Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Cascade Q1 - Henley Homes with Mods

Page 9 of 9
Bergman58
Love the phone holder, where did you get that from? How much.

How much for the blinds?
Have you done fencing yet??

We are at frame stage and im trying to sort out a budget for expenses after we get the house and have no clue.

The 3 port charger/shelf is awesome, it is from the Clipsal Iconic range. They only supply trade customers so you will have to get a sparkie to source one. My sparkie charged me $80 to install one.

My advice is to overbudget. I spent $250k on the build and thought I would have change from $40k for post build but I think I will go pretty close to spending it all and maybe more.

So far I have spent
-$800 insurance
-$2000 electrical
-$9400 driveway/back path
-$6000 blinds/shutters
-$280 locksmith
-$2400 garden beds

I still need to spend
-$5000 on aircon
-$10,000 on decking and finishing landscaping
-$250 moving truck
-$300 NBN infrastructure fee
-$5000 5kwh solar(if I have enough funds)

I'm sure there are things that I have missed but they are the main ones. I have also spent around $7,000 on a new lounge, fridge, dishwasher and washing machine. Really wish it grew on trees, my savings are rapidly diminishing.

cant decide
Bergman58

How much for the blinds?

We are at frame stage and im trying to sort out a budget for expenses after we get the house and have no clue.

The 3 port charger/shelf is awesome, it is from the Clipsal Iconic range. They only supply trade customers so you will have to get a sparkie to source one. My sparkie charged me $80 to install one.

My advice is to overbudget. I spent $250k on the build and thought I would have change from $40k for post build but I think I will go pretty close to spending it all and maybe more.

So far I have spent
-$800 insurance
-$2000 electrical
-$6000 blinds/shutters
-$280 locksmith
-$2400 garden beds

I still need to spend
-$5000 on aircon
-$250 moving truck

I'm sure there are things that I have missed but they are the main ones. I have also spent around $7,000 on a new lounge, fridge, dishwasher and washing machine. Really wish it grew on trees, my savings are rapidly diminishing.

Awesome thanks for that.
We are spending $410,000 on the house. we have brought 2 ovens on sale for $6000 and still need $15,000 for the other ovens yet. Thankfully we have evaporative cooling included as part of the promo package we selected.

why did you need a locksmith??
Bergman58
cant decide
Bergman58

How much for the blinds?

So far I have spent
-$800 insurance
-$2000 electrical
-$6000 blinds/shutters
-$280 locksmith
-$2400 garden beds

I still need to spend
-$5000 on aircon
-$250 moving truck

Awesome thanks for that.
We are spending $410,000 on the house. we have brought 2 ovens on sale for $6000 and still need $15,000 for the other ovens yet. Thankfully we have evaporative cooling included as part of the promo package we selected.

why did you need a locksmith??

I wish I could afford to spend 21k on ovens!!

I forgot to upgrade the back garage door lock so got one of them and installed deadbolts into each movable panel on the timber stacker. Sliding aluminium and timber doors are very easy to break into if you don't have deadbolts.

cant decide
I wish I could afford to spend 21k on ovens!!

I forgot to upgrade the back garage door lock so got one of them and installed deadbolts into each movable panel on the timber stacker. Sliding aluminium and timber doors are very easy to break into if you don't have deadbolts.

the other ovens probably wont be brought until late next year as this stage. We were lucky and got the first 2 for 50% off so that the only reason we have them.

i will have to organise deadbolts for our sliding doors. we have 2 stacker doors in the back as well as sliding door on the laundry and balcony.

This will be our 2nd house and our forever house, we had to upgrade after moving state and now having 5 kids lol
Just a quick question,

do henley provider any handover present at the time of settlement.???
zee1308
Just a quick question,

do henley provider any handover present at the time of settlement.???

Sorry haven't been on here in ages but yes they do. I think the current gift is a T2 set.

I haven't updated this thread for ages. I have had a few issues since handover which I will detail in another post. I will also do a separate landscaping post when I get a chance to take some pics.

My S-Fold sheers were installed today. I'm very happy with them. The service/product I received from Fabric Conversions in Clayton has been outstanding. My order was relatively small($1700) and they sent out an interior designer to measure up and give advice.

Still so much to do....

Love love love those curtains. I wanted to do that in my master bedroom...but cats
Hi

Can you please tell me what colour your rendering is?
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum