Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

My list of potential houses

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys, spend a fair bit of time on here searching the forums to see what people are building etc and was wondering from the choices below what you would choose? Ill probably look at going to tender with 3 of them. Misses likes Mcdonald Jones San Marino but i feel like when she walks in she looks at the interior design rather then layouts etc lol.
I like the GJ Gardner Mandalay but being over 24m long it gives less room for the backyard.
We have a 750sqm block. Its 20m wide and 38m long. Catch is we have to have a minimum of 7.2m from front boundary.
Thanks!
iamstib
Hey guys, spend a fair bit of time on here searching the forums to see what people are building etc and was wondering from the choices below what you would choose? Ill probably look at going to tender with 3 of them. Misses likes Mcdonald Jones San Marino but i feel like when she walks in she looks at the interior design rather then layouts etc lol.
I like the GJ Gardner Mandalay but being over 24m long it gives less room for the backyard.
We have a 750sqm block. Its 20m wide and 38m long. Catch is we have to have a minimum of 7.2m from front boundary.
Thanks!

If i was silly enough to build again i would definitely go Macdonald Jones. Love all of their houses and i have not met anyone that is unhappy with their builds. Just add 100k to the house you see on display and your wife will get what she wants lol happy wife happy life

Why not take the elements you like of each design and take the ideas to your preferred builders and see what they come up with?
bump
Hi,

I have had a look at each and some are quite unique in shape, which I imagine you would generally select for a specific reason?
I guess there are several things you need to consider, such as where (which side) you want the alfresco, how close you want one 'tv' area to another 'tv' area, do you want your main bedroom at the front of the house or not, do you need/want 4 bedrooms and a study (or playroom etc).... does the garage need to be on a particular side - if so, and you have to 'flip' the plan to suit this, do you still like how the back of the house will be on the block?

For example, we had to have our garage on the left of the house, but at the back wanted the alfresco on the right, to take advantage of views, so we had to look at floorplans that suited this. This helped as it eliminated a lot of options.

There is one thing I noted probably worth mentioning - the wisdom homes plan - the kitchen and part of the meals area looks straight through into the laundry, or at least a shut laundry door - not ideal?

Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck.
Related
19/11/2023
Help Please? Building, bathroom potential defects & no HBCF

General Discussion

All 3 items listed are defects and are of concern. Please seek qualified independent inspector and/or legal advice for your state.

25/04/2024
Potential Water buildup under slab

General Discussion

Just removed 40 liters of water in the span of 2 hours. Water fills up the hole just above the seepage point and doesn't overflow.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum