Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis - Madison 40

Page 20 of 23
MikW
fademan
I'm off to a flier.

Someone stole our water meter...that's right, our water meter, sometime on Friday.

Need to lodge a police report to get a new one from south east water.

Our mistake...the temporary fencing was behind it, not in front of it, but seriously, who does that!!!

On the bright side, we have a tap connected to the mains directly because the demo and asbestos guys need it. So free water at our place!

that is just ridiculous, what on earth are they going to do with a water meter? Is it like winding back the odometer on a car? swap the meter every month to reduce your water bill?
They stole a fig tree from my backyard...

see more at
hoffmangoldwithporterdavis.wordpress.com
Figs are yummy though!

Some photos of the work.
Our entire garage was asbestos.

So part 2 --

Rocked up to the house this morning, to find that someone broke in yesterday, and ripped up and stole all the floorboards in the house. This is getting just ridiculous.

Would have been a crew, and it would have taken them hours. Neighbours saw a truck in the driveway @ 7.30am.

WTF.

fademan
So part 2 --

Rocked up to the house this morning, to find that someone broke in yesterday, and ripped up and stole all the floorboards in the house. This is getting just ridiculous.

Would have been a crew, and it would have taken them hours. Neighbours saw a truck in the driveway @ 7.30am.

WTF.

OMG the balls on some people - they would have had to scope it out and plan it and everything - WTF! Is there really that big a market for 2nd hand floorboards?
fademan
Figs are yummy though!

Hope they were worth the many years the person who stole them will spend in jail. BTW its not so funny as I beleive 2 weeks later the same guy stabbed 2 peop le out the front of my house who were taken away close to death...

see more at
fademan
So part 2 --

WTF.

WTH?

Hope you weren't planning on using the floorboards from the old house at least?
Hurrow
fademan
So part 2 --

WTF.

WTH?

Hope you weren't planning on using the floorboards from the old house at least?
No, wasn't planning on using them, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a shock!

Work has started. PD had to start by the end of February so that we didn't incur any penalties with our developer. On cue works started on the 28th. We are scheduled for a slab pour this coming Friday 9th March. So far so good. excavation done, pegs laid out.... next will come the footings and the waffle pods. The base supervisor all but conceded that we did the right thing in engaging Darbecca, by saying that they always pick up little things here and there before the slab pour. Worth the $550 for peace of mind I say. Photo's on my blog if you are interested in seeing a whole lot of dirt
Hi mate, all the best. You're at least, or around, four weeks ahead of me?

We just had the second soil test come back...not sure how long it'll take from now to get going?
Went to visit the Madison 40at Clyde today, it looks great. They have made a couple of interesting custom mods to the downstairs floor plan, think I prefer the standard plan more. Happened to bump into and meet inphaze & charly6s , so cool to meet you guys and compare notes. Let’s see how the race goes to finish our houses go. The new display had some nice finishes and it was good to see that they specified some of the upgrades that we have in our own home, which made it cool to see them in a finished house.
MikW
Went to visit the Madison 40at Clyde today, it looks great. They have made a couple of interesting custom mods to the downstairs floor plan, think I prefer the standard plan more. Happened to bump into and meet inphaze & charly6s , so cool to meet you guys and compare notes. Let’s see how the race goes to finish our houses go. The new display had some nice finishes and it was good to see that they specified some of the upgrades that we have in our own home, which made it cool to see them in a finished house.
Didn't realise that there was one down there. When did it open?

Any photos to share?

MikW

Oh really Clyde, cool it's about 10mins drive from where I am. Will go check it out when I am back in melbourne.
Look on PD website there are no pics? You got photos?
Gio
MikW

Oh really Clyde, cool it's about 10mins drive from where I am. Will go check it out when I am back in melbourne.
Look on PD website there are no pics? You got photos?
Trust them to open one down there now!

Don't know about you, but we did the 1+h trip up to Sunbury to see the 40 Last year! Argh...

Hi There! We checked out the Madison at Clyde today. Was worth the long trip out to see some new ideas and some of the changes we selected for our build. For those considering a shower in the powder room, you can see it at the Clyde display. There is a door to close in the study and they have omitted the void in the wall between the study and the living room. We liked the built in window seat in the upstairs activity area. The ensuite also appears to be more like the standard inclusion as it does not have a soaker tub . While the photos do not seem to capture it, it has a darker colour palette than the Sunbury or Point Cook displays. Here are a few photos we took...

Madison40_PD
Hi There! We checked out the Madison at Clyde today. Was worth the long trip out to see some new ideas and some of the changes we selected for our build. For those considering a shower in the powder room, you can see it at the Clyde display. There is a door to close in the study and they have omitted the void in the wall between the study and the living room. We liked the built in window seat in the upstairs activity area. The ensuite also appears to be more like the standard inclusion as it does not have a soaker tub . While the photos do not seem to capture it, it has a darker colour palette than the Sunbury or Point Cook displays. Here are a few photos we took...

The main reason we purchased the hoffman was the void from the study to the loungeroom. Its a shame they have removed that as its a highlight of PD's design.

see more at
Went to Clyde today before the F1.

Boy was it windy! Only porter Davis, boutique homes and home maker centre were open.

I'm not sure that I liked some of the changes, including the ensuite configuration. I think it sacrificed space.

I really liked the al fresco configuration though, especially how the tiles go beyond the area, I might do the same. The day bed upstairs was interesting!

fademan Hey mate, how are things going with your build? We are tracking pretty well with the Hebel work just commencing.
Already at Hebel stage? You're well ahead of us...site scrape next week and slab pour 31/05 (apparently).

Would you believe we ran into yet another problem that delayed us (after our water meter was stolen)...I posted it on the main PD thread...our block is over two titles, and literally a week before we were due to goto site they realised that to build over the second title requires town planning work (merging two titles). Would have taken up to 6 months! We had to sacrifice some of our extended garage as a result, to fit the house on the single title. (About 600mm). That meant new plans etc etc.... Very very annoying, as we asked them about this literally in our first meeting at sales, noted that the second title wasn't on the plans at tender or contract...Zzzzz.

Anyway, what about you guys? Going smoothly? Happy with the quality of the work? Photos?

Never mind, just read your update on the other thread

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum