Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Crystal Waters, North Kellyville

Page 4 of 9
GL1970
After waiting 2 years, we have decided to rescind the contract and walk away from the purchase. How is everybody anything going?

Hi, Once to except sunset clause , what if they deny to give your money back?
Do you got your money back straightway?
Tony0509
GL1970
After waiting 2 years, we have decided to rescind the contract and walk away from the purchase. How is everybody anything going?

Hi, Once you excute sunset clause , what if they deny to give your money back?
Tony0509
Tony0509
GL1970

Hi, Once you excute sunset clause , what if they deny to give your money back?

If the sunset date passes and the land has not been registered, they legally have to return your money. Our money was paid on the same day we rescinded. Best to talk to your lawyer.
I spoke to my conveyor and he said if they deny to give money back then we have to go Court. However they may give money back without going the matter to court. Have you got your stamp duty back? Thanks for your reply
Tony0509
I spoke to my conveyor and he said if they deny to give money back then we have to go Court. However they may give money back without going the matter to court. Have you got your stamp duty back? Thanks for your reply

I am no lawyer but once the sunset date passes and they have not registered the land, contractually they need to return your deposit if you rescind.

In any case, the deposit is returned by the real estate agent who sold you the block, as the money is held in a trust account.

As for the stamp duty, my lawyer is arranging the refund.
Has anybody heard any news from the council or developer lately? Is the land approved and on its way to the land titles office?
What about stamp duty - did you get that back ?
GL1970
Tony0509

I am no lawyer but once the sunset date passes and they have not registered the land, contractually they need to return your deposit if you rescind.

In any case, the deposit is returned by the real estate agent who sold you the block, as the money is held in a trust account.

Who was your agent
Stimpson
GL1970
Tony0509

Who was your agent

MERC REAL ESTATE
What I would like to know is why is the developer and its solicitor so quite? There are some unhappy buyers out there with this whole process. Why we cannot get some sensible communication from somebody out there?
Surely we deserve this....
i agree and I asked my agent his - and his reply was - "haven't you got better things to do?
We made a decided to rescind the contract and walk away from the purchase. Got money back.
Tony0509
We made a decided to rescind the contract and walk away from the purchase. Got money back.

Lucky you
Good Afternoon all

good news, I have been informed by the developer that Baulkham Hills Council have issued the ‘SC’ (subdivision certificate) from this morning. It will be lodged with LPI today.

It can take up to nine days for the land to be registered.

The frustration has been felt by all however, it may be prudent to now look at the future and the reality is that you have purchased land in a great location and land of this caliber will simply not be available in the area again.

Best wishes to all.

Anastasio
Principal Atlantis Real Estate
Atlantis Real Estate
Good Afternoon all

good news, I have been informed by the developer that Baulkham Hills Council have issued the ‘SC’ (subdivision certificate) from this morning. It will be lodged with LPI today.

The frustration has been felt by all however, it may be prudent to now look at the future and the reality is that you have purchased land in a great location and land of this caliber will simply not be available in the area again.

Best wishes to all.

Anastasio

If the land is so good then why have prices come down?
Stimpson
Atlantis Real Estate
Good Afternoon all

Best wishes to all.

Anastasio

If the land is so good then why have prices come down?
Yes great location but we were told we could build a single level and now we cant, and not only that the prices have come down. so not only are we stick with land that doesn't suit our plans but one we wont get out money back on? Its no wonder some with a June sunset clause have rescinded their contracts - so now more blocks are available.
Stimpson

I am sorry to hear about being given incorrect information on what type of home could be build on your lot. The only thing I can suggest is that you consult as many builders as possible and or an architect as you may be able to build a single level home by utilising a suspended slab. Most builders these days only build on the ground.

In terms of the prices going down when Atlantis Real Estate was appointed we amended the prices to to have a logical per meter price. The larger the lot the better per m2 price. Some lots prices reduced and others increased. Allowing for the adjustment the prices have not moved since we had been appointed in November 2017.

Anastasio
This is great news Anastasia!!!
We were contacted by our agent and solicitor yesterday with this long awaited news and are now ready and excited to start the next phase. It was a frustrating wait but I think it will be worth it in the end. We knew the difficulties of the land when we went in and have had to compromise on a few things in our design. But the location and aspect will definitely be worth the wait and compromises. I’m sure there will be more challenges along the way...but we’ll cross those bridges as they come up.
Fingers crossed it doesn’t take too long in land titles.
Thank you for your update Anastasia.
Great to see some positive news, super excited for the next phase.

I think Anastasio is correct in saying that this is a really good spot to have bought land and after driving through other parts of north kellyville I have to say it really confirms this.

Will be awesome to see the first few slabs down in the next few months.

Thank you for the update Anastasio it been long awaited.
Related
5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

28/08/2023
Signature at Kellyville

General Discussion

Do not fall in that trap.

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros