Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis - Madison 40

Page 18 of 23
Congrats!!
Gio
Move in update
We got the keys on the 12th, got all deliveries done on the 13th, fireplace and curtains/shutters installed on the 15th and moved in the 16th Dec and finished unpacking on the 20th Dec. It was a very exhausting 7days...working late nights/early morning. Mounting 3x TVs to wall, putting up photo frames, assembling the beds, cabinets, bookshelves and unpacking homewares, glasswares etc..i was drowning..thought it was never going to make it...Installed a temporary letterbox which I picked up at bunnings for $15 on special.

Landscaping is in progress got 8 cubic of soil delivered before xmas, levelling done, getting sleepers delivered tomorrow to start framing up the garden beds, another 8 cubic of soil later next week after that turfing and the side gates installed. Glad that I resume work in Feb. Will post more pics later.

Wow mate, you have put in the big ones in the lead up to Christmas. Hope you are able to start enjoying the house now and you don't have too many defects to chase them up over.
Congratulations Gio!
Cannot believe how much you have achieved since receiving the keys
Re fitting your blinds a couple of days after moving in - did you get access to the house prior to handover for your curtain/blind maker to come and do the measurements?
When you get a chance to come up for a breath, I'd love to see some photos of the finished product

After 8 months delay due to the developer, fingers crossed we may have a site start by late Jan. PD have been excellent, we have a great BC at the moment. We settled on our land finally in December (was supposed to be be March and a site start in August at the latest) however Brooke our BC is hoping for a late January site start, maybe early Feb. It just depends on when the permits get signed off
Madison40builder
Congratulations Gio!
Re fitting your blinds a couple of days after moving in - did you get access to the house prior to handover for your curtain/blind maker to come and do the measurements?
When you get a chance to come up for a breath, I'd love to see some photos of the finished product

After 8 months delay due to the developer, fingers crossed we may have a site start by late Jan. PD have been excellent, we have a great BC at the moment. We settled on our land finally in December (was supposed to be be March and a site start in August at the latest) however Brooke our BC is hoping for a late January site start, maybe early Feb. It just depends on when the permits get signed off

We haven't had handover yet but had permission from site supervisor to allow curtain contractor in for a measure and quote. They are very accomodating if we communicate in advance and arrange a date and time.
MikW
Gio
Move in update
We got the keys on the 12th, got all deliveries done on the 13th, fireplace and curtains/shutters installed on the 15th and moved in the 16th Dec and finished unpacking on the 20th Dec. It was a very exhausting 7days...working late nights/early morning. Mounting 3x TVs to wall, putting up photo frames, assembling the beds, cabinets, bookshelves and unpacking homewares, glasswares etc..i was drowning..thought it was never going to make it...Installed a temporary letterbox which I picked up at bunnings for $15 on special.

Landscaping is in progress got 8 cubic of soil delivered before xmas, levelling done, getting sleepers delivered tomorrow to start framing up the garden beds, another 8 cubic of soil later next week after that turfing and the side gates installed. Glad that I resume work in Feb. Will post more pics later.

Wow mate, you have put in the big ones in the lead up to Christmas. Hope you are able to start enjoying the house now and you don't have too many defects to chase them up over.

There are some areas upstairs the floor squeaks, a bit annoying. Already spoke to my SS about it. It will be sorted next week. Carpet will have to be removed in the activity room and floorboards to be screwed again.
Madison40builder
Congratulations Gio!

Madison40builder I got the blinds company to go in once the skirting and architraves was installed to take the measurements. Just let your SS know whenever you need to send them in to take measurement.
BLOG UPDATED
I have updated my blog today with some pics. You will find fireplace, curtains, landscaping progress, xmas etc..

Tip before moving in
If you are building a double storey and have timber staircase, make sure you protect the steps, handrail and post with bubble wrap to avoid chipping on moving day. Removalist can be rough.

I bought a 100metre x500mm roll from ebay to wrap up some glassware and used whatever was left to protect the stairscase. I have now given all my empty boxes and wrapping to a mate who also moving in his new house in Feb.

https://www.ebay.com.au/b/Bubble-Cushio ... n_16571570
Gio
BLOG UPDATED
I have updated my blog today with some pics. You will find fireplace, curtains, landscaping progress, xmas etc..

Tip before moving in
If you are building a double storey and have timber staircase, make sure you protect the steps, handrail and post with bubble wrap to avoid chipping on moving day. Removalist can be rough.

I bought a 100metre x500mm roll from ebay to wrap up some glassware and used whatever was left to protect the stairscase. I have now given all my empty boxes and wrapping to a mate who also moving in his new house in Feb.

Love the sheer curtains.

And the doggies on the bar stools

Gio
BLOG UPDATED

Tip before moving in

Great Blog Gio. Heaps of information and photos. Thanks for sharing information in detail.
gio - hey mate, hope you are enjoying your new home and settling in. thanks for all of your tips and advice on your journey.
Gio
@fademan

Kitchen with Colonial Square (Soft Bevelled) Profile:

• Yes Kitchen 100% Colourtech.
  • Island Benchtop is Cat 4 (Lagoon) - 60mm Benchtop $3200 (3.2m length x 1.2 wide)
  • Overhead Cupboards only which is in colourtech with Glazed doors x8 - $10K
  • Add Glass Shelves - $640
  • Additional run base cabinet to barback of island bench $2000
  • I have a 2740mm ceiling so I had to upgrade the cabinets height to 920mm instead of standard 720mm - $920
  • Additional cupboards on top of fridge - $545
  • 2x 60mm wide shelves - $370
  • Handles and accessories - $1000
  • Orga Tray for utensils - $84
  • Slideout was included didn't have to pay for it. I just had to pay for the cupboards which was included in item 4 above in the $10k. They are not glazed door just solid doors.
  • My Total Price for kitchen in Colourtech was a little bit under $20K

Add Other Costs:

• Galley Cabinets Only (In Laminate with same colonial profile at 920mm high) - $2500
  • The benchtop in Galley is Cat 1 - $1200
  • Extra Oven 600mm in Galley is - $1600 (Blanco)
  • Note 1: They do not provide bulkhead in Galley for overhead cupboards you can add them or not have them. I didnt.
  • Note 2: I have rounded the numbers.

Electrical came in at $16K for the whole house LED all over, batten and noggins, smart wiring and cctv

Tiling for powder room, baths/wc and ensuite - $12K

Allow at least 25k for Kitchen and Galley if you plan to do colourtech all the way through. This material is expensive.

As for the racks you saw at Burbank make sure you mention it to the Kitchen Culture Rep. You will get the shelves for sure but the racks i am not sure but you can always ask. I think you should get those too. You just gave me an idea for those rack and I think I know where they are gonna go. (I have the Galley view below - take a look)

Note: We went for slideout rangehood because we like the look as it is has a clean finish for the theme that we want. Also maintenance is less and easy to clean every 6/12 months. My wife and I we cook a lot..i mean a lot, weekdays and most weekends we have family and friends and the kitchen is used to the fullest, with time having a flute will have too much grease and dust. I think if you plan to have a flute, you have to clean it at least every fortnight so it remains clean and free from grease and dust. And also depends how often you use the kitchen.

Hope the kitchen info is helpful.

Hi Gio,
Sorry for dragging up an old post but I'm knee-deep in researching!
I wanted to ask about your note that you got Colonial profile doors in laminate for your galley.
At a recent WoS visit the kitchen consultant was very clear with us that if we chose laminate then there were absolutely no door profiles available and they were all plain. This appears not to be correct if you were able to get a colonial profile in laminate! Or have I misunderstood?
Thanks in advance for any information you can share!
Rachel
aplaceforeverything
Gio
@fademan

Kitchen with Colonial Square (Soft Bevelled) Profile:

• Yes Kitchen 100% Colourtech.
  • Island Benchtop is Cat 4 (Lagoon) - 60mm Benchtop $3200 (3.2m length x 1.2 wide)
  • Overhead Cupboards only which is in colourtech with Glazed doors x8 - $10K
  • Add Glass Shelves - $640
  • Additional run base cabinet to barback of island bench $2000
  • I have a 2740mm ceiling so I had to upgrade the cabinets height to 920mm instead of standard 720mm - $920
  • Additional cupboards on top of fridge - $545
  • 2x 60mm wide shelves - $370
  • Handles and accessories - $1000
  • Orga Tray for utensils - $84
  • Slideout was included didn't have to pay for it. I just had to pay for the cupboards which was included in item 4 above in the $10k. They are not glazed door just solid doors.
  • My Total Price for kitchen in Colourtech was a little bit under $20K

Add Other Costs:

• Galley Cabinets Only - $2500
  • The benchtop in Galley is Cat 1 - $1200
  • Extra Oven 600mm in Galley is - $1600 (Blanco)
  • Note 1: They do not provide bulkhead in Galley for overhead cupboards you can add them or not have them. I didnt.
  • Note 2: I have rounded the numbers.

Electrical came in at $16K for the whole house LED all over, batten and noggins, smart wiring and cctv

Tiling for powder room, baths/wc and ensuite - $12K

Allow at least 25k for Kitchen and Galley if you plan to do colourtech all the way through. This material is expensive.

As for the racks you saw at Burbank make sure you mention it to the Kitchen Culture Rep. You will get the shelves for sure but the racks i am not sure but you can always ask. I think you should get those too. You just gave me an idea for those rack and I think I know where they are gonna go. (I have the Galley view below - take a look)

Note: We went for slideout rangehood because we like the look as it is has a clean finish for the theme that we want. Also maintenance is less and easy to clean every 6/12 months. My wife and I we cook a lot..i mean a lot, weekdays and most weekends we have family and friends and the kitchen is used to the fullest, with time having a flute will have too much grease and dust. I think if you plan to have a flute, you have to clean it at least every fortnight so it remains clean and free from grease and dust. And also depends how often you use the kitchen.

Hope the kitchen info is helpful.

Hi Gio,
Sorry for dragging up an old post but I'm knee-deep in researching!
I wanted to ask about your note that you got Colonial profile doors in laminate for your galley.
At a recent WoS visit the kitchen consultant was very clear with us that if we chose laminate then there were absolutely no door profiles available and they were all plain. This appears not to be correct if you were able to get a colonial profile in laminate! Or have I misunderstood?
Thanks in advance for any information you can share!
Rachel

aplaceforeverything Good pickup, you are right. I went back to check the KC doc, and it doesnt say the profile there. I ended up getting the plain profile for the Galley overhead doors. At the time of writing I had just assumed that it was same profile because that is what I wanted but after checking with my wife she mentioned that it was plain and it didnt come in profile. My bad should have updated that a long time ago.

Only way was to get the colonial square profile is to go with colourtech.
MikW
@gio - hey mate, hope you are enjoying your new home and settling in. thanks for all of your tips and advice on your journey.

MikW I have been busy ever since we moved in, am resuming work on 6th of Feb. I managed to get a fair bit done hopefully should get everything done outdoor by end of this week.

Note: If you plan to have NBN at home, make sure you book early with your preferred Service
Provider because there is a 3-6 weeks wait. I booked on the 14th December and got an installed date 19th Jan 2018. Also make sure you book in Morning window 8am to 12 because if it gets too hot like a 40degress day in the arvo forget it, they will postpone the appointment at a later date.
Thank you Gio! That is actually great to know because we’ve also decided to go plain profile for the galley to save some costs, and I was wracking my brains about what to do post handover.
Thanks for getting back to me!
Gio
How is everyone else going with their Madison build? Hope all is well. Here is the latest pics.

Option 5 Stairs - Landing will be done after Handover as it is a custom build job for Madison40. I couldn't get a quote on it at WoS. They only had quote for Madison45 landing.

External: Final coat render on ground floor happening next week. Should be same as upstairs.

Sideview

Hi again Gio,
i feel like I'm stalking you old posts! I promise I'm not; you just seem to have lots of answers I'm looking for

Could you please let me know if these are the facade colours on the New England Rosenthal in the PD promotional material except for the wood front door and garage door? And when you said the cladding was included, did that include the non-promotional profile you changed to?
Your list of facade colours is a huge help as I haven't been able to track them down anywhere and I really want to start matching wood stains, colours etc.
Thanks so much once again!
Rachel
aplaceforeverything the facade colours aren't the same. We went for a light greyish colour for the render and more of an antique white...grey pebble half strength for the cladding. The photo on the website is more of a light brownish colour for the render because of the garage door which is brown

It appeared the clad profile I wanted was included so i didnt pay extra for that after all. At sale was told standard plain profile....we put an allowance there..just in case..needed to upgrade.....then I checked and was told not plain.
I wish they’d just tell you the colours of the display.
Great to know we can choose other cladding too.
Cheers!
aplaceforeverything
Cheers!

Hi
If you ask on the product review website under the Porter Davis homes page, they have a Q&A section, ask there and that PD staff member is really good at getting back to you. Some times it can take a few days.
Cheers C.
Thanks Charly - I’ve seen that but was hoping to find out before Monday so I can do more planning over the weekend! #impatient #iwantitnow #verucasalt
I’ll ask anyway though
aplaceforeverything
Cheers!

I ring the concierge desk at World of Style and they let me know the actual colours listed in their computer system for the displays. As long as you have a client code with PD they will pass on the info.

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum