process. But their designs are beautiful. If you can tolerate and fight through the admin issues you should be fine.
Ok guys, we just put down our deposit. The best we could get was $7999 for refrigerated cooling, with a January start.

We celebrated by going to WoS this afternoon for a few hours to look at kitchen and laundry selections....

Oh boy, here we go....
fademan we are also building the madison, in the 45 variant and site start in january. We got a discount on the aircon too but i think your refigerated worked out cheaper.
Well hello Harry

Maybe we should get our own thread going - have you got a blog? (you can ignore my blog - its private only because I haven't put anything in it yet).

How does mine work out cheaper?
Did you just get the evaporative? We were offered $6999 for refrig if we started in December, but they ran out of spots.

What structural changes have you made? Anything that wasn't an 'option'?
We selected:
- Grand Alfresco;
- Shower to powder;
- Soaker to master;
- Grand Lounge.
Non-standard:
- Bigger pantry (per the display @ point cook);
- Cupboards upstairs against the bathroom wall in the Activity; (got that idea from this forum!!)
- Recessed ceiling to Lounge;
- Stairway landing per display

Happy to swap notes given we're going at the same time!
fademan Great news.
Congrats on securing a Jan 2018 site start. Don't think that it is so far away. It is not trust me. You have enough time ahead to really get it right in terms of structural changes, colour selection, change of mind etc... Remember to also spend time looking at your drawings, pay attention to the specs such as windows size and height, door size and height ground and first floor.

Look over your colour selection doc over and over again to make sure all is good. Even after you have made changes look over again and again. Kitchen Culture doc also.

Harry89 Welcome to the Madison club. Woohoo!! We now have about 7 people building Madison I think.

Looking forward to seeing your progress and your building blog if you plan to have one. I sure will be checking out fademan blog when it is ready.

I am building Madison 40, we have a roof now. You can check out my blog
Have a great week
Hi all,

Is anyone doing knockdown rebuild, and knows approx. costs for demolition and leveling?

Btw I got the price today for contemporary staircase 2 as per Sunbury display...$10k
Natta My brother-in-law did a KDR with Metricon about 2yrs ago. He got a contractor to clean up the site before Metricon started building. The cost was $18K to demolish, cleanup and levelled the site.
Thanks Gio... I just had a quick look at your blog! It's such a great insight through all the stages
Natta thanks. Am glad you like it. I will keep posting as I go. Hopefully end of this week will have more time to write and more pics. I am expecting electrical rough in to be completed and all windows in and may be hebel starting
Quote for demolition that we have is 13k. However, we need a power pit, terminating electricity, gas, sewerage..asbestos...I think it's going to be closer to 16k all up.

fademan can you please give me the company name? I'm trying to get a few quotes in the coming weeks. Whereabouts are you building?
Apply for your power pit asap! Took forever to just get a quote for our then another 8 weeks to install it. It cost a lot more than we expected too.

Hi nikil ...can you get the power pit while still connected to the grid? Ie. Still living there? Do you need to specify 3 phase if you need it?

In other news, we are currently exploring options to sell our house instead of knocking it down. Its actually in pretty good nick...better to get 15k than spending it knocking it down
Hi natta I haven't forgotten you. Wife arranged the quote, will let you know here once I get the details.

Building Bentleigh east, Vic
fademan
Hi natta I haven't forgotten you. Wife arranged the quote, will let you know here once I get the details.

Building Bentleigh east, Vic

I'm not sure, the (overhead) power was already disconnected from the property we purchased for our KDR.

natta ok here it is:

Demolition Zone Pty Ltd
Phone: 0400 148 009
Email: jason@demolitionzone.com.au
Web: www.demolitionzone.com.au

WORKS INCLUDE

A, ASBESTOS

1, Obtain an Asbestos Audit to identify any Asbestos Not Identified at the time of pricing.
2, Submit a 5 Day Notice as per Work Safe requirements.
3, Remove the Asbestos from the Eaves, Power Board and Garage Walls.
4, Obtain an Asbestos Clearance Certificate.

PRICE $1,975.00 + G S T

B, DEMOLITION

1, Obtain the Demolition Permit.
2, Supply and Maintain Temporary Fencing for the duration of the Demolition.
3, Demolish the existing House including Footings, Ground Slabs, Pavements, Garage, Patio, Drive Way, Trees and Shrubs excluding the North and East Boundary Tress.
3, Level and Track Roll the Site at the completion of the Demolition.
4, Obtain a Final Inspection Certificate at the Completion of the Demolition.

PRICE $11,660.00 + G S T

TOTAL PRICE $13,635.00 + G S T = $15k
OK nikil - Pit to Pole application sent via email tonight. The nearest pole is over the street. I bet that will mean it will cost a fortune ;/
fademan
OK nikil - Pit to Pole application sent via email tonight. The nearest pole is over the street. I bet that will mean it will cost a fortune ;/

That was the same for us. It cost $5000. We are with Ausnet. It took them around 15 weeks just to send us the quote then a further 8 weeks to install it.

wtf.....15 weeks? I'm going to follow them up. I didn't even get a confirmation response.

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum