Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ikea Robes

Page 1 of 1
I'm still at the lines on paper stage and been watching a few builds on here that have used Ikea wardrobes recently.

My plans have come back with built ins of 1950 x 530 and the master walk in is 1950 x 2280

I'd rather change it up now than have unusable space later.

Any suggestions?
Don't take the dimensions on your build plan as gospel, it will change due to gyprock, skirtings and any "adjustments" required to ensure the walls are near enough to plumb!
pauldab
Don't take the dimensions on your build plan as gospel, it will change due to gyprock, skirtings and any "adjustments" required to ensure the walls are near enough to plumb!

I agree! I will say as someone who has just finished installing an ikea robe, Ikeas measurements we spot on and fabulous quality. Maybe wait till you have gyprock and go from there
Agreed, just finished mine too a couple of weeks ago and my ikea consultant assured me i'd have just the right amount of space on each end. She was out by 2 cm each end which is a terribly awesome guess. She was going off my floor plan. Also what height are your ceilings, make sure you choose the right height of the wardrobe depending on your ceiling height.

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
I'm just joining in to say would love to see any pics of Ikea wardrobes done, also how did you find with costs compared to having a wardrobe place doing it? Thanks!
meshelf
I'm just joining in to say would love to see any pics of Ikea wardrobes done, also how did you find with costs compared to having a wardrobe place doing it? Thanks!

I paid $1410 at ikea for the robe. Would have cost me $3000+ for something similar going custom, and that would have been standard white. The shoe shelf wasnt from ikea, it was standard as part of my floor plan.

Wow looks awesome! I had looked into this a while ago, but didn't do a price compare. Just seeing this thread reminded me of it! Thanks
Mine were about $950 a side

Looks awesome! Oh my, is under that glass shelf a jewellery draw? ?
meshelf
Looks awesome! Oh my, is under that glass shelf a jewellery draw? 😍

It is!! My little must have lol

$75 for the draw / inserts $25 for the glass tray

Gorgeous! I'm going to have check out the Ikea site later tonight.
Have you all got the deeper shelves? I noticed there are 2 different depths

I didnt realise there were different depths but our are the same depth as the unit.

vonsta76
meshelf

I paid $1410 at ikea for the robe. Would have cost me $3000+ for something similar going custom, and that would have been standard white. The shoe shelf wasnt from ikea, it was standard as part of my floor plan.

Wow this looks awesome ! I didn't know IKEA did these ...
skinders78
vonsta76
meshelf

Wow this looks awesome ! I didn't know IKEA did these ...
i didnt either until someone else posted up theirs ages ago. Im glad i found out before i went custom lol

Hello!

We're building a rustic/Hamptons style house (weatherboard, reclaimed flooring, white painted pine panelling etc.)

We're fitting out our WIR using Ikea PAX and METOD (the kitchen range) as well as a bit of DIY timber framing, panelling and trim (all to be painted white). We're quite a way off being finished, but here are some of the pics so far:

The tall units are Ikea PAX. We're having the 590 deep for clothes and a tall 350ish deep for shoes in between the windows. The shorter carcasses are Ikea METOD (the kitchen range) and they'll house the drawers (I'm a huge fan of the Ikea kitchen drawers, they're just so sturdy, I think they use Blum ball-bearing runners), then we've created our own frame either side where we'll have rails for hanging.

We've raised all of the cabinetry off the floor as we're sticking 140mm skirtings around the whole thing, so it looks built-in.
obviously, we don't have as many shoes as Vonsta. . . wow!!!!!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum