Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Palisade in Drouin

Page 6 of 7
alexandraa
Random question, hopefully someone can answer for me.

I just hopped onto the mysimonds portal thing after about 100000 tries

Our land is estimated to title at the start of September but the completion date for getting ready to build stage on the mysimonds says 3rd of November.

Anyone know why it would take nearly 2 months for it to start building? Or do they just make this later in case finance or something takes longer than expected. Thanks!

From what I've seen it does take a while from titles to building, there's soil tests, slab engineering, building permits and finance to organise before the build starts, and I know some councils are bigger pains in the neck than others
there's probably more to it than that but I'm not 100% sure...

Halcyon
alexandraa

Our land is estimated to title at the start of September but the completion date for getting ready to build stage on the mysimonds says 3rd of November.

Anyone know why it would take nearly 2 months for it to start building? Or do they just make this later in case finance or something takes longer than expected. Thanks!

From what I've seen it does take a while from titles to building, there's soil tests, slab engineering, building permits and finance to organise before the build starts, and I know some councils are bigger pains in the neck than others
there's probably more to it than that but I'm not 100% sure...

Ohhh I see, awesome thanks so much lovely ☺ let's hope it starts in November because we can just pretty much write off December for building cause everyone knows it's holiday season haha. That's why I was hoping for an October start date but that's okay! At least I kind of know why now ☺

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the dates at this stage, I drove myself crazy with our one and the date was just a benchmark and very changeable

Cassie.f90
I saw that in the Cranbourne display! So beautiful
I would have loved that but I think practicality got the better of me haha hope I don't regret it!

Building the Simonds Palisade in Gippsland

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sorry I just saw this! Haha I think your idea is a good one! But my OH installs gas log fires as a job so it was just obvious to us to put one in there and seeing the other room will be the theatre room there wasn't really anywhere else to put it!

But I do love the desk idea ☺

Marshall5858
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the dates at this stage, I drove myself crazy with our one and the date was just a benchmark and very changeable

Hehe yaaay! Thanks so much for that ☺ so say if it does start in November how long do you think until we move in? Is it usually 4 months to build? I'm just trying to work it out cause I want to start laybying some furniture soon but not sure how to work it out haha

alexandraa
Marshall5858

Hehe yaaay! Thanks so much for that ☺ so say if it does start in November how long do you think until we move in? Is it usually 4 months to build? I'm just trying to work it out cause I want to start laybying some furniture soon but not sure how to work it out haha

Hmm it's a bit hard for me to answer that but judging from our experience so far, Simonds are very on-the-ball, there's always something happening on site. We ran out of bricks last week so the brickie went round cleaning all the bricks up.
Our slab was laid on 22/12/16, there was a 3 week break for Christmas and we have almost completed lock-up stage which is the halfway mark. I'm really impressed, our guys have been working like dogs, starting at 6am most days and just really getting stuck in so I think the 4 months is a very realistic timeframe

Marshall5858
alexandraa
Marshall5858

Hmm it's a bit hard for me to answer that but judging from our experience so far, Simonds are very on-the-ball, there's always something happening on site. We ran out of bricks last week so the brickie went round cleaning all the bricks up.
Our slab was laid on 22/12/16, there was a 3 week break for Christmas and we have almost completed lock-up stage which is the halfway mark. I'm really impressed, our guys have been working like dogs, starting at 6am most days and just really getting stuck in so I think the 4 months is a very realistic timeframe

That all sounds so exciting! I'm so jealous haha. I can't wait to see what your finished house will look like, it's looking amazing so far! And it's going up so quickly!!

Okay awesome, I might work with that timeframe and worry about layby a few months before the build date seeing their usually 6 month laybys. Thanks so much for your help!

alexandraa

It could also be that they have a few other builds starting a tiny bit earlier/same time and that's when they can fit you in to start. A lot of places will only start a certain number of builds per month.

alexandraa

Our lot titled in September and site started 18th of november. In qld it takes abt 4-6 weeks building permit approval.

Building Simonds Prague in QLD
Horse
alexandraa

Our lot titled in September and site started 18th of november. In qld it takes abt 4-6 weeks building permit approval.

Building Simonds Prague in QLD

Same timeframe then. Awesome thanks so much for that ☺

Hey Alex our land settlement is on the 24th feb and our expected completion of getting ready to build is 24th march. Do you have a date that your land settles? Or is that the same time that it's titled? I don't know how it works tbh haha
Maybe it takes a little longer for you as they may need to wait until your land is titled before they can go to the bank and then you can't settle with your land until you're loan has been approved?

Cassie.f90
Hey Alex our land settlement is on the 24th feb and our expected completion of getting ready to build is 24th march. Do you have a date that your land settles? Or is that the same time that it's titled? I don't know how it works tbh haha
Maybe it takes a little longer for you as they may need to wait until your land is titled before they can go to the bank and then you can't settle with your land until you're loan has been approved?

Ooh that so soon! How exciting

I'm not sure what the different is between settlement and titles either haha. We just know it's titles in September and start date November 3rd so I really don't know how it works

Maybe that's why! I'm not sure, I know in May we're going to see our mortgage broker to get our loan and stuff as all the paperwork only lasts 3 months so there's not much point in doing it now, and then when it titles we should be ready to build straight away.

alexandraa
Cassie.f90

I'm not sure what the different is between settlement and titles either haha. We just know it's titles in September and start date November 3rd so I really don't know how it works

Maybe that's why! I'm not sure, I know in May we're going to see our mortgage broker to get our loan and stuff as all the paperwork only lasts 3 months so there's not much point in doing it now, and then when it titles we should be ready to build straight away.

Land titling is when the department of planning have approved and signed off on the subdivision, they then release the individual titles to the developer. The developer's solicitor will then let your conveyancer know when your settlement date is - it's usually 14 days. Your conveyancer will then get in touch you and your bank to notify.

You will not need normally need to be at the actual settlement appointment. The developers solicitor, your conveyancer and a bank representative will meet up. Once the bank has given the developer the cheque, the developer then passes the land title which to the bank. The bank retains the title until the loan is paid out. Your conveyancer will pay stamp duty and other fees and make sure all of the paperwork is in order, the bank will provide a cheque for this transaction.

The conveyancer will then get in contact to let you know that you are the proud owner of a piece land

Developers are usually very optimistic with timelines to get you to sign up. Most land is released at least 3-6 months later than what you were told when you left your deposit. You are definitely doing the right thing by holding off on loan approval. You can check the progress of your subdivision on the SPEAR website

https://www.spear.land.vic.gov.au/spear ... /Search.do

cant decide
alexandraa
Cassie.f90

Land titling is when the department of planning have approved and signed off on the subdivision, they then release the individual titles to the developer. The developer's solicitor will then let your conveyancer know when your settlement date is - it's usually 14 days. Your conveyancer will then get in touch you and your bank to notify.

You will not need normally need to be at the actual settlement appointment. The developers solicitor, your conveyancer and a bank representative will meet up. Once the bank has given the developer the cheque, the developer then passes the land title which to the bank. The bank retains the title until the loan is paid out. Your conveyancer will pay stamp duty and other fees and make sure all of the paperwork is in order, the bank will provide a cheque for this transaction.

The conveyancer will then get in contact to let you know that you are the proud owner of a piece land

Oh awesome. Thanks so much for that ☺ I'm still learning how the process works haha

The whole process is so confusing, I have spent hours researching everything. It is so hard to get straightforward information about the whole process. My land titles on Thursday, I'm pretty excited

Developers are usually very optimistic with timelines to get you to sign up. Most land is released at least 3-6 months later than what you were told when you left your deposit. You are definitely doing the right thing by holding off on loan approval. You can check the progress of your subdivision on the SPEAR website

[/quote]

Awesome thanks for the info
I understand a little more now! Feels weird to sit back and let everyone else do everything haha less stress for us though

Alexandra I can't believe we will probably start building early April!! It's gone so quick and feels surreal. If everything goes to plan and we have no big issues then we could potentially be in by august!

cant decide
The whole process is so confusing, I have spent hours researching everything. It is so hard to get straightforward information about the whole process. My land titles on Thursday, I'm pretty excited

[/quote]

Oh how essiting! Congratulations

Yeah it's sucks how much longer it takes to title than what they tell you! I'm hoping it stays on track though, we have a friend building in the stage before us and their titles were delayed by 2 months but now they can't build because the developers and engineers didn't cut their block properly so they can't build until that's all sorted.

But a house is being built in that stage at the moment so obviously it's not holding everyone up

Cassie.f90
Awesome thanks for the info
I understand a little more now! Feels weird to sit back and let everyone else do everything haha less stress for us though

Alexandra I can't believe we will probably start building early April!! It's gone so quick and feels surreal. If everything goes to plan and we have no big issues then we could potentially be in by august!

Wow that's so soon! I'll be stalking your forum and stuff to watch everything take place
you must be so excited!

So went to look at the block last night aaaaaanddddddd nothing has changed. At. All.

There are 8 houses going up in the street next to ours however. And they're all Simonds houses and they're all going up super fast so that's good to know!

Talked to our land sales agent and they've sold pretty much all of our stage and they've had to release another stage earlier than anticipated because it's in such high demand.

Which is good because that means we'll have neighbours that we can split the fences with, winning!

This is our patch of dirt, looks exactly as it did the last 4 times I've been to visit haha.

This is where stage 14b is going so pretty much straight across from our block and behind stage 14.

I can't wait until they actually do something exciting haha. Still on track for September title date but land sales agent said he will know more second half of the year. ??

alexandraa
So went to look at the block last night aaaaaanddddddd nothing has changed. At. All.

There are 8 houses going up in the street next to ours however. And they're all Simonds houses and they're all going up super fast so that's good to know!

Talked to our land sales agent and they've sold pretty much all of our stage and they've had to release another stage earlier than anticipated because it's in such high demand.

Which is good because that means we'll have neighbours that we can split the fences with, winning!

This is our patch of dirt, looks exactly as it did the last 4 times I've been to visit haha.

This is where stage 14b is going so pretty much straight across from our block and behind stage 14.

I can't wait until they actually do something exciting haha. Still on track for September title date but land sales agent said he will know more second half of the year. ??

Same here.my initial date was feb 2017, and I finally got an email saying the lot will be pegged by 1st week of April and title to be estimated 1st week of May. Hopefully they are right this time and land be settled at end of May. Moving in before Christmas would be nice

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum